Removals Company - Recommendations

oliver27

Hey,

We’re moving back to the U.K. from Brisbane and only have 2 x regular cartons (boxes) to ship back.

I’ve had a few quotes but they all seem to be way more expensive than the company we used to ship exactly the same amount from the U.K. to Brisbane (we used PSS Intl. but they don’t do Aus > U.K.)

Any cost-effective companies you can recommend?

Thanks in advance! :)

8 hours ago, oliver27 said:

Hey,

We’re moving back to the U.K. from Brisbane and only have 2 x regular cartons (boxes) to ship back.

I’ve had a few quotes but they all seem to be way more expensive than the company we used to ship exactly the same amount from the U.K. to Brisbane (we used PSS Intl. but they don’t do Aus > U.K.)

Any cost-effective companies you can recommend?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

If they are just 2 cardboard boxes of  personal effects then I would be looking for a freight forwarding company, some outfit from around the airport, thats how we got stuff moved that we wanted as soon as we landed back, the thing is you might have to go to the airport to drop off and  collect at the other end as its the cost of collecting and delivering which pushes the money up, if you do that make sure you insure them, there is a firm on here who do it and plaster your contact details on the boxes.

19 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

If they are just 2 cardboard boxes of  personal effects then I would be looking for a freight forwarding company, some outfit from around the airport, thats how we got stuff moved that we wanted as soon as we landed back, the thing is you might have to go to the airport to drop off and  collect at the other end as its the cost of collecting and delivering which pushes the money up, if you do that make sure you insure them, there is a firm on here who do it and plaster your contact details on the boxes.

Thanks for the tip. Yeah just two medium sized removal boxes. 30kg each. We can drop off (think they’ll fit in the car!) as live in Teneriffe so not too far.

would you happen to know the names of said companies? Or would I just google ‘freight forwarding companies’?

we don’t mind waiting for these things (as seemed to have lived fine without them whilst we waiting for them for months over here).

7 minutes ago, oliver27 said:

Thanks for the tip. Yeah just two medium sized removal boxes. 30kg each. We can drop off (think they’ll fit in the car!) as live in Teneriffe so not too far.

would you happen to know the names of said companies? Or would I just google ‘freight forwarding companies’?

we don’t mind waiting for these things (as seemed to have lived fine without them whilst we waiting for them for months over here).

No, sorry, we did it a few years back, but I'm sure you will find someone if you google, we used a smallish firm