Ahpra requests extension

Amber2106

I submitted an application end of October to Ahpra, received contact in December requesting further evidence and transcripts from my university, I sent my documents and they were received within a week, it did however take until this week for my university to send their paperwork!

today I had an email saying they are pleased to say my application has been assessed but they need me to agree to an extension to 3/6/19 as I likely will need to present in person, before they will issue the outcome letter !

anyone been in a similar position?

Yes this is standard process for aphra. Too many people applying for registration and either not making the move, or taking too long to move. Sounds like they are being nice by giving you additional time to present in person. Registering with APHRA and applying for visa can be a bit of a time balancing challenge because of the 3 months requirement. If you plan to travel in April then there’s no issue. 

Thanks hun, hopefully will hear soon then. I was aware of the need to present within 90 days and had planned a visit earlier this month but it hadn’t come through in time, I’m fortunate that we have family over there who I can stay with, however the Hubby’s not impressed that I get a nice relaxing holiday whilst he stays at home with the kids! 😜

• Haha 1