Nurses on 189, 190

Martina

On 20/01/2020 at 18:21, Pooja Negi said:

Hello @Martina

I heard that VIC rejects a lot of Pre-Invite nomination applications. I received my Pre-invite on 16th Jan, 2020 and lodged my nomination application already. Everyone is saying that not to make big plans as VIC is very choosy and most of the pre-invites do not turn into final invites. So, I'm just worried about that. May I know how much did VIC take to give you the final invite after you receive the pre-invite? 
Thanks!

Hi Hun, 

Yes it's true they turn a huge number of people down in the pre-invitation process. I got rejected too because I previously lived in NSW and they didn't like that. Had to fight my way through and ended up writing a 10 page commitment letter to the Victorian government that finally got me the official invite. 

If I remember this correctly, they rejected me in two weeks and then reopened my case in one week and I got through in another two weeks. 

Good luck xx

20 hours ago, Martina said:

Hi Hun, 

Yes it's true they turn a huge number of people down in the pre-invitation process. I got rejected too because I previously lived in NSW and they didn't like that. Had to fight my way through and ended up writing a 10 page commitment letter to the Victorian government that finally got me the official invite. 

If I remember this correctly, they rejected me in two weeks and then reopened my case in one week and I got through in another two weeks. 

Good luck xx

Hey @Martina

Thanks for your reply!!
I was not aware that you can even approach them after their decision on your nomination. Because everywhere I read that they don't actually site any reason of rejection and give a very generic template kinda mail.
Also, Do we have to submit the VIC commitment letter at the time of submitting documents for nomination after receiving Pre-invite or at the time of receiving the final invite and filing for visa? Because I could not see that as mentioned in the nomination documents checklist on their website. 

Thanks a lot 🙂

Edited by Pooja Negi

3 hours ago, Pooja Negi said:

Hey @Martina

Thanks for your reply!!
I was not aware that you can even approach them after their decision on your nomination. Because everywhere I read that they don't actually site any reason of rejection and give a very generic template kinda mail.
Also, Do we have to submit the VIC commitment letter at the time of submitting documents for nomination after receiving Pre-invite or at the time of receiving the final invite and filing for visa? Because I could not see that as mentioned in the nomination documents checklist on their website. 

Thanks a lot 🙂

You can't approach them and they generally won't talk to you once the decision is made. I was very persistent and felt it wasn't really fair given my situation and finally got a chance with the commitment letter. I wouldn't submit it unless they ask for it. 

• Thanks 1

On 22/01/2020 at 22:23, Martina said:

You can't approach them and they generally won't talk to you once the decision is made. I was very persistent and felt it wasn't really fair given my situation and finally got a chance with the commitment letter. I wouldn't submit it unless they ask for it. 

Hi,

I am NSW graduate RN(Nec).

Recently,I heard that VIC state nominates recent graduate Nurses as easy with 65,70 points having all the criterias met.Does anybody know more about it?

On 21/01/2020 at 22:42, Martina said:

Hi Hun, 

Good luck xx

Congrats on your Visa!! We arrived in Adelaide Oct 8th 2019, been great so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys!

I have a doubt if anyone would be able to clarify on this.

I got my ANMAC positive skills assessment dated 17/05/2019 (valid till 17/05/2021) and included 3 of my previous employment (screenshot attached). Currently I'm working as a Nurse Educator (RN-NEC) since 10/04/2019 till date. I also worked at this same place earlier (14/04/2015-24/02/2016) and that period was part of my skill assessment also. Point to be noted here that When I applied for my skill assessment (Early April, 2019), I have not joined this current job so this one is not included in my skills assessment result. 
When I initially submitted EOI for 189 & 190 in Aug, 2019, I did mention my current job and included that in "related to nominated occupation".  Now, in Jan, 2020 I completed 5 years of overseas exp and my EOI automatically got updated and added 5 more points on it's own.

Now, my question is Do i need to get another skill assessment done from ANMAC since my current job is not included in the previous skill assessment result?

I hope I was clear with my question and if anyone would be able to answer this?? My agent says that it is not required at this stage. FYI, I have received a pre-invite from VIC on 16/01/2020 and have submitted my nomination application on the same day so now I'm awaiting for the final invite.

Many Thanks for your time and response! 🙂

123.PNG

Congratulations Pooja.. I’m in similar situation as you .. offshore critical care and emergency nurse with 90 points for state nomination .i already have superior English score and over 10 years of experience so there isn’t much to do. I recently changed my state to Victoria.. it looks like you got yours only 15 days from the day of effect. Any pointers ? I hope to hear something soon.

Hey Guys!

Happy to inform you all that I received my final invite from VIC today and I can't be more happy than this. Now just one and last step left for Aussie dream to become a reality.

Hang in there guys, Your invite will be around the corner. Be patient. I started my process for Aus in March, 2017 (IELTS-->Applied in AHPRA-->Did my overseas bridging program-->gain Aus license as a RN-->skills assessment-->PTE-->EOI) and now here I'm. 3 years went by.

Things do look doubtful at times but keep going for your dream. 

On 21/02/2020 at 22:46, BellaB said:

Congratulations Pooja.. I’m in similar situation as you .. offshore critical care and emergency nurse with 90 points for state nomination .i already have superior English score and over 10 years of experience so there isn’t much to do. I recently changed my state to Victoria.. it looks like you got yours only 15 days from the day of effect. Any pointers ? I hope to hear something soon.

Hello Bella,

Yeah, I received the pre-invite in almost 10 days from my updated D.O.E with 85+5 points. When did you file your 190 EOI with 90 points? I guess, you will be receiving it soon. :)

24 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

Hello Bella,

Yeah, I received the pre-invite in almost 10 days from my updated D.O.E with 85+5 points. When did you file your 190 EOI with 90 points? I guess, you will be receiving it 

27 minutes ago, Pooja Negi said:

Hey Guys!

Happy to inform you all that I received my final invite from VIC today and I can't be more happy than this. Now just one and last step left for Aussie dream to become a reality.

Hang in there guys, Your invite will be around the corner. Be patient. I started my process for Aus in March, 2017 (IELTS-->Applied in AHPRA-->Did my overseas bridging program-->gain Aus license as a RN-->skills assessment-->PTE-->EOI) and now here I'm. 3 years went by.

Yes!!! Congratulations! Hit me up when you're in Melbourne. Good luck with everything, you're a fighter 👍👍👍

• Thanks 1

Hey Guys!

Congrats!! 

I'm glad everything worked out well for you. 

I'm hoping to get the same luck soon, as time goes by my hopes are fading away. Just gotta wait and keep holding on 😊

Good luck with everything and keep us updated. 

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone, 

I am overseas Registered Nurse, who did bridging program and got Registered with NMBA last year. Since I got registration, I am working as a Registered Nurse in an Aged care facility in NSW (more than a year). I am going to lodge application for skill assessment to ANMAC but I am a bit  confused regarding the ANZSCO code to be used. 

Can anyone please help me to clarify whether I need to fill ANZSCO code for AGED CARE NURSE (254412) or under classification NEC (254499). Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. 

Best regards 

Sandeep Kaur

16 hours ago, peimika said:

Congrats!! 

I'm glad everything worked out well for you. 

I'm hoping to get the same luck soon, as time goes by my hopes are fading away. Just gotta wait and keep holding on 😊

Good luck with everything and keep us updated. 

Thank you Peimika!! 🙂

And hang in there, be patient and hopeful, Yours will be coming soon too. Also, look for a Plan B as well. If not, try to maximize your points if you do have the option for that.

Sure, I will keep you updated with my application. Wish you luck 🙂

3 hours ago, KaurSandeep said:

Hello everyone, 

I am overseas Registered Nurse, who did bridging program and got Registered with NMBA last year. Since I got registration, I am working as a Registered Nurse in an Aged care facility in NSW (more than a year). I am going to lodge application for skill assessment to ANMAC but I am a bit  confused regarding the ANZSCO code to be used. 

Can anyone please help me to clarify whether I need to fill ANZSCO code for AGED CARE NURSE (254412) or under classification NEC (254499). Your suggestions will be highly appreciated. 

Best regards 

Sandeep Kaur

Hello Sandeep Kaur,

I believe you should go with the ANZSCO for AGED CARED NURSE for your current employment since you have been working as an aged care nurse since more than a year now. And if you do have some work experience back home, so put ANZSCO code as per the experience you had that time. For example, I worked at 3 different hospitals in my home country and my ANZSCO code was different for all 3 occupations. After ANMAC assessed my application, they gave me the code for 254415 (Critical Care & emergency) as I had the maximum experience in that specialty (around 3years). Also, they did consider my other two experiences to an appropriately skilled level as a RN/RM.

Edited by Pooja Negi
typo

Just now, KaurSandeep said:

Thank you Pooja Negi for your reply. 

If you don't mind, can I ask you if you have lodged your skill assessment by yourself or through agent? If through agent, would you mind recommending me the name of that agent please. 

Thank you 

Hey Sandeep,

Please check your inbox, just messaged you.

Hello Sandeep Kaur,

I believe you should go with the ANZSCO for AGED CARED NURSE for your current employment since you have been working as an aged care nurse since more than a year now. And if you do have some work experience back home, so put ANZSCO code as per the experience you had that time. For example, I worked at 3 different hospitals in my home country and my ANZSCO code was different for all 3 occupations. After ANMAC assessed my application, they gave me the code for 254415 (Critical Care & emergency) as I had the maximum experience in that specialty (around 3years). Also, they did consider my other two experiences to an appropriately skilled level as a RN/RM.

Hi Pooja Negi, would like to know different ANZSCO code can combine it together and claim total experience in EOI? Eg , critical care 4 years + medical/surgical 1 year.  (5 years total)

My wife will undergo PTE next week and prepare for the new outcome based-assessments for IQNMs. Your timeline is exactly the pathway we prepare for, all the best for your final grant.

51 minutes ago, tr1angel said:

Hi Pooja Negi, would like to know different ANZSCO code can combine it together and claim total experience in EOI? Eg , critical care 4 years + medical/surgical 1 year.  (5 years total)

My wife will undergo PTE next week and prepare for the new outcome based-assessments for IQNMs. Your timeline is exactly the pathway we prepare for, all the best for your final grant.

You cannot claim it on your own but It's the ANMAC who assesses and if they have considered all your experience to an appropriately skilled level then yes you can claim the complete experience for your EOI.

And all the best wishes for your wife who will be starting her process via the new pathway for IQNMs. They have reduced the costs considerably so that is one good thing.

On 24/02/2020 at 03:52, Pooja Negi said:

Hello Bella,

Yeah, I received the pre-invite in almost 10 days from my updated D.O.E with 85+5 points. When did you file your 190 EOI with 90 points? I guess, you will be receiving it soon. 🙂

I filed it in 15/02 with the updates score and I’m happy to say that I just received my pre-invite a few hours ago .. so excited about it .. my only problem is my AHPra has already assessed everything waiting for one more COGS and I’m hoping it could be done before the two weeks deadline .. I’m not sure if I could still go ahead and submit without my registration information and wait for them to ask me ?? Anyone’s advise will be appreciated.. I’m stressing now .. lol

1 hour ago, BellaB said:

I filed it in 15/02 with the updates score and I’m happy to say that I just received my pre-invite a few hours ago .. so excited about it .. my only problem is my AHPra has already assessed everything waiting for one more COGS and I’m hoping it could be done before the two weeks deadline .. I’m not sure if I could still go ahead and submit without my registration information and wait for them to ask me ?? Anyone’s advise will be appreciated.. I’m stressing now .. lol

Your signature doesn't have any details of what, where and when you're applying for what. If you're applying for Qld, then AHPRA is not a requirement.

2 hours ago, BellaB said:

Hey Bella!

Congratulations hon!! I'm guessing you got the pre-invite from VIC, right?

But I don't understand You applied in AHPRA for registration? What about ANMAC skill assessment, have you got that done? Because if you received the pre-invite, that means you should already have all these things before. Am I missing something here?

Hello Guys ,

I already had my ANMAC assessment done last year  in March as I am a US nurse , it was pretty easy . The AHPRA process was started in December but there was a delay from one of the board of nursing with sending my COGS.. I have two EOI , one in VIC and one in Qsld .. so I spoke with them and they mailed the last COGS 2 weeks ago .. don’t know if the can finalize for me in the next two weeks .. otherwise I might need to not accept the pre-invite and wait .. I’m not sure how long it will take again ..