and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Martina

Nurses on 189, 190

5 hours ago, Edith li said:

Hello Martina,

I'm currently awaiting for my anmac assessment which I'm applying for surgical, may I know much does anmac actually recognise oversea experience, do they only count in those since after a bachelor degree or they also include those when I have only diploma ? kinda worried about it as it matters so much to EOI sore...

also does surgical RN has more priority in getting a EOI invitation? I haven't decide which visa to go for yet at this stage.. 

Hi Edith, 

The experience counts from the day you got registered in your country onwards. For example, I was working and studying my diploma at the same time. After graduation, I had to wait for another 4 months to get my registration (while working as an RN) because of bureaucracy. Anmac counted my experience from the day I officially got registered. That's why I lost a few weeks to claim points for my experience - it sucks really. 

I don't know whether surgical RNs get priority but probably not. It really depends on the shortages I'd say. 

31/5 - 26/7/2018 - Monash University bridging program for internationally qualified nurses, 5/8/2018 - APHRA registration, 12/9/2018 - ANMAC modified skill assessment, 18/2/2019 - PTE Academic overal score 88 (R 83, L 90, W 81, S 90), 21/2/2019 - EOI for 189 and for 190 visa (NSW, VIC) lodged, 25/2/2019 - VIC 190 state nomination pre-invitation received (65+5 points, Registered Nurse (surgical) ANZSCO 254424), 03/04/2019 invitation received after submitting comittment letter to VIC government, 30/05/2019 application for VIC 190 submitted 

On 15/10/2019 at 20:41, Martina said:

Hi Edith, 

The experience counts from the day you got registered in your country onwards. For example, I was working and studying my diploma at the same time. After graduation, I had to wait for another 4 months to get my registration (while working as an RN) because of bureaucracy. Anmac counted my experience from the day I officially got registered. That's why I lost a few weeks to claim points for my experience - it sucks really. 

I don't know whether surgical RNs get priority but probably not. It really depends on the shortages I'd say. 

Hi Martina,

Thanks for your reply:)

May I ask you something about ANMAC process as well?

I’m applying modified PLUS skill assessment, do I need to submit/upload the letter of approval in principal to anywhere? 

From Singapore, AHPRA registration application submitted on 18/07/19, In-principle approval of registration subject to proof of identity Revd 09/10/19, anmac applied 15/10/19, 

On 17/06/2019 at 04:10, Martina said:

Hi Ash, 

I'm not a professional who can judge if it's all good. I've given you all the info you needed and I'm sure if you do your best it will be sufficient 😊

Best of luck x

Hi Martina,

Are you still waiting for your visa to be approved?

I received a positive skill assessment from ANMAC ,( ANZSCO code Medical). I wanted to ask you if the Department of Home Affairs requires proof of work experience if one is not claiming points for the same? And if they do require proof, are reference letters enough or they ask for more documents like tax returns, pay slips...?

Thanks,

Kate

14 hours ago, Nurse77 said:

Hi Martina,

Are you still waiting for your visa to be approved?

I received a positive skill assessment from ANMAC ,( ANZSCO code Medical). I wanted to ask you if the Department of Home Affairs requires proof of work experience if one is not claiming points for the same? And if they do require proof, are reference letters enough or they ask for more documents like tax returns, pay slips...?

Thanks,

Kate

Hi Kate, 

Yes still waiting, currently sitting at 163 days with no contact what so ever. 

I didn't claim points for work experience but Victoria requires two years so I've put down anything I could to support that. Mostly payslips, tax returns, work agreement anything I could. 

When going through the application, you'll actually find that there is a list of documents you'll need to upload, work related stuff too. I was confused why I have it there when not claiming work experience (and some people here in the same situation didn't put anything there) but still uploaded. 

Good luck to you and congratulations on your anmac assessment!

31/5 - 26/7/2018 - Monash University bridging program for internationally qualified nurses, 5/8/2018 - APHRA registration, 12/9/2018 - ANMAC modified skill assessment, 18/2/2019 - PTE Academic overal score 88 (R 83, L 90, W 81, S 90), 21/2/2019 - EOI for 189 and for 190 visa (NSW, VIC) lodged, 25/2/2019 - VIC 190 state nomination pre-invitation received (65+5 points, Registered Nurse (surgical) ANZSCO 254424), 03/04/2019 invitation received after submitting comittment letter to VIC government, 30/05/2019 application for VIC 190 submitted 

Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to say thanks to everyone for helping me. Friday is always a blessed day for me and I am so happy today to announce that we got our 190 visa granted. Here is my timeline:

EOI Submitted on 06/07/19

Got invitation or nomination 23/07/19

Visa lodged on 16/08/19

Medical and police check uploaded in between 22-27/09/19

No CO contacted

Visa grant on 8/11/19

Point 60+5

State: Tasmania

• Congratulations 2

On 10/11/2019 at 06:00, Modasser Hossain said:

Hello everyone,

First of all I would like to say thanks to everyone for helping me. Friday is always a blessed day for me and I am so happy today to announce that we got our 190 visa granted. Here is my timeline:

EOI Submitted on 06/07/19

Got invitation or nomination 23/07/19

Visa lodged on 16/08/19

Medical and police check uploaded in between 22-27/09/19

No CO contacted

Visa grant on 8/11/19

Point 60+5

State: Tasmania

hello,

congrats on the visa grant!!!

I do have one question regarding the average registered nurse salary in  Tasmania. Is it hard to meet the minimum income requirement of 53, 900?

thank you and good luck!