Nurses on 189, 190

Martina

3 hours ago, Ash786 said:

Hi Martina, 

I am just preparing the rough template of professional refrences. 

Would you mind to have a look before I get that printed on official letter head ? 

Just to make sure everything is alright or in case require some changes.

I can send u on ur email.

You would be best advised to contact a registered agent as your questions are getting into the realms of needing professional advice. 

12 hours ago, Ash786 said:

Hi Martina, 

No worries.

I have made it overall except examples of competence in carrying out nursing work.

Can u pls help me how to describe this ?

As u were also worked in surgical.

Thank you 

The person writing your reference will need to describe your competency 

21 hours ago, Ash786 said:

Hi Martina, 

No worries.

I have made it overall except examples of competence in carrying out nursing work.

Can u pls help me how to describe this ?

As u were also worked in surgical.

Thank you 

Hi Ash, 

I can't help you with these, you're working there and you know what are your competencies. I worked in Surgery but in different country. Your competencies come from your country's health law about registered nurses. 

Good luck

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and have been encouraged by lots of positive stories here. please I need some guidance. I am in the process of applying for my 190 visa. On the upload required documents page, I have been asked to provide evidence of overseas and Australian work experience. My confusion now is that I am not claiming any points for work experience as I do not have the necessary documents, especially for the overseas work experience. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Any suggestions on how to go about this? I'm trying to avoid any CO contact in the future.

Hi! I’m wondering if someone can help me. I’ve been registered as a nurse in UK for 5 years, but I’ve done my studies in Italy. Now that I’m here I’m about to start my application in order to register with AHPRA. My concern is that as I’ve got an Italian degree they might want me to join the IRON program. I’m hoping that my registration as a nurse in UK will make it easier for me to get registered here, but I’m not sure about that. Does anyone have a similar experience? Thank you in advance!

7 hours ago, CO348 said:

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and have been encouraged by lots of positive stories here. please I need some guidance. I am in the process of applying for my 190 visa. On the upload required documents page, I have been asked to provide evidence of overseas and Australian work experience. My confusion now is that I am not claiming any points for work experience as I do not have the necessary documents, especially for the overseas work experience. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Any suggestions on how to go about this? I'm trying to avoid any CO contact in the future.

Hi, 

I'm not claiming any points for my overseas work experience (Vic just needed 2 years of experience and validated it themselves) and I had the same requirement on the upload page. I just uploaded every document I had to support my experience but not sure why they wanted it.. 

9 minutes ago, Martina said:

Hi, 

I'm not claiming any points for my overseas work experience (Vic just needed 2 years of experience and validated it themselves) and I had the same requirement on the upload page. I just uploaded every document I had to support my experience but not sure why they wanted it.. 

Hi Martina, thanks for your response. With Vic, I applied on the recent graduate platform so did not have to provide any experience documents. That's why I'm confused at the moment. If you don't mind my asking, what docs did you end up submitting to DHA on that work experience page during the visa application?

3 hours ago, CO348 said:

Hi Martina, thanks for your response. With Vic, I applied on the recent graduate platform so did not have to provide any experience documents. That's why I'm confused at the moment. If you don't mind my asking, what docs did you end up submitting to DHA on that work experience page during the visa application?

No worries, I've uploaded work agreement, pay slips, tax returns and professional reference. 

Hi guys!

please help me clarify things. Can I lodge EOI to 2 states at the same time? 

I'm a Registered Nurse. Last February 2018, I've  lodged EOI to 189 (65 points) and 190 (NSW; 70points). Honestly, I could see a very slim chance to get invited  to both visa classes due to low points. Currently, I'm working on my English test to get a superior score. I am also considering applying for 190 VIC to try and see my luck. So can I lodge EOI for VIC even though I have already lodged in NSW?

Thanks in advance.

4 minutes ago, Nays said:

Hi guys!

I'm a Registered Nurse. Last February 2018, I've  lodged EOI to 189 (65 points) and 190 (NSW; 70points). Honestly, I could see a very slim chance to get invited  to both visa classes due to low points. Currently, I'm working on my English test to get a superior score. I am also considering applying for 190 VIC to try and see my luck. So can I lodge EOI for VIC even though I have already lodged in NSW?

Thanks in advance.

You can, but some states don't see it as a commitment to wanting to live/work in their state if you've also applied for another.

2 minutes ago, Nays said:

Hi guys!

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, 

Yes you definitely can lodge another EOI to VIC. Based on my experience, I'd strongly suggest you to do that. NSW has stopped the invitation for now and you don't have a chance for 189.

I also needed superior English to boost my score and ended up doing PTE, it's so much easier than ietls! Check out some videos on YouTube. 

Good luck x

On 21/06/2019 at 18:05, federica_causero said:

Hi! I’m wondering if someone can help me. I’ve been registered as a nurse in UK for 5 years, but I’ve done my studies in Italy. Now that I’m here I’m about to start my application in order to register with AHPRA. My concern is that as I’ve got an Italian degree they might want me to join the IRON program. I’m hoping that my registration as a nurse in UK will make it easier for me to get registered here, but I’m not sure about that. Does anyone have a similar experience? Thank you in advance!

Hi! Same experience, I qualified in Italy and worked in the UK. I am now in Australia, I have completed the bridging program and I have AHPRA registration. Contact me if you need information on the pathway.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, peimika said:

Hi! Same experience, I qualified in Italy and worked in the UK. I am now in Australia, I have completed the bridging program and I have AHPRA registration. Contact me if you need information on the pathway.

Hi, thanks for your reply! It would be really helpful for me to talk to someone who’s gone through the same experience. Can we talk somewhere else, maybe via whatsapp or via email? 

On 01/06/2019 at 01:16, Martina said:

I submitted my EOI to NSW too (65+5) and haven't heard anything since February. I'm not an immi lawyer but think that it's almost impossible with your points to get the invite, especially from NSW. If you can study in regional Australia and gain more points, I'd go for it. 

I do have my bachelor from overseas (Czech Republic) and had to go through bridging program in order to get registered in Australia. 

Hi Martina,

First of all congrats for getting the invitation from Vic as surgical nurse.

I am in the same situation like you were. I submitted my EOI from NSW with 55+5 back in April 2018 but from July 1st everything changed. It's very hard for me to accumulate points. 

Now I am in Tasmania and I have gained 1 yr experience and also 5 points. I am thinking to apply for 190 visa. I am just wondering, do I need to submit a new EOI for Tasmania as i am getting many opinions from many people including agents. 

Cheers!!! 

8 minutes ago, Modasser Hossain said:

Hi Martina,

First of all congrats for getting the invitation from Vic as surgical nurse.

I am in the same situation like you were. I submitted my EOI from NSW with 55+5 back in April 2018 but from July 1st everything changed. It's very hard for me to accumulate points. 

Now I am in Tasmania and I have gained 1 yr experience and also 5 points. I am thinking to apply for 190 visa. I am just wondering, do I need to submit a new EOI for Tasmania as i am getting many opinions from many people including agents. 

Cheers!!! 

Hi! 

That way you'll still have only 60+5 but it might be sufficient for Tassie, I don't have a personal experience. I remember they were quite specific with their requirements for nurses so check that you fulfil all of these first. And yes I'd submit a new EOI as the previous one from April 2018 was only to NSW if I understand it correctly. 

Further, you might boost your score by providing superior English or NAATI. 

Good Luck x

4 minutes ago, Martina said:

Hi! 

That way you'll still have only 60+5 but it might be sufficient for Tassie, I don't have a personal experience. I remember they were quite specific with their requirements for nurses so check that you fulfil all of these first. And yes I'd submit a new EOI as the previous one from April 2018 was only to NSW if I understand it correctly. 

Further, you might boost your score by providing superior English or NAATI. 

Good Luck x

Hi Martina,

Thanks for your quick reply. Right now 60+5 is my points only. 

I have checked all other requirements for Tasmania and find myself fitted here. So thinking of submit EOI and thanks again for your advise.

Sincerely,

M

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Modasser Hossain said:

Hi Martina,

I have checked all other requirements for Tasmania and find myself fitted here. So thinking of submit EOI and thanks again for your advise.

Sincerely,

M

Hi Martina,

Sorry for asking and disturbing you again. Just wondering do I need to do my skill assesment again? Though last year after finishing my study I had done one RN Nec. 

Since I have now 1 yr experience in surgical that's why i am asking.

Sincerely,

M

6 hours ago, Modasser Hossain said:

Hi Martina,

Sorry for asking and disturbing you again. Just wondering do I need to do my skill assesment again? Though last year after finishing my study I had done one RN Nec. 

Since I have now 1 yr experience in surgical that's why i am asking.

Sincerely,

M

I *think* it depends on what are you wanting to be sponsored as? If you want to be sponsored as RN nec you probably wouldn't need to do a new skill assessment but if you want to be sponsored as surgical I'd say you'd need a new skill assessment? 

However, I'm not an expert so you might contact an immi lawyer to make sure or anmac. 

Regards 

On 02/07/2019 at 07:48, Modasser Hossain said:

Hi Martina,

Sincerely,

M

Hello Modasser,

Hope all is well. Do you mind sharing what kind of visa did you get initially for Tasmania? I also have 60+5 points and was thinking to apply for 190 or 489 visa for NSW, but I might consider Tasmania as an option.

Thank you!

15 hours ago, Nurse77 said:

Hello Modasser,

Hope all is well. Do you mind sharing what kind of visa did you get initially for Tasmania? I also have 60+5 points and was thinking to apply for 190 or 489 visa for NSW, but I might consider Tasmania as an option.

Thank you!

Hello,

You need more points if you apply for NSW.

For Tasmania, either you need to study or stay and work here full time on your nominated occupation for 6 months to eligible for 190.

Hi, Martina i want to know that from last year if any person wants to claim their overseas work experience  points then immigration ask for tax returns for years you worked in your country. But if person do not have tax returns for those years what they can provide to immigration?do u know anything about it ?thanks.

1 hour ago, Aman91 said:

Hi, Martina i want to know that from last year if any person wants to claim their overseas work experience  points then immigration ask for tax returns for years you worked in your country. But if person do not have tax returns for those years what they can provide to immigration?do u know anything about it ?thanks.

Hi Aman, 

It's true the immi will ask for tax returns together with other supporting documents. Tax returns are one of the more important along with contract and professional reference. You might submit plenty of other documents but they might still ask for the tax returns. Could you contact your tax office or your overseas job they might have the records? If not, I'd contact a migration agent who might be able to help you with this issue. 

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reply Martina actually i contacted overseas i can only cleared my last two years tax returns and for more past years i can make affidavit but not sure they will consider it or not And is there any other supporting documents related to tax returns you can refer me? 

Thanks 

Hi, hope you guys doing great!

I am currently holding 65 points and turning 25 next month so i'll be having 70 points from next month. So i was just wandering, is there  any chance of getting 189 (registered nurse- nec) on 70 points or not really? if not is there any other recommendations.

Thanks  heaps!

On 19/07/2019 at 09:22, Harmann said:

Hi, hope you guys doing great!

I am currently holding 65 points and turning 25 next month so i'll be having 70 points from next month. So i was just wandering, is there  any chance of getting 189 (registered nurse- nec) on 70 points or not really? if not is there any other recommendations.

Thanks  heaps!

Hi Harmann,

Just lodge your EOI if you haven't done it yet.

I know few nurses also waiting with 70 points for 189 but I suggest you to go for 190 from any state if you can fulfill their requirements.

Wish you all the best.

Cheers,