Nurses on 189, 190

Martina

On 03/05/2019 at 18:53, glpx said:

Hi guys 🙂

I've got a few questions regarding 190 visa. Before lodging this visa, does it mean you have to be staying at specific regional places (meaning you have to work 1 year at regional)?

Let's say I stay in Melbourne, finished my bachelor of nursing, apply for the 485 visa (Temporary graduate visa-2 years). And then I work as a nurse in Melbourne for 1 year. Later on I have 2 options- 189 visa or 190 visa?

What's the go from that? Can someone please explain as some of my agents have said multiple different things 😕

Thank you and appreciate your help 🙂

Hi there, 

If you get state sponsored (190) it comes with some conditions, like you have to live in the state that sponsored you for two years (Vic). You don't even have to work in your occupation which is crazy. Unless else specified, you can also live anywhere in Victoria. Check online with different states what are their conditions. Good luck! 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Is AHPRA registration necessary before applying for 190 visa? I have 65 points including state sponsorship and less than a year of nursing experience. I know that I can do the ANMAC assessment without being registered with AHPRA, but not sure if registration is required in order for state nomination to be approved. I am thinking of applying for 190 for NSW since they do not have a requirement for work experience. Your help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Nurse77 said:

Hello,

Is AHPRA registration necessary before applying for 190 visa? I have 65 points including state sponsorship and less than a year of nursing experience. I know that I can do the ANMAC assessment without being registered with AHPRA, but not sure if registration is required in order for state nomination to be approved. I am thinking of applying for 190 for NSW since they do not have a requirement for work experience. Your help is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks!

Hi there, 

First of all, NSW is probably your only shot as you have very little experience. Second, I'm pretty sure AHPRA registration is one of the requirements for 190. It's a very long process of getting it so start asap. Have you studied overseas? If so, you'll need ANMAC too. What nurse are you? With 65 (60+5) points it's probably going to be very long wait, can you boost your points? 

Cheers x

1 hour ago, Martina said:

Hi there, 

First of all, NSW is probably your only shot as you have very little experience. Second, I'm pretty sure AHPRA registration is one of the requirements for 190. It's a very long process of getting it so start asap. Have you studied overseas? If so, you'll need ANMAC too. What nurse are you? With 65 (60+5) points it's probably going to be very long wait, can you boost your points? 

Cheers x

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I was educated in the U.S. and have a bachelor's degree in nursing. I have already received my "in principle approval from AHPRA", but I will not be able to present in person by the given deadline due to some personal reasons. So I was thinking to apply to ANMAC for the modified plus assessment while my AHPRA letter is still valid and get that out of the way. I am just not sure if NSW is going to ask for AHPRA registration in case I get an invite, or positive skill assessment would be enough. Anybody here who applied for NSW nomination with similar experience?

I work at a Clinic for Asthma and Allergy, so I was thinking to apply as a registered nurse nec, or registered nurse (primary health care). Did you guys apply on your own or through an agent? The process can be complex and I know the fees are high, but do you recommend using a MARA agent?

I am sure by the time the ANMAC assessment is done, I will have at least 1 year of experience and maybe qualify for another state nomination like Northern Territory. 

I know 65 points is not a good score, but I already got 20 for English, and I cannot get any points for work experience and definitely do not want to wait another 2.5 years to get additional 5 points for work experience. 

Anybody here who got approved for state nomination with minimum points?

Thank you for your feedback.

26 minutes ago, Nurse77 said:

Hi,

Thank you for your response. I was educated in the U.S. and have a bachelor's degree in nursing. I have already received my "in principle approval from AHPRA", but I will not be able to present in person by the given deadline due to some personal reasons. So I was thinking to apply to ANMAC for the modified plus assessment while my AHPRA letter is still valid and get that out of the way. I am just not sure if NSW is going to ask for AHPRA registration in case I get an invite, or positive skill assessment would be enough. Anybody here who applied for NSW nomination with similar experience?

I work at a Clinic for Asthma and Allergy, so I was thinking to apply as a registered nurse nec, or registered nurse (primary health care). Did you guys apply on your own or through an agent? The process can be complex and I know the fees are high, but do you recommend using a MARA agent?

I am sure by the time the ANMAC assessment is done, I will have at least 1 year of experience and maybe qualify for another state nomination like Northern Territory. 

I know 65 points is not a good score, but I already got 20 for English, and I cannot get any points for work experience and definitely do not want to wait another 2.5 years to get additional 5 points for work experience. 

Anybody here who got approved for state nomination with minimum points?

Thank you for your feedback.

Oh OK! I don't really know how the registration in principle works I just finalised my registration and anmac while I was living in Australia. Maybe someone else can advise? 

I understand your points situation, I was just trying to suggest to move things asap as there might be change in minimal points required soon and everything takes so much time (even anmac was 6 weeks). 

I've done the whole process (4 years) by myself as any MARA agent couldn't help me and some even gave me wrong advice. It was hard at times, but I finalised everything in the end. 

I know from other forums that nec nurses wait really long time for an invite and NSW specifically takes highest pointers first. 

Good luck Hun x

I've read on here recently that someone didn't have registration (for the 190) and they got invited, but as they didn't have registration and they were then refused.

The registration is principle is that AHPRA have checked all your documents and deemed that you can be registered, you then have to present in order to finalise the registration in 90 days.

You will need to check with ANMAC if you can get a modified assessment whilst still 'in principle' and not actually on the register.  You may also find it difficult to be offered a job without actually appearing on the register.

8 hours ago, Martina said:

Oh OK! I don't really know how the registration in principle works I just finalised my registration and anmac while I was living in Australia. Maybe someone else can advise? 

I understand your points situation, I was just trying to suggest to move things asap as there might be change in minimal points required soon and everything takes so much time (even anmac was 6 weeks). 

I've done the whole process (4 years) by myself as any MARA agent couldn't help me and some even gave me wrong advice. It was hard at times, but I finalised everything in the end. 

I know from other forums that nec nurses wait really long time for an invite and NSW specifically takes highest pointers first. 

Good luck Hun x

Hi again,

thanks so much for the info...I know the wait will be super long, but at this point I cannot do anything to  increase my points...unless I go for my Masters in regional Australia for 2 years and gain 10 extra points (and maybe some points for work experience while I am there}. That's gonna be super expensive, that's why I think to at least try for a state nomination.

By the way, did you obtain you BSN overseas? Which country, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for your help again, I will keep you posted.

3 hours ago, ali said:

I've read on here recently that someone didn't have registration (for the 190) and they got invited, but as they didn't have registration and they were then refused.

The registration is principle is that AHPRA have checked all your documents and deemed that you can be registered, you then have to present in order to finalise the registration in 90 days.

You will need to check with ANMAC if you can get a modified assessment whilst still 'in principle' and not actually on the register.  You may also find it difficult to be offered a job without actually appearing on the register.

Thank you for your reply...I know it is not going to be easy:(

Dont ignore the "in principle registration with AHPRA. Whatever the personal circumstances are.. you are better off working around them and ensure ypu are registered.... i.e. fly into any of thw Oz cities and present in person so that your registration is completed. 

You wont be able to work without it

On 03/05/2019 at 21:53, glpx said:

Hi guys 🙂

I've got a few questions regarding 190 visa. Before lodging this visa, does it mean you have to be staying at specific regional places (meaning you have to work 1 year at regional)?

Let's say I stay in Melbourne, finished my bachelor of nursing, apply for the 485 visa (Temporary graduate visa-2 years). And then I work as a nurse in Melbourne for 1 year. Later on I have 2 options- 189 visa or 190 visa?

What's the go from that? Can someone please explain as some of my agents have said multiple different things 😕

Thank you and appreciate your help 🙂

I think agents are best placed for this one as this is  new one to me as well.

What you will fond is most people om here have applied for visas "off-shore" and as a once off. Your situation sounds more unique than most of the unique off-shore questions.... I would encourage you to go with the proffessionals on this and not random strangers online  who have no experience in this.

All the best 🙂

13 hours ago, Nurse77 said:

Hi again,

thanks so much for the info...I know the wait will be super long, but at this point I cannot do anything to  increase my points...unless I go for my Masters in regional Australia for 2 years and gain 10 extra points (and maybe some points for work experience while I am there}. That's gonna be super expensive, that's why I think to at least try for a state nomination.

By the way, did you obtain you BSN overseas? Which country, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for your help again, I will keep you posted.

I submitted my EOI to NSW too (65+5) and haven't heard anything since February. I'm not an immi lawyer but think that it's almost impossible with your points to get the invite, especially from NSW. If you can study in regional Australia and gain more points, I'd go for it. 

I do have my bachelor from overseas (Czech Republic) and had to go through bridging program in order to get registered in Australia. 

On 09/03/2019 at 02:36, Rifka said:

Hi Martina, 

Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah I've applied for the 190. I've 65 +5 from state sponsorship. That's the max I can achieve points wise, between work experience and I managed to get 20 points for superior english. I hope I don't have to wait a year for an invite !! Even if I get invited, the process after invite for Victoria takes at least 12 weeks, and that's before you even submit your documentation to the Government! 

I'm going on my own so it doesn't have to be Victoria, however Melbourne sounds like a cool city. I'm also interested in Rural and Remote nursing. Maybe if I hear nothing I could apply to another state. Not sure which, if any are particularly short on Mental Health Nurses at the moment. 

Victoria does have a relative shortage of Mental Health nurses...

You could also enjoy the best of both worlds... I work a few minutes drive from the CBD... yet I'm also 5minutes drive from the start of regional area...

(I'm a Mental Health Nurse)

31 minutes ago, Martina said:

I submitted my EOI to NSW too (65+5) and haven't heard anything since February. I'm not an immi lawyer but think that it's almost impossible with your points to get the invite, especially from NSW. If you can study in regional Australia and gain more points, I'd go for it. 

I do have my bachelor from overseas (Czech Republic) and had to go through bridging program in order to get registered in Australia. 

Thanks for the advice:)

• Thanks 1

On 24/02/2019 at 22:53, Martina said:

Hey y'all, 

I just want to give you heads up that I've been invited to VIC just AFTER THREE DAYS SINCE LODGING THE EOI! It's unbelievable that it was that quick! 

Hello again,

I do have a few more questions:

1. what is the most reliable resource for an accurate description of the ANZSCO code? I have a difficult time deciding on mine, whether to use RN nec or RN medical practice for working at Asthma and allergy clinic.

2. Is there a way to do international criminal background check for other countries while in Australia, or you have to go back to your country and do one?

3. My alternative option is to go for my Master of Science in Nursing in Australia for some extra points, however, my concern is whether this will be recognized for extra points since I will be already registered with AHPRA and be qualified to work as a registered nurse..Anybody here with similar experience?

Thank you all,

Kate

3 hours ago, Nurse77 said:

Hello again,

I do have a few more questions:

1. what is the most reliable resource for an accurate description of the ANZSCO code? I have a difficult time deciding on mine, whether to use RN nec or RN medical practice for working at Asthma and allergy clinic.

2. Is there a way to do international criminal background check for other countries while in Australia, or you have to go back to your country and do one?

3. My alternative option is to go for my Master of Science in Nursing in Australia for some extra points, however, my concern is whether this will be recognized for extra points since I will be already registered with AHPRA and be qualified to work as a registered nurse..Anybody here with similar experience?

Thank you all,

Kate

Hi Kate, 

Ad 1, I think the ANZSCO code should mirror the field you've worked the most during your carrier and of course you have to provide a professional reference letter from the hospital. With me it was easy, I only worked in surgery. 

Ad 2, you can get your international clearance from your home country without travelling back there. At least that is true in the most cases. It will just take longer for the document to arrive internationally if sent by post. 

Ad 3, The fact that you'll be RN with AHPRA at that time would be ok as it is one of the main requirements for 190/189. There are lot of people who do it this way and are able to claim the points for their masters I don't see a reason why you couldn't do it too. 

Hope this helps x

Martina 

5 hours ago, Martina said:

Hi Kate, 

Ad 1, I think the ANZSCO code should mirror the field you've worked the most during your carrier and of course you have to provide a professional reference letter from the hospital. With me it was easy, I only worked in surgery. 

Ad 2, you can get your international clearance from your home country without travelling back there. At least that is true in the most cases. It will just take longer for the document to arrive internationally if sent by post. 

Ad 3, The fact that you'll be RN with AHPRA at that time would be ok as it is one of the main requirements for 190/189. There are lot of people who do it this way and are able to claim the points for their masters I don't see a reason why you couldn't do it too. 

Hope this helps x

Martina 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! I need some help regarding the format of CV. It has taken me weeks to figure out what to put in my CV..

Can you please share or send me a copy of your sample CV as well?

if there is someone generous.. This would be much appreciated! Thanks a lot! 🙂

On 20/02/2019 at 19:00, Martina said:

Hi everyone, 

I've just submitted my EOI. I have 65 points (Registered Nurse, Surgical) and was aiming mainly for 189 but realised I may be waiting for long time so submitted for 190 (NSW) as well. Does anyone have an idea how long would be the waiting process? Do I have better chances with 190? Any recent experiences? 

Thank you!! 🙏

Dear Martina, 

I hope u r well. 

I am looking help to build the format according to anmac for skill assessment. 

Would u pls help me out 

I am surgical nurse in Philippines 

5 hours ago, Ash786 said:

Dear Martina, 

I hope u r well. 

I am looking help to build the format according to anmac for skill assessment. 

Would u pls help me out 

I am surgical nurse in Philippines 

Hi Ash, 

Which format or what specifically do you need help with? 

5 hours ago, Martina said:

Hi Ash, 

Which format or what specifically do you need help with? 

Hi Martina, 

I need an assistant to build the professional references for anmac skill assessment 

Edited by Ash786

5 hours ago, Ash786 said:

Hi Martina, 

I need an assistant to build the professional references for anmac skill assessment 

Hi Ash, 

Everything is on anmac website however there's no specific template. Make sure that the reference is from the Chief nurse and very detailed. It should include:

- your role description and your anzsco code

- full time or part time position / how many hours a week you worked, how many hours in total did you work there and how long were the shifts

- description of the ward you worked at. Was it acute? Medical or surgical? What were the common diagnosis? 

- specifically what did you do on daily basis. Make sure that everything is covered from hygiene to meds administration so they have an idea what was the daily routine. 

The document should be signed, stamped and on original paper with the letterhead. 

Hope this helps, 

Martina 

On 16/06/2019 at 04:09, Martina said:

Hi Ash, 

Everything is on anmac website however there's no specific template. Make sure that the reference is from the Chief nurse and very detailed. It should include:

- full time or part time position / how many hours a week you worked, how many hours in total did you work there and how long were the shifts

- description of the ward you worked at. Was it acute? Medical or surgical? What were the common diagnosis? 

- specifically what did you do on daily basis. Make sure that everything is covered from hygiene to meds administration so they have an idea what was the daily routine. 

The document should be signed, stamped and on original paper with the letterhead. 

Hope this helps, 

Martina 

Ok. Thank you for your response.

On 16/06/2019 at 04:09, Martina said:

Hi Ash, 

Hope this helps, 

Martina 

Hi Martina, 

I am just preparing the rough template of professional refrences. 

Would you mind to have a look before I get that printed on official letter head ? 

Just to make sure everything is alright or in case require some changes.

I can send u on ur email.

1 hour ago, Ash786 said:

Hi Martina, 

I am just preparing the rough template of professional refrences. 

Would you mind to have a look before I get that printed on official letter head ? 

Just to make sure everything is alright or in case require some changes.

I can send u on ur email.

Hi Ash, 

I'm not a professional who can judge if it's all good. I've given you all the info you needed and I'm sure if you do your best it will be sufficient 😊

Best of luck x

24 minutes ago, Martina said:

Hi Ash, 

I'm not a professional who can judge if it's all good. I've given you all the info you needed and I'm sure if you do your best it will be sufficient 😊

Best of luck x

Hi Martina, 

No worries.

I have made it overall except examples of competence in carrying out nursing work.

Can u pls help me how to describe this ?

As u were also worked in surgical.

Thank you