Nurses on 189, 190

Martina

On 26/02/2020 at 00:21, BellaB said:

Hello Guys ,

I already had my ANMAC assessment done last year  in March as I am a US nurse , it was pretty easy . The AHPRA process was started in December but there was a delay from one of the board of nursing with sending my COGS.. I have two EOI , one in VIC and one in Qsld .. so I spoke with them and they mailed the last COGS 2 weeks ago .. don’t know if the can finalize for me in the next two weeks .. otherwise I might need to not accept the pre-invite and wait .. I’m not sure how long it will take again ..

Hello,

Good luck on receiving a pre-invite from Victoria. I am also a registered nurse in the U.S., done my ANMAC assessment last year, but I only have 1.5 year of nursing experience. Hopefully, Victoria will keep the same requirements and I will be able to apply after 6 months....although my score is not as high as yours...

Keep us posted regarding the AHPRA outcome....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

it's so lovely to see all the queries, answers and positive vibes too. 

I do have some queries too, if anyone can help me out.

I'm a registered nurse in UK for the last 14 years. I've also done the AHPRA registration recently, last year.

I've submitted EOI with 75 points including state nomination points for Regional Queensland, 491 visa on 23 February 2020. Does anyone have any idea which visa or which place is the best or appropriate for getting early invitation. I'm so much confused here.

Thank you

15 hours ago, Dipi said:

Hi guys, 

it's so lovely to see all the queries, answers and positive vibes too. 

I do have some queries too, if anyone can help me out.

I'm a registered nurse in UK for the last 14 years. I've also done the AHPRA registration recently, last year.

I've submitted EOI with 75 points including state nomination points for Regional Queensland, 491 visa on 23 February 2020. Does anyone have any idea which visa or which place is the best or appropriate for getting early invitation. I'm so much confused here.

Thank you

BSMQ PROCESSING UPDATE 25 MARCH 2020

• BSMQ has now temporarily closed OFFSHORE processing for subclass 491 due to COVID-19 crisis and the closure of Queensland’s borders on Wednesday 25 March 2020.
  • BSMQ will inform applicants via the BSMQ website and social media pages when OFFSHORE processing recommences.
  • BSMQ is open to nominations for ONSHORE subclass 491 applicants who continue to meet Queensland state nomination criteria.

Copy from BSMQ websites , they processing onshore application only for now

Maybe you should try Tasmania 491 Category 3A - Overseas Applicant  , as they priorities high demand occupations's application due to Covid-19 (all the nurse ANZSCO code listed inside the Tasmanian Skilled Occupations List)

https://www.migration.tas.gov.au/news/subclass_491_category_3a_-_subclass_491_category_3a_-_overseas_applicant_restrictions
Edited by tr1angel

Hi

I have graduated from Bachelors of Nursing in Dec 2019. I have Superior English. I currently have 75 points of my own. I have already lodged EOI on 04/03/2020 for 189 and 190 for Victoria.. I hold dual registration as an RN and EEN. Currently working as a casual RN/EEN for a couple of nursing agency as I did not get into a graduate program. 

Can you please advice me If I should lodge an application at Live in Melbourne too because I saw that I don't need to lodge an application as they will pick from skill select. And should I mention about my current employment as a casual nurse?

Thanks

Deepak

Advanced issues found

🙌
Just now, deepaknurse said:

Hi

I have graduated from Bachelors of Nursing in Dec 2019 from Victoria Uni, Melbourne. I have Superior English. I currently have 75 points of my own. I have already lodged EOI on 04/03/2020 for 189 and 190 for Victoria. I hold dual registration as an RN and EEN. Currently working as a casual RN/EEN for a couple of nursing agency as I did not get into a graduate program. 

Can you please advice me If I should lodge an application at Live in Melbourne too because I saw that I don't need to lodge an application as they will pick from skill select. And should I mention about my current employment as a casual nurse?

Thanks

Deepak

13 minutes ago, deepaknurse said:

Hi

I have graduated from Bachelors of Nursing in Dec 2019. I have Superior English. I currently have 75 points of my own. I have already lodged EOI on 04/03/2020 for 189 and 190 for Victoria.. I hold dual registration as an RN and EEN. Currently working as a casual RN/EEN for a couple of nursing agency as I did not get into a graduate program. 

Thanks

Deepak

If you are eligible for recent graduate pathway, you can directly lodge your application at live in Melbourne website after filing your 190 EOI in skill select. You don't have to wait for a pre-invite in that case. 

On 29/02/2020 at 18:00, Nurse77 said:

Hello,

Good luck on receiving a pre-invite from Victoria. I am also a registered nurse in the U.S., done my ANMAC assessment last year, but I only have 1.5 year of nursing experience. Hopefully, Victoria will keep the same requirements and I will be able to apply after 6 months....although my score is not as high as yours...

Keep us posted regarding the AHPRA outcome....

So .. I’m happy to announce that I’ve got my nomination for Victoria .. glory be to God 

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2020 at 02:24, BellaB said:

So .. I’m happy to announce that I’ve got my nomination for Victoria .. glory be to God 

Hello and congratulations!!!

Were you able to apply for Victoria nomination without the AHPRA in-principle approval?

49 minutes ago, Nurse77 said:

Were you able to apply for Victoria nomination without the AHPRA in-principle approval?

They won't stop you applying without in-principle approval.   However, if you get invited, they may give you only a month to get it - which is impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone 

I am going to apply to ANMAC for overseas B.Sc Nursing degree assessment. I want to know how many minimum hours are required to claim 5 points for Australian RN experience. I am in doubt whether one year full time equaliant hours are required or minimum 20 hours per week? Need genuine advise from those who have gone through this process. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, KaurSandeep said:

Hello everyone 

I am going to apply to ANMAC for overseas B.Sc Nursing degree assessment. I want to know how many minimum hours are required to claim 5 points for Australian RN experience. I am in doubt whether one year full time equaliant hours are required or minimum 20 hours per week? Need genuine advise from those who have gone through this process. Thanks in advance.

As far as I'm concerned in order to claim 5 points for experience you'd have to prove 3 years of full time work as an RN.

On 09/04/2020 at 19:29, Nurse77 said:

Hi,

I did , in my case I knew it will be approved soon so I called and emailed them as well .. they said they understood since a lot of nurses go through this issue . Just make sure you are definitely going to get approval in-principle . Give it a try . Good luck 

On 18/04/2020 at 20:28, KaurSandeep said:

Hello everyone 

Hi Martina

Thanks for your response. Yes I am aware that for overseas exp we need 3 yrs experience to claim 5 points but here my question is about Australian experience as a Registered Nurse. Do you need any specific number of working hours in Australia to claim 5 points for exp? 

Thanks 

1 hour ago, KaurSandeep said:

Hi Martina

Thanks for your response. Yes I am aware that for overseas exp we need 3 yrs experience to claim 5 points but here my question is about Australian experience as a Registered Nurse. Do you need any specific number of working hours in Australia to claim 5 points for exp? 

Thanks 

I'd say it would be the same, full time - that's 38 hours a week. 

On 01/04/2020 at 02:24, BellaB said:

On 18/04/2020 at 15:27, BellaB said:

Hi,

I did , in my case I knew it will be approved soon so I called and emailed them as well .. they said they understood since a lot of nurses go through this issue . Just make sure you are definitely going to get approval in-principle . Give it a try . Good luck 

Did they give you a specific time frame?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, poopoo said:

Hi everyone,

May I know after receiving VIC 190 pre-invite, how long usually do I need to wait for the approved State invitation? 

Thanks a lot!  

You can find this information on their website, I think it's a matter of couple of weeks and very individual.

Finally got Vic 190 invitations!! 
Thanks all for your tips and experience! 

Filling in the visa application right now but don’t know what to upload for the attachment of “Character history”. 

Do I need to go to local authority to apply the documents or just like other said wait until Australian government request for the documents? 

stuck at there... 

On 10/04/2020 at 10:19, Marisawright said:

Hello everyone, 
I need help to find job of Registered Nurse in Victoria. Just wanted to ask  if anyone works in an Aged care facility in Victoria or knows anyone else who can help me in getting job of RN there,  it will be great help. Any recommendations related to this will be appreciated🙏. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Submitted Visa 190 application and read online that the current Visa190 processing time is 5-6 months. 

Does anyone know or recall that how long have you waited until case officer open your case? (i.e. from visa application “received” to case officer assigned) 

thanks in advance. 

9 hours ago, poopoo said:

Hi

Submitted Visa 190 application and read online that the current Visa190 processing time is 5-6 months. 

Does anyone know or recall that how long have you waited until case officer open your case? (i.e. from visa application “received” to case officer assigned) 

thanks in advance. 

I've waited 6 months for a first contact and it was a direct grant. But that was last year when the processing time was 10-11 months. 

Hi everyone,

I'm new in this forum, i would like to ask my wife is planning to start nursing studies.

I don't know this about nursing.

Can you please guide me, what are the courses durations and fees, and which will be best course for her, she did master in business administration earlier but wants to change her career here.

And later on, we're planning to apply 190, we're on 457 visa but haven't got my residency yet.

So what are the best options for us.

We live in NSW.

Thanks in advance.