Nurses on 189, 190

Martina

Hi everyone, 

I've just submitted my EOI. I have 65 points (Registered Nurse, Surgical) and was aiming mainly for 189 but realised I may be waiting for long time so submitted for 190 (NSW) as well. Does anyone have an idea how long would be the waiting process? Do I have better chances with 190? Any recent experiences? 

Thank you!! 🙏

From personal experience you will have a long wait for an invite with NSW at 65 points. NSW invites people with the highest points first. 

I changed my mind and applied to South Australia and was successful (65+5 points). They assess each application in the order it is received. 

I don't think I can go to SA, they want 5 years of experience don't they? I already have superior English (30 for age 15 for degree 20 for English). Unfortunately I have 2 years and 50 weeks of experience according to Anmac so I can't claim the 5 points for it. I always wanted to apply for 189 however, now it's clear I might have bigger chance with going for 190 (65+5) but I can't find any statistics online how often they invite for state sponsorship with 70 🤔

On one site Iscah predicts that 65 points non pro rata will not get an invite before Feb 2020 for the 189 visa. I was in a similar position, but I have 7 years experience. 

I figured my best bet was a 190 visa, so that's what I applied for. My only way to increase my points at that point was with work experience and I didn't want to wait unit I had 8 years.

http://www.iscah.com/will-get-189-invite-february-estimates-iscah/

Edited by Jenki75

Thank you Jenki75, 

I actually have over 5 years of experience but ANMAC recognised only the 2.9 years (after degree) which sucks to be honest! 

I found it so strange that there is no info about 190 processing times and invites. 

I'm thinking about lodging my application with Victoria as well. Do you know if I have to create a new EOI for that? 

1 hour ago, Martina said:

I don't think I can go to SA, they want 5 years of experience don't they? I already have superior English (30 for age 15 for degree 20 for English). Unfortunately I have 2 years and 50 weeks of experience according to Anmac so I can't claim the 5 points for it. I always wanted to apply for 189 however, now it's clear I might have bigger chance with going for 190 (65+5) but I can't find any statistics online how often they invite for state sponsorship with 70 🤔

Are you currently working in your nominated occupation? Two weeks away from 3 years of experience. Surely you would have a good chance with NSW with 70+5.

If they start increasing the number of 189 invitations at the start of the new financial year, then you may even be able to get a 189 come August with 70 points.

26 minutes ago, CivCdn said:

Are you currently working in your nominated occupation? Two weeks away from 3 years of experience. Surely you would have a good chance with NSW with 70+5.

If they start increasing the number of 189 invitations at the start of the new financial year, then you may even be able to get a 189 come August with 70 points.

I'm not, unfortunately I had to leave Australia as my student visa expired. I'm currently overseas in Asia. I was thinking going back home to Czech Republic and get an RN job for a few months but I'm a bit worried what ANMAC would say to that if I wanted to ad this experience to the one they've already recognised... Another option would be go back to Oz on Work and Holiday visa and find an RN job while waiting for the 190 to be processed. I guess I just didn't realise it's such a lengthy process, it took me 4 years to get to this point. 

Another option would be go back to Oz on Work and Holiday visa and find an RN job while waiting for the 190 to be processed. I guess I just didn't realise it's such a lengthy process, it took me 4 years to get to this point. 

So, you have never had a Working Holiday Visa before?   If not, and you're still within the eligible age range, then surely it would be the obvious solution.  It would give you a full year of extra experience

23 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

So, you have never had a Working Holiday Visa before?   If not, and you're still within the eligible age range, then surely it would be the obvious solution.  It would give you a full year of extra experience

It's not a working holiday visa but work and holiday it's a bit different. I am within the age range till May so I might go for that. I would be able to work for one employer for 6 months only so I would probably use it more for finding a sponsor or working till I get 190...

Edited by Martina

14 minutes ago, Jenki75 said:

I would have a chat to an agent and see what your best course of action would be.

Yeah I've already talked to two. The thing is, no one is able to give me any info about how long would I wait for 190. And if it's even possible to get 190 with 70 points. I basically said bye to 189 at this point. 

It's not a working holiday visa but work and holiday it's a bit different. I am within the age range till May so I might go for that. I would be able to work for one employer for 6 months only so I would probably use it more for finding a sponsor or working till I get 190...

I had to look it up, so I learned something.   If you're British , you get a "Working Holiday Visa" (417)  whereas a few other countries get a "Work and Holiday Visa" (462)  instead.  There seems to be very little difference between them.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CivCdn said:

The work and holiday visa does sound like a good way to go if you want to wait for 189 or 190 NSW. Don't see why you would not get a Victoria nomination if you meet all the requirements (2 yrs work exp.) though. 

I'll apply for that. Do you think I'd get invited from VIC given the fact that I meet the requirements? I mean it looks like that on the Web but I don't want to spend six months - year waiting for something to happen 🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I recently submitted an EOI, and waiting on a pre-invite from Victoria. How long does an invite typically take? 

I'm a mental health nurse with 70 points. 

Thanks for your help. 

Rebecca 

On 05/03/2019 at 23:07, Rifka said:

Hi,

I recently submitted an EOI, and waiting on a pre-invite from Victoria. How long does an invite typically take? 

I'm a mental health nurse with 70 points. 

Thanks for your help. 

Rebecca 

Hi Rebecca, 

Do you want 190? Meaning you have 65+5 points? If so, no one will tell you how long are you going to wait for the invite. I've heard months to a full year. They generally advise to boost your score to at least 70. Also, I think it depends on your anzco and what are the current shortages in the state. I personally was freaking out about how long it might take but got invited after just three days. I'm surgical though. 

Hi Martina, 

Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah I've applied for the 190. I've 65 +5 from state sponsorship. That's the max I can achieve points wise, between work experience and I managed to get 20 points for superior english. I hope I don't have to wait a year for an invite !! Even if I get invited, the process after invite for Victoria takes at least 12 weeks, and that's before you even submit your documentation to the Government! 

I'm going on my own so it doesn't have to be Victoria, however Melbourne sounds like a cool city. I'm also interested in Rural and Remote nursing. Maybe if I hear nothing I could apply to another state. Not sure which, if any are particularly short on Mental Health Nurses at the moment. 

• 1 month later...

Hi guys :)

I've got a few questions regarding 190 visa. Before lodging this visa, does it mean you have to be staying at specific regional places (meaning you have to work 1 year at regional)?

Let's say I stay in Melbourne, finished my bachelor of nursing, apply for the 485 visa (Temporary graduate visa-2 years). And then I work as a nurse in Melbourne for 1 year. Later on I have 2 options- 189 visa or 190 visa?

What's the go from that? Can someone please explain as some of my agents have said multiple different things :/

Thank you and appreciate your help :)