Conditions of BVA visa when moving from 417 to 820

MorganHarris96

Hi Guys,

I am currently on 417 Working Holiday Visa, I am just about to take the plunge and apply/pay for the 820/801 De Facto Visa. I am seeing some contradicting statements around the conditions of the BVA Bridging Visa. My questions are:

1.      Once my Working Holiday has expired in September, and my BVA starts – will I have full unrestricted working rights such as the 820 would grant me or will the conditions of the 417 visa transfer i.e. only being able to work with one employer for 6 months at a time?

2.      Once you have paid for the visa, do you receive your BVA instantly (even though it does not come into effect until my 417 expires) or is when my current visa ends that I receive this?

Appreciate the thoughts or stories of anyone who has been through a similar situations

Cheers :-)

4 hours ago, MorganHarris96 said:

Hi Guys,

I am currently on 417 Working Holiday Visa, I am just about to take the plunge and apply/pay for the 820/801 De Facto Visa. I am seeing some contradicting statements around the conditions of the BVA Bridging Visa. My questions are:

1.      Once my Working Holiday has expired in September, and my BVA starts – will I have full unrestricted working rights such as the 820 would grant me or will the conditions of the 417 visa transfer i.e. only being able to work with one employer for 6 months at a time?

2.      Once you have paid for the visa, do you receive your BVA instantly (even though it does not come into effect until my 417 expires) or is when my current visa ends that I receive this?

Appreciate the thoughts or stories of anyone who has been through a similar situations

Cheers 🙂

As above:

1. Yes, unrestricted - partner application BVs have nil conditions.

2. Usually instantly.

Edited by paulhand
  • Like 2