You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Dotty Wood

Partners occupation is listed on skilled list..

Hey all, I posted before, my partners occupation is listed on the skilled Visa list (registered nurse -aged care) she also has an NVQ 3 qualification and has been working in the profession for 4 years.

Am I able to go with my partner on her Visa or do I need to obtain a skill over here in the UK.

Cheers.

Only one person can apply for the visa.  Then  the husband or wife and children get included as their dependents.

So yes, she should apply for the visa and you go along for the ride.  She needs to check whether she can get enough points. Probably best to hire a good migration agent to help you through the process.  It's pretty complicated these days.

Edited by Marisawright

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 18/02/2019 at 09:20, Dotty Wood said:

Hey all, I posted before, my partners occupation is listed on the skilled Visa list (registered nurse -aged care) she also has an NVQ 3 qualification and has been working in the profession for 4 years.

Am I able to go with my partner on her Visa or do I need to obtain a skill over here in the UK.

Cheers.

She will need to be degree trained as a nurse and to claim points for the 4 years experience will have to be post degree.

Due to escalating bills and budgetary cuts in the NHS, unfortunately, the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be switched off.