simmo

How is Megan doing so far?

7 hours ago, Toots said:

Harry isn't much better.  He's turned into a proper woke.  They deserve each other.

I know! What's all this caring about injured service men stuff? What was wrong with just letting them be homeless after serving their country? Bloody do gooder.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!

6 hours ago, Parley said:

Given Andrew's problems. Harry is ok by comparison.

He could comeback.

If their marriage ended, he could easily come back and I think people would welcome him. Many would be saying poor Harry, she got her claws into him and made him do bad things etc.  If that happened,  I wonder where the child would reside. The appear happy together though so probably not an issue. It was such a shock to many that a member of the royal family left but when you strip it down, he simply emigrated with his family like so many people do. 

• Like 3

I think Prince Harry was born into an extremely dysfunctional family (just like many others)

The loss of his beloved Mother at a young age has psychological damage (just like many others) 

The privilege and responsibility that is bestowed upon him are a tricky mix. I feel for him. 

He's clearly found his match in Meghan and continues to grow and mature. I think they're damned if they do and damned if they don't. The vitriol and hate she's had thrown her way is shameful but not exactly unexpected. 

I think we are a very judgemental people at the end of the day. Makes me really sad to see their clearly articulated suffering dismissed and ridiculed. If people say they're psychologically suffering...believe them and act accordingly. They're human beings for heavens sake.  Regardless of their heritage. 

I'm all for a Republic.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Agree about the republic in Australia- Britain can keep their royals because it is good for tourism. As for Meghan, I don't warm to her but then I have never met her and am never likely to so it doesn't matter.  Good luck to them, hope they both disappear from the public view but I doubt it, I think they secretly love the publicity.

They are making millions a year, they are doing very well 

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

8 hours ago, Perthbum said:

They are making millions a year, they are doing very well 

Prince Charles has had to dig them out.

• Like 1

Prince Charles has had to dig them out. For their security costs.  But they still have to pay back the renovation cost for frogmore cottage and the£35,000 a month mortgage.

I wonder what the carbon footprint is on the new gaff🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, simmo said:

Prince Charles has had to dig them out. For their security costs.  But they still have to pay back the renovation cost for frogmore cottage and the£35,000 a month mortgage.

I wonder what the carbon footprint is on the new gaff🤔

Is that in the daily fail 😂 

Edited by Perthbum

6 hours ago, Perthbum said:

Is that in the daily fail 😂 

DYOR

• Like 1

The couple are worth 30 million 

7 hours ago, Perthbum said:

The couple are worth 30 million 

And Jeff Bezos is worth more than the GDP of Africa but no one is the least bit interested in him or his influence on the world economy, but the progeny of some dysfunctional Ruritanian Royal family has hundreds of pages of print dedicated to dissecting their every bowel movement

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

And Jeff Bezos is worth more than the GDP of Africa but no one is the least bit interested in him or his influence on the world economy, but the progeny of some dysfunctional Ruritanian Royal family has hundreds of pages of print dedicated to dissecting their every bowel movement

I like Harry he has done a lot for wounded military personal and the people he has served with have said he is a brilliant caring peron.

• Like 2

On 16/08/2020 at 21:03, starlight7 said:

Agree about the republic in Australia- Britain can keep their royals because it is good for tourism. As for Meghan, I don't warm to her but then I have never met her and am never likely to so it doesn't matter.  Good luck to them, hope they both disappear from the public view but I doubt it, I think they secretly love the publicity.

I'm totally against a Republic. I've done a lot of work for the forces here and there are as many, if not more pictures of the Queen around all forces offices as the UK. 

When any of the Royal Family comes here people love them and turn out in their thousands. The Royal family seem to enjoy their visits here too and seemmore relaxed then they do at home.

There's been a couple of referendums while we've been here and been knocked back by big margins. I hope the people that are pushing for a Republic have a long wait.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

There are people interested enough to make documentaries about him and Amazon and his influence.

On 25/07/2020 at 22:53, simmo said:

Really?emoji849.png20200725_155129.jpeg

Plenty of time for Harry and most of the Royal Family. I'm sure they'll be OK and he probably feels a lot less pressure where he is.

Maybe he'll have a more "normal" life there. Wouldn't swap him for mine though.

8 hours ago, Perthbum said:

I like Harry he has done a lot for wounded military personal and the people he has served with have said he is a brilliant caring peron.

Yes I think (and what do I really know) he is a very sensitive bloke and a caring person.  I think Meghan probably is a caring person too.  Life outside the confines of the royal family will likely be more comfortable for them both.  All this of course, and hints of the two brothers falling out, is fuel for the drooling media and those odd people who make a living out of being "royal correspondents".  Unfortunately both Meghan and Harry just seem to rub many people up the wrong way.  After me saying they are both caring people, that doesn't stop them both from getting on my nerves a bit.  😐

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Toots said:

Yes I think (and what do I really know) he is a very sensitive bloke and a caring person.  I think Meghan probably is a caring person too.  Life outside the confines of the royal family will likely be more comfortable for them both.  All this of course, and hints of the two brothers falling out, is fuel for the drooling media and those odd people who make a living out of being "royal correspondents".  Unfortunately both Meghan and Harry just seem to rub many people up the wrong way.  After me saying they are both caring people, that doesn't stop them both from getting on my nerves a bit.  😐

The papers still call them duke and duchess of Sussex so they are not really treated as outside the Royal Family.

I want it all, and I want it now.

Has anyone else noticed that in every recent photo of the pair, Meghan is looking full face, eyes wide open camera pose in clear focus, while every photo of call me Harry is fuzzy and his eyes look half shut. I wonder who vets the photos that are published? Also I wish he would ditch the shabby polo shirt he wears in many photos. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Parley said:

The papers still call them duke and duchess of Sussex so they are not really treated as outside the Royal Family.

What I meant was they are living in another country.  The aren't living in Kensington Palace or that big house they had renovated near Windsor Castle.  Yes they are still the Duke and Duchess of Sussex but they are more or less free to live their lives away from the courtiers and advisers etc they were probably surrounded with when they lived as close members of the royal family.

1 hour ago, ramot said:

Has anyone else noticed that in every recent photo of the pair, Meghan is looking full face, eyes wide open camera pose in clear focus, while every photo of call me Harry is fuzzy and his eyes look half shut. I wonder who vets the photos that are published? Also I wish he would ditch the shabby polo shirt he wears in many photos. 

I suppose he feels he can wear what he likes and feels comfy in whilst in isolation.  He always looks hungover to me.  

• Like 1

He looks happy, informal and relaxed to me. I couldn't care less what he's wearing really. Just hope he's got some sort of peace in his heart. 

• Like 2

On 05/07/2020 at 08:37, newjez said:

I know! What's all this caring about injured service men stuff? What was wrong with just letting them be homeless after serving their country? Bloody do gooder.

Not sure what you found funny about that simmo? Care to explain?

• Haha 1

Nearly there! Don't drop the ball now guys! Vaccines are weeks away. Stay safe!