register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Megan doing so far?

Posted (edited)

I feel horrible for their children who will now be taught in the American education system (be it private or public), which is churning out uneducated morons left right and centre these days. Highly unfortunate for them.

Edited by Canada2Australia
  • Like 3

They are scary people, very different from us. Donald Trump is not handling this crisis well and they don't seem to care. Bodies piling up, sadly.

3 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

They are scary people, very different from us. Donald Trump is not handling this crisis well and they don't seem to care. Bodies piling up, sadly.

Actually Trump has almost gone up a millimeter for me as he has refused security for H&M.

The UK Times article said that the  reason they made the decision to leave Canada was because security was to be withdrawn on the 31st March. the date they were to start and embrace real live. Able to access a quick dash in a private jet just like the rest of us normal financially independent plebs.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ramot said:

Actually Trump has almost gone up a millimeter for me as he has refused security for H&M.

The UK Times article said that the  reason they made the decision to leave Canada was because security was to be withdrawn on the 31st March. the date they were to start and embrace real live. Able to access a quick dash in a private jet just like the rest of us normal financially independent plebs.

Screenshot_20200330-164007_Chrome.jpg

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

On 30/03/2020 at 11:37, ramot said:

I have no doubt at all that Prince Charles will pay for their security from his private wealth.

On 30/03/2020 at 01:25, starlight7 said:

when you think 200 times or more people die of the flu you can see where their priorities lie to be fair 

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

I have no doubt at all that Prince Charles will pay for their security from his private wealth.

Daddy to the rescue. Prince Harry must be happy about that. A kept Man by his wife and supported financially by Dad. Also getting pocket money by hawking out stories for money about his mental health. I can’t see any of that lasting long. Its all a low blow

1 hour ago, Perthbum said:

when you think 200 times or more people die of the flu you can see where their priorities lie to be fair 

I take it you are joking?

1 hour ago, ssiri said:

Daddy to the rescue. Prince Harry must be happy about that. A kept Man by his wife and supported financially by Dad. Also getting pocket money by hawking out stories for money about his mental health. I can’t see any of that lasting long. Its all a low blow

He does have over £30m himself inherited from his mum so unlikely to need his wife to keep him. He may take an offer from his dad to support him, you’d be surprised how many 30 something kids still find it acceptable to do this, often putting hardship on the parents. That at least is one burden he won’t have to carry.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, starlight7 said:

I take it you are joking?

no, why would you presume that. 

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

I think Harry is very vulnerable to an attack of some sort now.....there are nutters everywhere desperate to claim the scalp of a senior member of the UK Royal family......he’s letting his guard drop a bit What with those recent prank calls.....she prob wants to resume her old life......I hope  some other members of the royal family step up and provide him with the sort of security he needs although I doubt it’s the sort of security that she wants......we’ll see what happens but I think they are inviting trouble.....

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, kungfustu said:

I think Harry is very vulnerable to an attack of some sort now.....there are nutters everywhere desperate to claim the scalp of a senior member of the UK Royal family......he’s letting his guard drop a bit What with those recent prank calls.....she prob wants to resume her old life......I hope  some other members of the royal family step up and provide him with the sort of security he needs although I doubt it’s the sort of security that she wants......we’ll see what happens but I think they are inviting trouble.....

That’s crossed my mind. I’m sure he/they would be safer in the UK than where they are now. I’m not sure what I’m basing that on, just a hunch really. 

11 hours ago, Toots said:

As I keep saying, Prince Harry and Meghan have a fortune of $35 million all of their own, so I don't see why they can't pay for it themselves (Harry got a big inheritance from his mother).

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

3 hours ago, kungfustu said:

I think Prince Charles will help out with the cost of H & M's security costs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

As I keep saying, Prince Harry and Meghan have a fortune of $35 million all of their own, so I don't see why they can't pay for it themselves (Harry got a big inheritance from his mother).

That's as may be but I still think Prince Charles will help them out with the costs.  The cost of security could be millions.  His inheritance could quickly disappear.  Meghan will have to get stuck into the acting again.  That will also help cover all sorts of costs   ..............  the multi million dollar mansion, staff, security etc etc.

It has already been reported that Charles has agreed to pay half of their security costs.

Charles will pay £2 Million per year towards the estimated £4 Million total cost for security. Harry and Meghan will pay the other £2 Million.

I want it all, and I want it now.

4 hours ago, Toots said:

That's as may be but I still think Prince Charles will help them out with the costs.  The cost of security could be millions.  His inheritance could quickly disappear.  Meghan will have to get stuck into the acting again.  That will also help cover all sorts of costs   ..............  the multi million dollar mansion, staff, security etc etc.

I think their decision was driven largely because she wanted to get back into showbiz

• Like 2

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

I think their decision was driven largely because she wanted to get back into showbiz

its definitely what Megan wants, Megan gets. None of this has changed my opinion that it’s all going to end in tears for him. How and when and what, I can’t say.
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

It will be quite interesting to see how their lives in LA pans out for them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Toots said:

getting security wont be a problem.....between them they have plenty of money to pay for it but its the quality of security that he needs......the Royals have not suffered any serious security risks for years due to the security they get......It is 2nd to none......Ive seen this first hand.....I was unfortunate enough to be driving past the Farm shop in Windsor several months ago just at the same time William and Kate were returning to Windsor castle......there were 2 police motor bikes tearing up the road towards me riding in the middle of the road frantically waving their arms.....the girl in front of me panicked and braked an swerved to the inside of the road so fast I nearly ran straight into the back of her.....the red mist descended and I was telling the coppers what I thought of them......then seconds latter a load of police motor bikes came tearing past followed by their car and a load more motor bikes behind them.....I think in all there was about 10 motor bikes.....they were basically slowing/stopping any on coming traffic and making it pull to the inside.....it was a quiet lane (normally) and not a busy A road......but even so I doubt Harry will get that sort of protection from a private firm........

• Like 1

I imagine it would be similar to most high profile actors/actresses but why Charles would pay for it I can't imagine. Perhaps he doesn't know what to do with his vast sums of money?Best thing for them would be to live a very low profile life so no one is interested in them anymore but I don't think Mrs. Windsor would want that at all.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

I imagine it would be similar to most high profile actors/actresses but why Charles would pay for it I can't imagine. Perhaps he doesn't know what to do with his vast sums of money?Best thing for them would be to live a very low profile life so no one is interested in them anymore but I don't think Mrs. Windsor would want that at all.

He will pay for it because he loves his son.  He didn't have to walk Meghan down the aisle either but he probably did it for Harry's sake more than for Meghan.  Really odd how she couldn't find a suitable male from her own family to do that.  Even a close male friend could have done it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toots said:

Really odd how she couldn't find a suitable male from her own family to do that.  Even a close male friend could have done it.

You mean her own father.

On 31/03/2020 at 19:23, kungfustu said:

I genuinely feel sorry for him - a fighting man , who was much loved within the armed forces- one of the lads - the most popular royal .

Of course he would have insecurities , losing his mom at such a young age , all under the spotlight .

But , in my humble opinion , meghan markle isnt the answer in the long term - far from it .

I can see him getting emotionally damaged and messed up .

Hes lost all his titles ,royal and military , and genuine ,real,  friends will be hard to find , out there .

Very sad 

• Like 5

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

4 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

I genuinely feel sorry for him - a fighting man , who was much loved within the armed forces- one of the lads - the most popular royal .

Of course he would have insecurities , losing his mom at such a young age , all under the spotlight .

But , in my humble opinion , meghan markle isnt the answer in the long term - far from it .

I can see him getting emotionally damaged and messed up .

Hes lost all his titles ,royal and military , and genuine ,real,  friends will be hard to find , out there .

Very sad 

I actually see him ending it all - or trying to. He's been utterly emasculated and she now has claws firmly affixed so will either suffocate him to death or set him free to a state of utter emotional bereftness (and minus half of what he now owns) as she moves on to someone with more clout and more money.

• Like 4