message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Megan doing so far?

15 hours ago, Perthbum said:

kate is not a nice person

Agree 100%

12 hours ago, Toots said:

Let's face it   ..............  none of us plebs know any of the royal family personally.  We will read or hear all sorts of stories about most members of the Windsor family but how much of it is to be believed?

I believe Andrew is not a nice person

• Like 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle say that efforts to tackle coronavirus are a 'true testament to the human spirit' as they urge the public to 'support' each other in an impassioned Instagram post.

Obviously they haven't had to go out to buy toilet rolls and other essentials in the local supermarket only to be faced with bare shelves. 😂

• Haha 2

None of us know what any of them are like really. Kate plays the part very well. Always smiling, looks nice, seems a doting wife and mother, has produced kids as would be expected and the kids look sweet. She may be genuinely lovely, she may be the complete opposite behind the scenes. I’m not keen on Andrew. Can’t say I’m a royal lover at all really although I don’t dislike them. It’s not their fault they were born into that family, something very few people would want. 

• Like 4

Surprise surprise meghan and harry have moved to california 

So my wife was right on day 1 , spot on 

Harry , most popular royal to bag carrier in under 5 years

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

2 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

Is that what interests you, with a bit of luck regime change might be on its way courtesy of Covid 19.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

They said they were going to live in Canada full time a month ago.

5 hours ago, Perthbum said:

They said they were going to live in Canada full time a month ago.

I reckon that was just to soften the blow a bit. She was probably always aiming to live near her mum. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

I reckon that was just to soften the blow a bit. She was probably always aiming to live near her mum. 

She sounds like many migrants really.  Unhappy, feel they don't fit in, lonely.  Far happier back in their own country close to Mum.  Even becoming a member of the royal family won't change that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Toots said:

She sounds like many migrants really.  Unhappy, feel they don't fit in, lonely.  Far happier back in their own country close to Mum.  Even becoming a member of the royal family won't change that.

I agree that happens but she spent years living in Canada away from her mum before she met Harry.  If we are to believe all we’ve read about her, it seems she didn’t spend much time with her mum at all, very much did her own thing.  Becoming a member of the royal family certainly wouldn’t change how she felt, it would possibly worsen it. However, she would have one big advantage over other migrants, she could visit mum whenever she wanted, several times a year if she chose to and mum could visit her the same, even move to the UK should she want to. The move may be as much about living where the action is as to living near mum. They can live where they like of course but it will be interesting to see if they split their time between there and the UK as they said they would. I reckon they will spend very little time here and it will be a holiday rather than living.  

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

L A  & Hollywood is probably the real draw. She hasn’t needed to live near her Mother for years. She’s a grown up very worldly woman in her late 30’s not 18. I’m not a fan, think she has manipulated it . she’s ok back home, but not convinced Harry will cope, but that’s his problem. 

Edited by ramot
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, ramot said:

L A  & Hollywood is probably the real draw. She hasn’t needed to live near her Mother for years. She’s a grown up very worldly woman in her late 30’s not 18. I’m not a fan, think she has manipulated it . she’s ok back home, but not convinced Harry will cope, but that’s his problem. 

I'd say she always wanted to get back into movies and TV, which she couldn't do if they'd stayed as full royals.   Now she's got the extra cachet of being a princess, no doubt she's expecting her film career to skyrocket.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

37 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

I agree that happens but she spent years living in Canada away from her mum before she met Harry.  If we are to believe all we’ve read about her, it seems she didn’t spend much time with her mum at all, very much did her own thing.  Becoming a member of the royal family certainly wouldn’t change how she felt, it would possibly worsen it. However, she would have one big advantage over other migrants, she could visit mum whenever she wanted, several times a year if she chose to and mum could visit her the same, even move to the UK should she want to. The move may be as much about living where the action is as to living near mum. They can live where they like of course but it will be interesting to see if they split their time between there and the UK as they said they would. I reckon they will spend very little time here and it will be a holiday rather than living.  

I agree.  They will build a new life in California.  Hope Harry will be happy.

2 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I'd say she always wanted to get back into movies and TV, which she couldn't do if they'd stayed as full royals.   Now she's got the extra cachet of being a princess, no doubt she's expecting her film career to skyrocket.

Is she a princess?.  I heard recently she will be known as Mrs Mountbatten Windsor.  That way she has the same name as young Archie.

22 minutes ago, Toots said:

Is she a princess?.  I heard recently she will be known as Mrs Mountbatten Windsor.  That way she has the same name as young Archie.

Theres high maintenance and then theres.......HIGH maintenance.......she is 100% a princess.....

• Haha 1

On 18/03/2020 at 10:52, Bulya said:

Agree 100%

How the hell do any of us know ? Really 

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

21 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

Meghan is always at least 2 steps ahead .

Your last sentence says it all 

It's all me , me, me 

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

No one knows her and it’s just paper talk and gossip, I believe Kate is a manipulator and hates anyone taking the limelight from her, don’t think Kate is a nice person but like the Megan haters I could be wrong 

1 hour ago, bunbury61 said:

Meghan is always at least 2 steps ahead .

Your last sentence says it all 

It's all me , me, me 

Her brother and Bloodnut both said, "What Meghan wants, Meghan gets".

My take of her is that she is a scheming, self centered young woman; she will do what she has to, to achieve what she wants.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Toots said:

No she's not officially but I'm sure the Americans will see her as such.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

I used to watch her in ‘Suits’ and the part she played was similar to the part she plays now I think. Very false and superficial. What I don’t get is why Harry fancied her at all. He must love her , which I guess is a good thing, not many others do, for sure.

34 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

I used to watch her in ‘Suits’ and the part she played was similar to the part she plays now I think. Very false and superficial. What I don’t get is why Harry fancied her at all. He must love her , which I guess is a good thing, not many others do, for sure.

I'm sure there are plenty of males who fancy her.  She is very attractive.  Harry seems to be totally in love and very happy now that they have a little son.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Toots said:

I'm sure there are plenty of males who fancy her.  She is very attractive.  Harry seems to be totally in love and very happy now that they have a little son.

And I think he has a ring through his nose! 

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1

On 06/03/2020 at 17:37, Toots said:

I thought she looked really good in that dress.  

She is gorgeous

I want it all, and I want it now.