register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Megan doing so far?

1 hour ago, simmo said:

Looks like M&H are definitely not going back to the UK on a permanent basis then?  Hope Harry doesn't live to regret it.  Also hope the 15 staff got a decent redundancy payout. 

• Like 4

THE Queen has ordered Harry and Meghan to drop their "Sussex Royal" label after choosing to step down as working royals.  After spending tens of thousands of pounds on a new Sussex Royal website and trademarks, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have lost their fight to keep the lucrative Royal brand.

• Like 1

Looks like M&H are definitely not going back to the UK on a permanent basis then?  Hope Harry doesn't live to regret it.  Also hope the 15 staff got a decent redundancy payout. 

On both counts unlikely.

I still think she is trouble, (Megan) - but Piers protests a bit too much in a manner which is not lending his version much credibility. If anything, it’ll play in Megan’s favour (and she is not one to let a gift horse pass her by, IMHO, and rightly so), especially considering the tragedy that befell Flack, last weekend.
  • Like 1

THE Queen has ordered Harry and Meghan to drop their "Sussex Royal" label after choosing to step down as working royals.  After spending tens of thousands of pounds on a new Sussex Royal website and trademarks, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have lost their fight to keep the lucrative Royal brand.

And so they should. She thought she could ‘brand’ and copyright Royalty? The silly silly woman - Megan, that is. The Queen, understands, brands Royalty, breaches of policy, breaches of privacy and defamation and the law. Good for her - she has suffered many fools in the form of all manner of staffer and politician, they come and go, yet she has been there, through it all.
  • Like 2

The Queen is a very wise woman and it must be very upsetting for her to have her grandson and his wife carry on as they are doing. I wish they would just disappear in a puff of smoke frankly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, starlight7 said:

The Queen is a very wise woman and it must be very upsetting for her to have her grandson and his wife carry on as they are doing. I wish they would just disappear in a puff of smoke frankly.

Don’t believe everything/anything you read 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/02/2020 at 15:42, Parley said:

What are you on about ?

Piers and Meghan were good friends for about 18 months and then she dropped him like a hot potato.

Presumably when she found what such an arse he is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, ssiri said:

And so they should. She thought she could ‘brand’ and copyright Royalty? The silly silly woman - Megan, that is. The Queen, understands, brands Royalty, breaches of policy, breaches of privacy and defamation and the law. Good for her - she has suffered many fools in the form of all manner of staffer and politician, they come and go, yet she has been there, through it all.

Yup seems like Ms Markle is not as clever as she thinks she is!  Forgot a few minor details.  Definitely not going to be a case of what Meghan wants - Meghan gets now then Harry is it!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AJ said:

Yup seems like Ms Markle is not as clever as she thinks she is!  Forgot a few minor details.  Definitely not going to be a case of what Meghan wants - Meghan gets now then Harry is it!

Certainly not - and the some very powerful forces may quietly move against her now .

Not loudly - she will be brought down a peg or two over time .

Hopefully harry will see sense , and not end up like Edward 7th living off the back of his name ,and his rich friends , as an outcast .

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

9 hours ago, Bulya said:

Don’t believe everything/anything you read 

Anything constructive to add ?

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

7 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

See above 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

What constructive comments have there been in this thread?

All I've seen is bunch of people gossiping about people they have never met. 

All they know is second or third hand gossip (or blatantly made up) fed to them by the tabloids.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, unzippy said:

All they know is second or third hand gossip (or blatantly made up) fed to them by the tabloids.

All of that is true but the simple fact is, we humans love a bit of gossip.  The royal family are a great source of gossipy stuff for us plebs.  😉  I'm afraid that's not going to change.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, unzippy said:

Exactly! 

• Haha 1

On 19/02/2020 at 21:53, AJ said:

I wonder if she has remembered to apply for a Visa and work rights for Harry!

3 hours ago, AJ said:

I wonder if she has remembered to apply for a Visa and work rights for Harry!

If you know the right people, visas are no obstacle. 

13 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

If you know the right people, visas are no obstacle. 

Ain't that the truth...

Objectively there is no reason to refuse them a visa anyway.

They will be paying millions a year in tax so a win for the country they live in.

I want it all, and I want it now.

4 hours ago, simmo said:

They do seem to have the hump. That said, royal is just a word so I’m sure they could use it if they wanted to. Harry and Archie are royal, nothing can ever change that. Everyone’s saying they are not doing themselves any favours being like this but I don’t think they care. They’ve made a decision to live their lives as they want to and won’t be dictated to. I doubt they will have much to do with the UK in the future. The 6 months in each place is very unlikely to happen. She seems to hate the place, he doesn’t but will stand by his wife. I think many in Canada won’t be happy paying millions in security for them which is understandable but I doubt they have a choice.

Edited by Tulip1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

They do seem to have the hump. That said, royal is just a word so I’m sure they could use it if they wanted to. Harry and Archie are royal, nothing can ever change that. Everyone’s saying they are not doing themselves any favours being like this but I don’t think they care. They’ve made a decision to live their lives as they want to and won’t be dictated to. I doubt they will have much to do with the UK in the future. The 6 months in each place is very unlikely to happen. She seems to hate the place, he doesn’t but will stand by his wife. I think many in Canada won’t be happy paying millions in security for them which is understandable but I doubt they have a choice.

They don’t need to be associated with the muppets.  They’ll do just fine on their own 

Meghan and Harry seemed to have such potential as part of the awesome foursome with William and Kate. Don't miss understand me, Meghan is beautiful, talented and smart. She could have made a difference to the Monarchy in a positive way.

Now H & M just appear to be self absorbed and so far removed from the people they claim to want to help through charitable works. Where is the pity for those impacted by homelessness, hunger and unemployment.

• Like 4

Meghan and Harry seemed to have such potential as part of the awesome foursome with William and Kate. Don't miss understand me, Meghan is beautiful, talented and smart. She could have made a difference to the Monarchy in a positive way.
Now H & M just appear to be self absorbed and so far removed from the people they claim to want to help through charitable works. Where is the pity for those impacted by homelessness, hunger and unemployment.

Undoubtedly, with ‘Whats in it for me, Markke at the helm of the good ship Harry.

He is going to change from the second most popular Royal to someone like the former King Edward, in terms of his rapport with the people he (supposedly), serves . If its what he stands for and wants, thats fine. On his merry way.

I don’t think he will somehow, and when he gets cast aside by ‘Whats in it for me, Markle’ it will end in tears.
  • Like 1