register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Megan doing so far?

18 hours ago, ssiri said:

You could be right there- who knows ? That family would drive anyone to sobs though.

Yet she has flow to to Canada and has left him to cop it. There may be a mental breakdown, but I think it will be because he is in ‘her’ clutches.

That article by the Guardian seemed to me to be making a lot of assumptions, as the press are wont to. The article in itself is quite racist I think- looking for racial undertones where there quite likely are none at all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bulya said:

I'm not really a great fan of Amna Saleem who wrote the article.  She is Scottish from Glasgow.  I knew a fair few people in Glasgow with a Pakistani background and they didn't seem to have suffered from any form of racism but maybe Amna has been unlucky.  She is apt to bang on about it a bit much though.  There are loads of people in Glasgow with broad Scottish accents but whose parents/grandparents were originally from Pakistan, India or China.  

By the way I never thought the media was racist toward Meghan but perhaps it went over my head.  A lot of stuff does.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

Even better.....

EN_ScKdW4AAoK31?format=jpg&name=large

I don't see racism.

18 hours ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

And a little paler of complexion, maybe?

You have absolutely no idea whether Markle has those traits, she already appears to be very strong, she's made her own money, got a degree, worked in Embassies in foreign countries, and she's left home and worked.    So how does that compare to Kate Middleton from Middle England, who wouldn't say boo to a goose and knows her place as breeder of an heir?

Perhaps the reason is that Markle is too strong to put up with all this traditional crap in the 21st Century, and it's your world she's rejecting as not fit for the future?

Why a "paler complexion"?

6 minutes ago, simmo said:

No it doesn't.

If you want to see racism just look back through your posts and read the blatant hatred for poms and the English.

Maybe Bulya can tell us why he is always so disparaging toward Britain and the British.  It's a bit like some posters on the forum who spew bile about Australia and Australians.  Simply don't understand it. I've met Brits I can't stand and Australians I can't stand but they are in the minority.  Some folk go through life with a bitter attitude and a closed mind.

• Like 4

Guys can we please stop with personal comments. Its getting a bit annoying that almost every active thread in CTF is full of them. Lets discuss the topic without nit picking others if they have differing views. 

All members do have the ignore function to enable you to block others if you don't like what/ how they post. Unfortunately you cannot block the mods or admin though,lol.

Cal x

• Like 4

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place...

If you get a chance,take it, If it changes your life,let it. Nobody said it would be easy they just said it would be worth it...

Kitchen supported by Meghan's cookbook is housed inside mosque 'which has links to 19 terror suspects including Jihadi John'

By Tim Stickings For Mailonline01:42 24 Nov 2018, updated 17:15 26 Nov 2018

6577716-0-image-a-23_1543024588675.jpg
  •  

On 12/01/2020 at 12:07, Parley said:

The Duchess of Sussex has reportedly signed a deal with Disney which could see her return to the big screen.

Then they won’t have to bludge off the bludgers.  Smart move 

On 11/01/2020 at 15:27, Perthbum said:

And the royal family have no business complaining if harry wants to leave the "firm" they cannot keep him beyond his will. 

That's fair enough pb 

Give back the titles 

Give back the £5 million a year salary from prince Charles estate 

Give back the use of frog more house .

Provide your own protection .

If harry and meghan want to go their own way , that is fair enough , as you say , dont keep them against their will 

Absolutely no funding from the british taxpayer either .

No anger , no spite just cut the ties , it's easier in the long run .

But my humble opinion is , it will end in tears .

It is only my opinion , but I dont think the marriage will last .

He is gone from being ,by far , the most popular royal to god knows where.

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

On 12/01/2020 at 06:02, simmo said:

I don't see racism.

Nor do I see racism by the press either .

She , in the main , has had nothing but positive press .

The british public embraced her .

And to throw up the diana comparison is absolute bollox .

Diana was hounded daily from 1980 - to her death in 1997 - which was a disgrace,  and so very sad .

Meghan has had nothing like the scrutiny .

In the short time they have been married ,they have had more holidays than judith Chalmers for heavens sake .

All I can think is , best of luck harry ,you are going to need it , once the gloss has worn off .

• Like 2

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

I have been asked to come on to this thread. Despite Cal and Ali’s numerous requests lately the constant bickering has continued. Maybe people need to remind themselves with regards to the forum rules, especially questioning moderators. I cannot believe you all act like children then when reprimanded twist it and blame the mods. 😡 I dread to think what this forum would be like without the hard working moderators who do this in their own personal time. I’m sure they have much better things to be doing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

On 11/01/2020 at 15:58, Slean Wolfhead said:

A "glitch 🙂

.You probably broke it by clicking it too often

@simmo is indeed correct, it is a software fault and unfortunately one that we don’t seem able to fix without him creating a new account,  Simmo hasn’t had a report button for a very long time and hasn’t missed it so for now will be keeping his current account. 

• Like 3

If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

57 minutes ago, The Pom Queen said:

@simmo is indeed correct, it is a software fault and unfortunately one that we don’t seem able to fix without him creating a new account,  Simmo hasn’t had a report button for a very long time and hasn’t missed it so for now will be keeping his current account. 

That's fine PQ. I'm not a dobber by nature anyway and the mods don't need me to tell them who the trouble makers are. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, The Pom Queen said:

If it's specific to one user I doubt it's software related.

I'm guessing you have some sort of profile database, and I would guess simmo's is corrupted in some way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, newjez said:

If it's specific to one user I doubt it's software related.

I'm guessing you have some sort of profile database, and I would guess simmo's is corrupted in some way.

I’ve no idea of all the posh terms @newjez only that Simmo, despite numerous accusations over the years, can’t hit report due to technical difficulties. Unfortunately the glitch didn’t affect lots of members. Oops I meant fortunately 😋

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS

ITS MEGXIT IN NAME ONLY.

• Haha 1

On 12/01/2020 at 06:54, simmo said:

Kitchen supported by Meghan's cookbook is housed inside mosque 'which has links to 19 terror suspects including Jihadi John'

•  

ohhhhh FFS the media are total scum, 

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

On 12/01/2020 at 14:34, simmo said:

typical lazy  british women, all that cleaning up to do and she is having a cuppa.

Edited by Perthbum
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

That's fair enough pb 

Give back the titles 

Give back the £5 million a year salary from prince Charles estate 

Give back the use of frog more house .

Provide your own protection .

If harry and meghan want to go their own way , that is fair enough , as you say , dont keep them against their will 

Absolutely no funding from the british taxpayer either .

No anger , no spite just cut the ties , it's easier in the long run .

But my humble opinion is , it will end in tears .

It is only my opinion , but I dont think the marriage will last .

He is gone from being ,by far , the most popular royal to god knows where.

They dont need the Royal Family, she is a muiti millionaire through her hard graft in like, they can earn millions in their own right, they dont need an oppressive royal family that has sex pests in it, they dont need anyone to succeed.

• Like 1

On 12/01/2020 at 06:54, simmo said:

•  

Meghan Markle's Together charity cookbook for Grenfell sees a spike in sales after Twitter campaign to support the Duchess amid ongoing storm over decision to step down