register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

How is Megan doing so far?

1 hour ago, bunbury61 said:

My wife who picked all of this from day one .

Said that harry needed someone like kate , with those personality traits - dependable , strong and wise .

He didnt bargain for all of what is coming his way .

She gives it 3 years before its heart break for harry after they split up .

Meghan has got what she wanted now - a huge wedding - a royal husband and child and with that her profile has rocketed - so back to north america 

Soon her use for harry will be over , and it will be goodbye harry 

Yep, he should have got an English rose, not some cross breed from the colonies, it would have all been fine, the tabloids have increased circulation pandering to the Brits obsession with the royals, race and envy.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Toots said:

For heaven's sake Harry was a grown man and had a couple of very serious girlfriends prior to Meghan so he wasn't totally inexperienced with the female sex.  Meghan was his choice as a wife so he'll just have to get on with it.  He always looks besotted with her.  I hope it does work out for them but if it doesn't well too bad.  Couples split up all the time and divorce   .........  even in the Royal family.

Besotted is the word 

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

1 hour ago, bunbury61 said:

My wife who picked all of this from day one .

Said that harry needed someone like kate , with those personality traits - dependable , strong and wise .

He didnt bargain for all of what is coming his way .

She gives it 3 years before its heart break for harry after they split up .

Meghan has got what she wanted now - a huge wedding - a royal husband and child and with that her profile has rocketed - so back to north america 

Soon her use for harry will be over , and it will be goodbye harry 

Old shane puts up the smiley face - but his track record isnt very good is it 😂😂😂😂

Has ever backed a winner ?

• Confused 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

From the outside looking in - I think that it's their actions that have brought criticism - that may have become over the top and I don't believe has anything to do with her being biracial.  I think the public loved Harry (2nd only to the queen) and were desperate to love Meghan too - but it's their actions that have turned people against them.  Trade marking their brand as far back as March was planned.  They've made announcements at key times that have overshadowed other members of the royal family - the pregnancy at the same time as Eugenie's wedding, the documentary whilst the focus should have been on the tour of Pakistan and this on the Eve of the Duchess of Cambridge's birthday.  I think Meghan has been taken aback that she hasn't easily been able to become the star of the show and that thousands of years of tradition has meant that there's been a pecking order.
I do agree with Bunbury when you look at the events - Harry has become almost paranoid about the press (who he previously had a good relationship with), on the face of it is becoming estranged from his family and isolated so that there is only one person to turn to - his wife.  I do think that stepping back is the best for them, but they shouldn't use their royal status to cash in - Fergie and the countess of Wessex were criticised heavily for doing that.

I agree - she’s got him wrapped round her little finger. The ring is for someone with bus history of psychological issues, isolating oneself to get support from only one person, is unhealthy. I hope it doesn’t ruin him. If the signs look like things are going down hill for him mentally, that he can break free if needed. Hope it does t happen, but it’s a worry.

2 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

Old shane puts up the smiley face - but his track record isnt very good is it 😂😂😂😂

Has ever backed a winner ?

Shane who?

This is quite interesting, legal papers from the initial court case.  You can see why they're complaining about the weak-minded being encouraged to complain about "taxpayers money" being used for Frogmore Cottage.....when it's not even true.  Have a read.

https://www.bylineinvestigates.com/mail/2020/1/10/kv913pun97mbewgk1hodcipttt1wfj?format=amp&__twitter_impression=true

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

•  

My take on this is that Harry is on the edge of some sort of mental breakdown and she is protecting her man and taking him away from all the sources of stress. He looks bemused as though he is not quite in the present. The royals and the press in Britain have never been able to deal with mental health issues ( witness Diana) so he is best off out of it. Maybe Megan is cluey enough to have worked that out.

Yet she has flow to to Canada and has left him to cop it. There may be a mental breakdown, but I think it will be because he is in ‘her’ clutches.

Even better.....

And they are still doing it now – witness the bitter attack on the couple by Piers Morgan in yesterday’s Daily Mail (a characteristic exercise in shamelessness, since it failed entirely to remind readers that the Mail group is fighting a legal action against the Duchess, for publishing a private letter she wrote to her father, and that Prince Harry is also suing the Mirror over hacking that took place at a time when Morgan was editor).

EN_ScKdW4AAoK31?format=jpg&name=large

"Nationalism is an infantile disease, it is the measles of mankind." Albert Einstein

•  

13 minutes ago, Toots said:

Shane who?

be careful with him, he's senile.

•  

2 minutes ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

be careful with him, he's senile.

😂😂😂 no the word you are looking for is secure ...oh and comfortable 👍

• Like 1

BUT I DONT FEEL AFRAID

AS LONG AS I GAZE AT

WATERLOO SUNSET

IAM IN PARADISE

7 minutes ago, bunbury61 said:

😂😂😂 no the word you are looking for is secure ...oh and comfortable 👍

I'd hope so for a bloke in his 80's !

•  

2 hours ago, bunbury61 said:

And a little paler of complexion, maybe?

You have absolutely no idea whether Markle has those traits, she already appears to be very strong, she's made her own money, got a degree, worked in Embassies in foreign countries, and she's left home and worked.    So how does that compare to Kate Middleton from Middle England, who wouldn't say boo to a goose and knows her place as breeder of an heir?

Perhaps the reason is that Markle is too strong to put up with all this traditional crap in the 21st Century, and it's your world she's rejecting as not fit for the future?

Edited by Slean Wolfhead
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

•  

1 hour ago, Slean Wolfhead said:

And a little paler of complexion, maybe?

You have absolutely no idea whether Markle has those traits, she already appears to be very strong, she's made her own money, got a degree, worked in Embassies in foreign countries, and she's left home and worked.    So how does that compare to Kate Middleton from Middle England, who wouldn't say boo to a goose and knows her place as breeder of an heir?

Perhaps the reason is that Markle is too strong to put up with all this traditional crap in the 21st Century, and it's your world she's rejecting as not fit for the future?

If she is not able to handle “traditional crap’” then she had no business marrying into the royal family.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Flights booked for Sydney 29/09/2015 :cool:

2 hours ago, Metoo said:

If she is not able to handle “traditional crap’” then she had no business marrying into the royal family.

And the royal family have no business complaining if harry wants to leave the "firm" they cannot keep him beyond his will. 

• Like 3

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

14 hours ago, Parley said:

download.jpg

How low must one stoop to cast aspersions about a child's appearance, laced with their own prejudice, to justify their own world view. Shame on you Parley.

Looks like any other healthy, happy child to me and the parents look very proud. I'm as far from a royalist as one can be, but they deserve happiness as much as the next man/woman. Well done to them.

• Like 5

:evilface_frowning_s

9 hours ago, newjez said:

I don't think the baby looks odd or ugly as some have suggested. I think it looks mixed race. Do some people think those things are the same?

just looks like a baby to me, and its not an "it"

Edited by Perthbum
  • Like 3

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

So ... Does this mean Andrew is back to sixth in line ???

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

I realise it’s a difficult task but yes, it does seem that quite a bit of bullying is being indulged in.

Please report the posts and we can look at them.

• Like 2

I just want PIO to be a happy place where people are nice to each other and unicorns poop rainbows

What is wrong with people?  Social media to blame again I suppose.

In the good old days being a Royal super-fan meant building an enviable collection of commemorative plates, or perhaps – at its extreme – camping out overnight before any wedding and christening, as long as it involved a member of the House of Windsor.

Kate v Meghan 

To be a Royal super-fan now means not just wholehearted devotion to a single Duchess, but a vehement rejection of the other. Put simply, if you love Meghan, you must hate Kate – and vice versa.

The result is a vicious keyboard war on blogs and social media, with harmless banter escalating behind the scenes into cyberbullying, harassment and even death threats. 😶  One woman who has run fan sites dedicated to both women told The Mail on Sunday she was too frightened to reveal her real name.  ‘The potential backlash and cyberbullying that I would endure would be overwhelming,’ she said.

Absolutely pathetic.

Edited by Toots
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Toots said:

In the good old days being a Royal super-fan meant building an enviable collection of commemorative plates, or perhaps – at its extreme – camping out overnight before any wedding and christening, as long as it involved a member of the House of Windsor.

Kate v Meghan 

To be a Royal super-fan now means not just wholehearted devotion to a single Duchess, but a vehement rejection of the other. Put simply, if you love Meghan, you must hate Kate – and vice versa.

The result is a vicious keyboard war on blogs and social media, with harmless banter escalating behind the scenes into cyberbullying, harassment and even death threats. 😶  One woman who has run fan sites dedicated to both women told The Mail on Sunday she was too frightened to reveal her real name.  ‘The potential backlash and cyberbullying that I would endure would be overwhelming,’ she said.

Absolutely pathetic.

Careful toots, you can't be objective on here. They will accuse you of not knowing whether you are Arthur or Martha. Pick a side.

• Haha 3

The Duchess of Sussex has reportedly signed a deal with Disney which could see her return to the big screen.

I want it all, and I want it now.

33 minutes ago, Parley said:

The Duchess of Sussex has reportedly signed a deal with Disney which could see her return to the big screen.

She's doing a voice-over.  She's signed a deal with Disney in return for a donation to a wildlife charity.

Meghan will do the voice-over to help fund Elephants Without Borders, an organisation that helps to track and protect the animals from poaching.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Toots said:

Unpleasant people have always been there, the internet has given them a voice when previously they could be ignored by any common agreement of worthwhile input or usefulness, and because they had no method of communication.  The sheer number of them though, is surprising.  I guess they've always been there in much larger numbers than was suspected.

The awful term "political correctness" which should just translate to "common decency" has been hijacked as a sign of oppression of free speech,  even though the misunderstood term "freedom of speech" is now used as a joker card for bigots to deliberately discriminate against others (according to 67% of Australians polled).

We've seen, just in the last 3 years, how humans who would have been embarrassed by fascism, are now openly showing fascist tendencies themselves, and are proud of it.  Even in England.  How long will it be before it's commonplace and accepted amongst the populace?

Currently we're at the stage of not needing experts, not respecting people who've worked harder than them, ignoring the constitution, trying to make our judiciary subservient to political chancers, and are watching people cheerleading for ignorance with the obvious effects to come.   How long before we stop trusting people who wear glasses, or don't show blind faith in a misguided cause?

Evolution doesn't always mean you move forwards continuously without a stumble.  The apes can take over the planet, there can be a "dark age" and a reset.   Meghan and Kate is just a tiny sideshow to what is happening to disaffected people who believe they should be given more, who call for freedom when what they really want is control.

You either call them out, or let them get on with whitewashing the world.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

•  

9 hours ago, Bulya said:

makes uncomfortable reading. 

I always remember reading about post-Nazi Germany and how so many ordinary Germans were not involved, but they all lived through the build-up and turned a blind eye to those sections of their society that were gradually turning into monsters before their eyes, thinking it could not possible go as far as it did go.   The people who left early for other countries because they could see the rot setting in, and the ones who stayed, convinced they were going to be the best in the world.

• Like 2

•