register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

simmo

Isis schoolgirl wants to return to UK

50 minutes ago, newjez said:

MI5 will keep tabs on her. Could bring in the whole cell. In fact I imagine they are a bit pissed with the home office for the political intervention on what should have been a tactical matter.

Would you be happy living next door to her?

• Like 1

You seem confident in your knowledge of life in isis, you even seem to know better than Shamima herself If the words from her own mouth shouldn’t be believed!! I don’t want to enter into a debate with you, people are sharing their opinions on this thread, I read them and take on board others opinions and points, but I don’t cross that line of respect towards others opinions by suggesting they are niaive and my opinions are more valid. 

I’m going by what reporters and what others who have been part of ISIS or subjugated by ISIS have reported.

Just because it comes from someone’s mouth doesn’t make it true. The wife and child beater usually find that the victims when questioned by docs and A and E for serious injuries say they ‘fell’. They don’t just sing like a canary straight away. There is no reason to say she is (or isn’t) doing the same.

Those more qualified and able to assess her should do so, and come to a verdict of whether she is or is not putting up a front.

I’m sorry if you feel I have offended you but my point is that there can be more to this that meets the eye, not just the headlines aimed to solicit face value judgements.

17 minutes ago, ssiri said:

I’m going by what reporters and what others who have been part of ISIS or subjugated by ISIS have reported.

Just because it comes from someone’s mouth doesn’t make it true. The wife and child beater usually find that the victims when questioned by docs and A and E for serious injuries say they ‘fell’. They don’t just sing like a canary straight away. There is no reason to say she is (or isn’t) doing the same.

Those more qualified and able to assess her should do so, and come to a verdict of whether she is or is not putting up a front.

I’m sorry if you feel I have offended you but my point is that there can be more to this that meets the eye, not just the headlines aimed to solicit face value judgements.

You didn’t offend me, it’s such a difficult situation and we all have our own thoughts and opinions.  For me, I just cannot get over the shock I felt when ISIS beheaded James Foley and then went onto to behead all of the others, I didn’t know any of them but their situation really did distress me at the time, I was utterly horrified and would wake up in the morning praying they hadn’t done it (and I’m not religious).  It had a massive impact on me that this really was happening and it jaded me, I cannot feel sympathy for someone who thought this was all ok, I just can’t find a way to think it would be right for her to come back to the UK and ultimately carry on where she left off, I honestly feel she got on that plane and went to great lengths to become a part of this evil in the full knowledge of the horrors they were committing.  I can imagine once she got there she might have realised it wasn’t quite so wonderful, but I just don’t care now, she made her choices in full awareness of the evil being perpetuated and she has to face the consequences.  Bangladesh may not want her, but they are certainly not taking on the UK’s problems, she isn’t a uk citizen, she isn’t the UK’s problem.  Her evil will continue wherever she is, for me I sleep well knowing it’s not in the UK xxxxx

• Like 4

I did answer but my post was censored.

That depends. She may not want to live next door to me either
  • Confused 1

You didn’t offend me, it’s such a difficult situation and we all have our own thoughts and opinions.  For me, I just cannot get over the shock I felt when ISIS beheaded James Foley and then went onto to behead all of the others, I didn’t know any of them but their situation really did distress me at the time, I was utterly horrified and would wake up in the morning praying they hadn’t done it (and I’m not religious).  It had a massive impact on me that this really was happening and it jaded me, I cannot feel sympathy for someone who thought this was all ok, I just can’t find a way to think it would be right for her to come back to the UK and ultimately carry on where she left off, I honestly feel she got on that plane and went to great lengths to become a part of this evil in the full knowledge of the horrors they were committing.  I can imagine once she got there she might have realised it wasn’t quite so wonderful, but I just don’t care now, she made her choices in full awareness of the evil being perpetuated and she has to face the consequences.  Bangladesh may not want her, but they are certainly not taking on the UK’s problems, she isn’t a uk citizen, she isn’t the UK’s problem.  Her evil will continue wherever she is, for me I sleep well knowing it’s not in the UK xxxxx

Yes it was brutal what happened to the reporters and feel the same about all those nameless unfortunates in ISIS territory who don’t get reported on, who were treated equally as brutally - the ones who aren’t British.

I don’t sleep easy that this was to some extent perpetrated by one of our own, and we have washed our hands off getting them all justice, by persecuting and prosecuting our own.

As for Bangladesh they will decide if they want our problem children or not. I’m guessing not.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, newjez said:

That didn't answer the question. How did you celebrate international women's Day Simmo?

What did you do to celebrate it ? 

I celebrated my wife’s birthday with a weekend away in sydney 

Yesterday I watched a short interview in the news with her father.  He was asked how he didn’t see or notice anything unusual about her before she left the UK.  His answer was that he didn’t live with the family then or now, just spends a few weeks a year in the uk. He lives in Bangladesh !  It is reported that she said she didn’t want to move there as she’s never been and doesn’t know anyone there, her own father lives there  🤔  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Phoenix16 said:

I have to admit, their PR wasn't great. But then I guess they were reverting to the tenth century.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, ssiri said:

Yes it was brutal what happened to the reporters and feel the same about all those nameless unfortunates in ISIS territory who don’t get reported on, who were treated equally as brutally - the ones who aren’t British.

I don’t sleep easy that this was to some extent perpetrated by one of our own, and we have washed our hands off getting them all justice, by persecuting and prosecuting our own.

As for Bangladesh they will decide if they want our problem children or not. I’m guessing not.

I completely agree xx

27 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

Yesterday I watched a short interview in the news with her father.  He was asked how he didn’t see or notice anything unusual about her before she left the UK.  His answer was that he didn’t live with the family then or now, just spends a few weeks a year in the uk. He lives in Bangladesh !  It is reported that she said she didn’t want to move there as she’s never been and doesn’t know anyone there, her own father lives there  🤔  

I’ve read his interviews too and the same thoughts did occur to me, interestingly I do think her father being domiciled in Bangladesh could potentially add weight to her claim to Bangladeshi citizenship....here’s hoping!!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Phoenix16 said:

I would hope it’s not quite that easy to enter the UK, passports  are pretty sophisticated these days and false ones no matter how good they are do tend to get picked up.  She could also very easily indoctrinate someone within the UK prison system and get them to do the exact same on her behalf, get them to ‘belive’ Hook them up to contacts, do the deed... she’s out of the UK and best option is to keep her out, I think it’s a profound and scary message to send out to other young girls (and their families) thinking along the lines she did.

Well she left the UK on her sisters passport.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Phoenix16 said:

But we live our lifes surrounded by people motivated to kill and yet we are not horrified or scared so much

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Norris

And Dr Shipman who may have murdered up to 400, all in Britain by UK citizens.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

But we live our lifes surrounded by people motivated to kill and yet we are not horrified or scared so much

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Norris

And Dr Shipman who may have murdered up to 400, all in Britain by UK citizens.

Yes, and the Yorkshire Ripper too who was pretty active in my locality as I was growing up... And yes, actually at the time everyone was pretty scared and horrified...I get your point but for me it was just truly horrific watching a terrified human being with a knife at his throat in front of the world facing an horrific death and there’s absolutely nothing I or anyone else could do to stop it, put it this way, I certainly didn’t make me desire to jump on a plane to Turkey and try to Join them.  Of course there are psychos all over the world committing horrific crimes but I don’t think your analogy works in this case or should we be considering releasing Peter Sutcliffe and welcoming him back into our society because he’s really very sorry for his crimes and wishes he really hadn’t committed them and would never do such evil things again.....🤔🙄

Edited by Phoenix16
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Phoenix16 said:

Yes, and the Yorkshire Ripper too who was pretty active in my locality as I was growing up... And yes, actually at the time everyone was pretty scared and horrified...I get your point but for me it was just truly horrific watching a terrified human being with a knife at his throat in front of the world facing an horrific death and there’s absolutely nothing I or anyone else could do to stop it, put it this way, I certainly didn’t make me desire to jump on a plane to Turkey and try to Join them.  Of course there are psychos all over the world committing horrific crimes but I don’t think your analogy works in this case or should we be considering releasing Peter Sutcliffe and welcoming him back into our society because he’s really very sorry for his crimes and wishes he really hadn’t committed them and would never do such evil things again.....🤔🙄

I was just trying to highlight that horrifying things happen all around us but its often how is presented to us and many killers complete disregard for others humanity is the same regardless of the circumstances.

Unfortunately the Muslim extremists see themselves as waging a holy war and carrying out atrocities is part of their psychological terrorism, just because they want to impose some kind of fundamentalist interpretation of Islam on the world doesn't mean they are not fully aware of the value of psychological warfare and the use of modern technology.

3 hours ago, BacktoDemocracy said:

I was just trying to highlight that horrifying things happen all around us but its often how is presented to us and many killers complete disregard for others humanity is the same regardless of the circumstances.

Unfortunately the Muslim extremists see themselves as waging a holy war and carrying out atrocities is part of their psychological terrorism, just because they want to impose some kind of fundamentalist interpretation of Islam on the world doesn't mean they are not fully aware of the value of psychological warfare and the use of modern technology.

Citizenship is a privilege. If you can get rid of these people you should. 

I want it all, and I want it now.

Did anyone celebrate International Men's Day in November ?

• Like 1

I want it all, and I want it now.

Yes, and the Yorkshire Ripper too who was pretty active in my locality as I was growing up... And yes, actually at the time everyone was pretty scared and horrified...I get your point but for me it was just truly horrific watching a terrified human being with a knife at his throat in front of the world facing an horrific death and there’s absolutely nothing I or anyone else could do to stop it, put it this way, I certainly didn’t make me desire to jump on a plane to Turkey and try to Join them.  Of course there are psychos all over the world committing horrific crimes but I don’t think your analogy works in this case or should we be considering releasing Peter Sutcliffe and welcoming him back into our society because he’s really very sorry for his crimes and wishes he really hadn’t committed them and would never do such evil things again.....

To your Peter Sutcliffe question, he is in jail, which is what happens to British criminals, they get jail. In the current context - Begum goes through the same British process, gets convicted on charges and goes to jail.

She is guilty of going against the terrorism act. MI5 etc probably have other evidence too, as do those unwilling victims of ISIS who are still alive.

The out of sight out of mind approach whilst appealing, doesn’t address the issues around our obligations internationally, to ourselves or to others we have inflicted her upon and our future security, most of all.

Her baby died of pneumonia 2 days ago in Syria which is very sad whatever she has done. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, newjez said:

Did your wife enjoy the day?

I didn't tell her. She has enough to worry about with the washing, ironing etc...

• Haha 2