RRV Options availble to me?

Nurrishd

Quick back story:

Arrived in Australia September 2011 on a working holiday visa. 

Found employment and was sponsored for a 457 visa 6 months later.  Was then sponsored for my resident visa in 2014 which was granted in November 2014.

I left Australia May 2015 due to my partner at the time being denied an extension of her visa.  So we left and headed to New Zealand where I lived up until June last year.  After the break up I moved back to my home country England

My Permanent Australian visa has an expiry of November this year and due to working here now I may not be able to get back to avoid it expiring.

I do intend to settle down in Australia sometime next year.

What are my options too keep this a possibility?

Thanks

The success of an RRV application will depend on the nature of your ties and how well you demonstrate them. The only sure way to maintain your PR status is to return before your permanent visa expires. I would get some professional advice based on your specific circumstances. 

Edited by paulhand

31 minutes ago, Nurrishd said:

So to be clear in my mind, If arrived back before my expiry I would need to stay in the country until I can apply for citizenship without being able to leave?

You would need to arrive back before expiry, then stay in the country long enough to fulfil the "2 years in 5 years" rule. Then you could apply for another RRV.

If you don't arrive back before expiry, then it's likely you'll lose your right to return altogether - because in your current circumstances, I can't see why they'd give you an RRV at all.    A job is not regarded as a valid reason for not making the move.  The vast majority of migrants arrive in Australia without a job to go to, because it's so difficult to get a job offer while you're overseas. Besides, to get a RRV you must demonstrate "ties to Australia" - and you have none.

Edited by Marisawright

2 hours ago, AwdAmr said:

Hi Marisa

How do we demonstrate ties to Australia? Can you give us some examples please? Ignore if you are not the right person to ask.

Job offer, owning a house or proprerty, close family members (spouse/children), investments and bank accounts, that sort of thing.