First time Flights

dww101

Hello All

we are travelling of a family of 4 to Perth for the first time from Manchester.  

Currently I have found flight flying 30th December and returning 18th Jan with SingaporeAir for £2600. 

Not all flights are out yet. Would it be worth waiting for emirates etc to release their flights?

thank you in advance

I have flown quite a lot (Also to and from Manchester) and I would take those seats. Singapore Airlines is a far better airline than Emirates and those prices are good. Singapore is so easy to transfer as well. If you're not a frequent flyer and with kids especially it will be much easier than Dubai.

For the first flight from Manchester you will get the latest seat with a large (touchscreen) in flight entertainment screen and WIFI ( WIFI cost extra). You will also get USB and power sockets.

Screen-Shot-2016-10-24-at-7.22.31-PM.png

1526333885964.jpg

The second flight from Singapore to Perth you will get these seats (unless you're really unlucky and get the old plane that is flying around - it should be gone by then though)

On this flight you will get in flight entertainment (smaller screen and no touch), USB and Power sockets. No WIFI though.

This flight be upgraded to a new 787-10 or A350 and the seats will be like the but - but that is speculation at this time.

5249871705_9682edbf5b_b.jpg

SingaporeAirlinesBoeing777300EREconomyCl

Edited by JetBlast

I was not a fan of the airport in Dubai, toilet facilities seemed to be fairly limited, with fairly long queues for these on the flight out and on the way back.  Generally seemed busy and had a fair bit of construction ongoing.  Still I may just have been unlucky.  We were planning to use Singapore Airlines on our upcoming move out to Australia, but decided to break up the journey with a few weeks in the US.  Had a look at direct flights to Perth, but these looked prohibitively expensive, I think in the £3-£4k range if I remember correctly.  Then we would have had the internal flight also.  Though if our end destination was Perth I would have been tempted.  Hopefully as direct flights to Australia become more common they will drop in price.  Good luck!

Regards

BFB

4 hours ago, bigfishybob said:

Hopefully as direct flights to Australia become more common they will drop in price. 

It might not happen. The problem with the direct flights is the aircraft vary a lot of fuel. Because of the extra weight they have to burn lots of fuel to carry the extra fuel needed. 

14 hours ago, JetBlast said:

It might not happen. The problem with the direct flights is the aircraft vary a lot of fuel. Because of the extra weight they have to burn lots of fuel to carry the extra fuel needed. 

According to my husband this is balanced out by the height you can fly direct so burn less fuel,  against burning more fuel having to descend and take off plus the cost of landing fees etc with a stop on route and refueling. Think I got that right? 

I was just reading up on this.  Seems like it does have a high fuel cost per passenger which is a shame.  Looks like we may have direct flights to the east coast from 2022.  I would still be tempted if the price wasn't too steep, but it looks like a 50%+ premium at present, which is hard to justify when you could probably get Premium Economy indirect.  Apologies, drifting a little off topic...

Family of 4 booking direct with Qantas and flying direct (marginally cheaper returning a day later, but there was an option for the 18th Jan):

London (Heathrow) to Perth
Monday, 30 December 2019
Departs
11:55
Flight Duration
16h 50m
0 stops
Arrives
12:45 Tue
ECONOMY
  • Q Deal
  • Qantas flight QF10
  •  QF10 is subject to government and regulatory approval for departures between 28 October 2018 and 30 March 2019
Change this flight

Perth to London
Sunday, 19 January 2020
Select your return flight
Subtotal:
£2,261* GBP
  • 2 Adults
  • 2 Children

Actually quite reasonable. 

Regards

BFB