600 Visa while waiting for my 309/100

Ingers

Lovely PIOs !

We have decided to press ahead with plans to travel at the end of May.  House goes on the market today. Cats are due to be released from their Quarantine in Perth in June and up till a few weeks ago, I was pretty confident that my 309/100 would be through before I departed.  That is now looking a little dicey.

So my question is - What are the potential pitfalls I should be aware of if I apply for a Subclass 600 to travel to Aus on.  I am aware some of you have already done this and I would be interested in learning from your experiences so I am fully prepared!

Thanks so much !  😍

I’m one of those people.

so basically you need to be all over your immi account.... like we all are anyway lol!

in the event that your 309 is granted before you get your 600, you must cancel your 600 application immediately or it can override your 309 which you’ve been patiently waiting for!

i applied for 6months and got it within 48 hours. It’s multiple entry so after my trip outside of Oz in January the clock reset 😊😊

Thank@cep ! Was it the Tourist stream you applied for rather than the Family stream?

I don't think it would be possible to be more over the account than I already am! [emoji23][emoji23]. But wise advice to make sure I'm hovering over the cancel button.

I am guessing if I am granted a 600 and THEN the 309 is granted. The 309 then cancels out the 600. Would that be right?

That’s correct. And yes, tourist stream. 

I included a letter from my partner to say he would be providing accomodation and supporting me during my visit and 3 of his payslips.

within the application I stated what we would be doing- some visits to his family, and spending Christmas together 

That’s correct. And yes, tourist stream. 
I included a letter from my partner to say he would be providing accomodation and supporting me during my visit and 3 of his payslips.
within the application I stated what we would be doing- some visits to his family, and spending Christmas together 

Thanks! That's good information to have. [emoji16]