British child

Devonuk

More advice needed please! I am about to begin applying for my British husbands spousal visa 309/100. I am Australian and have 2 kids. 1 already has their Australian citizenship and passport and 1 hasn’t. Is it best that I get the other child’s citizenship sorted before applying for my husbands visa or will it be ok to do it at the same time? I’m just thinking will it look better on his visa that both of his kids already have citizenship? We have been together 17 years, married for 10 years. Thank you. It’s so daunting and I just don’t want to get it wrong! 

Thank you for your advice, my thoughts were the same. Only issue I see is I want to get the spousal app in ASAP as it takes so long and we aim to be there June/July 2020. The citizenship by descent takes about 4 months ( or so the website says), do you think if I put in the spousal visa app that the citizenship has been lodged it would still be ok? 

17 minutes ago, Rossmoyne said:

Personally I would be sorting your 2nd child's citizenship first as it would surely make your application for your husbands spousal visa stronger.

Why would it make any difference? They have been married for 17 years with 2 kids so from the info given he surely qualifies. No reason not to sort out both at the same time as far as i can see?

I did mine in parallel, then added the certificates of Citizenship by descent once they came through.  The chances of them getting to your case in the 6 weeks or so it will probably take are slim anyway, and even if they did, you can attach the application as evidence.  I wouldn't delay personally - who knows what happens to the cost etc in the meantime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devonuk said:

Thank you for your advice, my thoughts were the same. Only issue I see is I want to get the spousal app in ASAP as it takes so long and we aim to be there June/July 2020. The citizenship by descent takes about 4 months ( or so the website says), do you think if I put in the spousal visa app that the citizenship has been lodged it would still be ok? 

I agree with the posts above that suggest running these in parallel.

I’m in the middle of the application now, when I fill in his child details it asks for his Australian residency type. I’ve put my son as other but it doesn’t give me a chance to say that his citizenship application is ongoing. Will there be somewhere later for this to be input? 

Also I am having to apply for British citizenship to ensure I can get back into the uk if needed in the future as my ILR visa will have been revoked. I’ve not applied for it yet and have put down that I am citizen of no other country and hold no other passports, once I get the citizenship for UK will I need to then go back and update my application to answer yes to these questions? 

5 hours ago, Devonuk said:

I’m in the middle of the application now, when I fill in his child details it asks for his Australian residency type. I’ve put my son as other but it doesn’t give me a chance to say that his citizenship application is ongoing. Will there be somewhere later for this to be input? 

Also I am having to apply for British citizenship to ensure I can get back into the uk if needed in the future as my ILR visa will have been revoked. I’ve not applied for it yet and have put down that I am citizen of no other country and hold no other passports, once I get the citizenship for UK will I need to then go back and update my application to answer yes to these questions? 

- You can add it to your statutory declaration.

- Yes you will.