Queensland 190 - Skilled Nomination Programs Closed

MartinMwg

Hi

Could somebody please help clarify whether my nomination for a 190 visa will be processed.

I submitted an EOI 3 weeks ago and I received an email on the 7th of Feb 2019 titled 'Queensland Nomination - Invitation to lodge an application'. I paid the 'Invitation Lodgement' fee on the 7th of Feb 2019 also. I uploaded all of the documents today on the 8th of Feb 2019.

I now see that BSMQ have posted on their web-site that:

'Queensland business and skilled state nomination programs are now closed'.

8 February 2019

By Official BSMQ

Queensland has now closed state nomination for all business and skilled visas (submitted through SkillSelect) from today 8 February 2019.

No further invitations will be issued from this date. BSMQ will continue to process applications which have been already invited for state nomination prior to this date until our quota is exhausted.

BSMQ will re-open the State Nomination Program in the new financial year. Please submit a new EOI after the new occupation lists have been released in July. We will not select any submitted EOI’s prior to this time.

Does this mean that my application is safe and that it will be processed or will I have to wait until July when they re-open 190 Visa applications?

If I do have to wait, when will they calculate my age? I am 40 in late March and would loose the 10 points I need to get 65 points if my age was calculated from July 1st.

Comments very much appreciated as I am really worried that I may have missed out.

Thanks

I think your first answer is in their announcement:

"BSMQ will continue to process applications which have been already invited for state nomination prior to this date until our quota is exhausted."

Your age (and other points) are calculated at the time of invitation to apply for the visa, so you need the nomination first.

Hi Paul

Many thanks for getting back to me.

I think my partner and I are suffering from paranoia! lol There have been so many hurdles that my partner has had to overcome that it just wouldn't surprise me if she failed at the last hurdle again!

I feel that the BSMQ message is not clear enough given that there are different levels of invitation. My partner has issued her EOI and had an email inviting her to apply and after that I understand she will receive another 'Invitation' asking her to finalise/complete her application. She has paid the fee and uploaded the documents etc.

We were hoping to celebrate this weekend and are a little flat because you can never be sure with this type of thing and have been stung before. The message should be more clear I feel.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

M