You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

BarryCowdrill

457 to Partners - What bridging visa do you get?

Hi there,

Further to a question many answered the other day. I am on a 457 visa, which runs out on the 19th September 2019. I am about to submit my partner visa and have questions about what bridging visa I would move on to. Had a look online and there doesn't seem to be a lot of information about this scenario.

Some say that I would be on the same conditions as my work visa, even though that would have expired and that I would therefore have to stay with the same employer. Is that the case? Does anyone else have any similar experience to my situation as I'm kinda feeling like a unicorn at the moment - surely others have come on a 457, fallen in love and then applied for the partner visa to stay?

All input would be gratefully received!

Cheers

Partner application bridging visas come with nil conditions. You need to ensure that you wait for your 457 to expire; if it is cancelled, so is your bridging visa. 

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation.