Sign in to follow this  
Guest helenthompson51

Human resources skills assessment NEW

Guest helenthompson51

Hi New to the site. Just posted off my skills assessment to AIMS today - does anyone know how long it will take? It;s for Human Resource skills.

Also, does anyone have any ideas on what it is like to find a job in HR either HR Manager, Head of HR or HR Business Partner and what the salaries etc are?

We would be on regional sponsored visa which means we can live in:

South Australia

Queensland

Tasmania

We are looking at Adelaide - are we on the right track?

Guest helenandsam

HI.

Sorry, I have no answers for you, but I'm in the same position - looking at HR work in Australia, probably in Sydney or Brisbane. Have you looked into the transferrability and translation of UK / Oz employment law? I'd be interested in your take on it. I'm not sure whether to go for a lower level position (currently I'm HR manager) just to get used to the cultural differences.

Guest elise

I was wondering if either of you were successful in finding an HR position in Australia? I am just starting the skills assessment process for my visa application and I have been told it is very difficult to get a successful assessment against the HR manager (60 points) due to me not having an number of HR report (which you tend not to have as an HR Business Partner). Did either of you experience such difficulties? Any advice you could give me? I could apply for the Personnel Officer (50 points) but then i would be ten points short of the 120 required for a skilled migrant visa.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi and

3596242164ac17e01c9813e789bf7bdc.gif

Dan xx

Hi and welcome to poms in oz Helen, good luck with your applciation

Tania X

Is looking forward to the future and all what it holds:biggrin:

I was wondering if either of you were successful in finding an HR position in Australia? I am just starting the skills assessment process for my visa application and I have been told it is very difficult to get a successful assessment against the HR manager (60 points) due to me not having an number of HR report (which you tend not to have as an HR Business Partner). Did either of you experience such difficulties? Any advice you could give me? I could apply for the Personnel Officer (50 points) but then i would be ten points short of the 120 required for a skilled migrant visa.

Any advice would be much appreciated

Hi and welcome to the forum, perhaps if you start your own thread, you will probably get more replies on this subject

Best of luck

Tania X:wubclub:

Is looking forward to the future and all what it holds:biggrin: