When to book removals?

roomummy

I can't believe our relocation back home is now just 8months away! We have been planning this for nearly 2 years [emoji38]

We plan on flying in September...When should we book our house removals? Pets vaccination have started, horses being pre-vetted for travel. Now to prepare the humans [emoji16]

On 06/02/2019 at 20:30, roomummy said:

I can't believe our relocation back home is now just 8months away! We have been planning this for nearly 2 years emoji38.png

We plan on flying in September...When should we book our house removals? Pets vaccination have started, horses being pre-vetted for travel. Now to prepare the humans emoji16.png

Lucky you, having all that time to prepare. We have just sold our house (if it doesn’t fall through) and hope to fly April this year. Nothing booked yet..... hoping to make a decision on the dogs flights in the next two weeks, although have applied for their permits already.

most of the shipping companies require at least 4 weeks so you have plenty time to get quotes and get organised. We had a good clear out last year but still looking at a 40ft container. We are moving to Perth.

good luck with everything, I’m sure it will all go to plan

Thanks for the reply, we had an enormous clear out last year after we sold our house then moved to a rental. Everything in the rental is going with us. I even updated a few things. I think we will also be using a 40ft container. I just have the daunting task of managing the logistics and doing things in the right order. Good luck with your move!

• 1 month later...

Get the quotes and ask the question. It will depend on the time of year and other factors like how fast you want it to happen door to door as some ships are faster than others. 

8 months is loads of time to sort the shipping though. 

Curious as to why you think you need a 40 footer after de cluttering though. Either a massive load or adding a car. We shipped loads in a 20 foot and shipped a car separate via ferry. Worked out cheaper and more convenient in the end. 

• 1 month later...