Citizenship Test in UK (London) then Citizenship Cermony

jadee

Evening everyone.

I have been searching for an answer for a while on here, but to no avail 😞 

I was wondering if anyone has sat the citizenship test back in the UK?

What was the process? 

How did you get on with becoming a citizen i.e completing the ceremony after sitting the test in the UK?

I'm conscious that the timeline is getting longer and longer from applying for citizenship, getting invited for the test/ interview then having the ceremony so this I feel is a pressing issue with people having ties in the UK.

Many thanks 😀

Hi Starlight7, I hope you are well!

Sorry I may not have been clear.

Of course, I understand the strict requirements before even being eligible to able for apply for citizenship, I just wanted to know if anyone has sat the test in England possibly due to commitments in the UK, after applying for citizenship.

The wait from submission to test is upto 20 months now I believe therefore I feel that there will be lots of people who apply for citizenship, then need to return home for whatever reason thus sitting the test in London.

Any help would be great! Cheers Jade

54 minutes ago, jadee said:

How did you get on with becoming a citizen i.e completing the ceremony after sitting the test in the UK?

You sit the test, you pass or fail.
If you pass you apply for citizenship, with your pass cert and other docs.
If you get accepted you get invited in for the ceremony.  At Islington you can pre apply for the passport, I think it arrived 4 days after the ceremony!

More info here.

https://www.islington.gov.uk/birth-death-marriage-and-citizenship/nationality-and-citizenship/citizenship-ceremonies

Hi Unzippy thank you for your reply.

Just regarding the logistics- Did you update your immi account when you left to return back to England with your UK address?

Did you have to apply for a RRV?

How did you request to sit the test in London? 

I'm presuming once you passed in London, you then got invited for a ceremony back in Oz? 

Cheers Jade

12 hours ago, jadee said:

Hi Unzippy thank you for your reply.

Just regarding the logistics- Did you update your immi account when you left to return back to England with your UK address?

Did you have to apply for a RRV?

How did you request to sit the test in London? 

I'm presuming once you passed in London, you then got invited for a ceremony back in Oz? 

Cheers Jade

As Unzippy said above that was referring to his wife's British citizenship.  As far as I know you can't sit the Australian citizenship test in England.

Hi guys, thank you for your help.

Really- I was under the impression that you could sit the test in London?

I just think it's a stretch now with the waiting time? Anything can happen surely?

Any advances on this would be great! Thanks Jade