Australian study requirement issue/confusion due to advanced standing credit

TG24

Hello Everyone,

I hope you everyone is having a great time!

I am in dire need of some help/suggestion as i am really confused about my whole situation which is explained below :

I completed a Master's degree in Information systems from a renowned Australian University. I had total of 16 units in my course but during my last semester, I was granted 2 (up on request) advance standing credit from my previous Master's degree (MBA overseas). My overseas degree was 100% English instructed but Non-CRICOS registered.
As a result, I completed 14 units at Latrobe. I was attending classes for all 4 semesters and was in Australia for more than 92 weeks / 16 months. My completion letter says 104 weeks of registered course. 

However, I have been advised by some agents that i do not fulfil ASR (Australian study requirement) and need to study Master's again. I did received my Temporary 485 visa but i am worried about ACS assesment and PR .

Did anybody have been through this experience before and is there any way out of this? I just credit for a subject which i had already done before.

P.S : My university won't be taking back the credit or add the unit in my degree if i do it separately. I have had several talks with them already.

Please advise

9 hours ago, TG24 said:

Hello Everyone,

I hope you everyone is having a great time!

I am in dire need of some help/suggestion as i am really confused about my whole situation which is explained below :

I completed a Master's degree in Information systems from a renowned Australian University. I had total of 16 units in my course but during my last semester, I was granted 2 (up on request) advance standing credit from my previous Master's degree (MBA overseas). My overseas degree was 100% English instructed but Non-CRICOS registered.
As a result, I completed 14 units at Latrobe. I was attending classes for all 4 semesters and was in Australia for more than 92 weeks / 16 months. My completion letter says 104 weeks of registered course. 

However, I have been advised by some agents that i do not fulfil ASR (Australian study requirement) and need to study Master's again. I did received my Temporary 485 visa but i am worried about ACS assesment and PR .

Did anybody have been through this experience before and is there any way out of this? I just credit for a subject which i had already done before.

P.S : My university won't be taking back the credit or add the unit in my degree if i do it separately. I have had several talks with them already.

Please advise

If you have been granted a subclass 485 visa, you have been assessed as meeting the Australian Study Requirement, as this is one of the criteria.

When you say you were advised "by some Agents", are you referring to Registered Migration Agents or a Education Agents? It would seem unusual that you are being advised to do another Masters, after having already completed 2.