register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Ukhan

Single person move to NT ....

Hi everyone,

I will be applying for my NT nomination, I am single woman i would like to know how safe it is to live alone, what are the safest suburbs to live in. what i can do to stay socially active any forums, places where i can get quick acquaintances. I have no friend living in NT so how can i get some real information about life in NT can any one help here. Internet information is too confusing everywhere i find mixed reviews. 

Thanks 

UKhan

Personally I would not wish to live in Darwin as a single woman

• Like 2

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Had a mate who lived there for a few years, she was single at the time. Had a good government job so could afford a decent home in a good area.

She has always described it as an "interesting experience". She's a pretty tough cookie, and always gave as good as she got. She said there's a lot of sexist attitudes stlll, and its a tough life in a harsh climate. Not one for the faint hearted. Shes one to make what sh can of hings and got involved in various clubs pretty fast but she said she had to do all the running, they don't come to you offering friendship with open arms. 

• Like 1