Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

JohnDoug

Any Landscape Architects or Architects applying for 189

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Just want to find out if there are any Landscape Architects or Architects on here that have applied for a 189 since 1st July 2018? From what we have gathered so far is that it is not an occupation that is in demand at all in Oz but it is on the MLTSSL and we have been waiting for ages. Maybe I am missing something. We only have 70 points so maybe not enough for an invite.

Edited by JohnDoug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi,I have a same situation as you (65 point) and l 've been assessed in landscape architecture too. on 4th October I submitted my eoi... for 190 and 189 

how long do you think it gets to receive an invitation for me?do you have any idea about waiting time? 

thank you for your answering

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/02/2019 at 02:42, JohnDoug said:

Hi all,

Just want to find out if there are any Landscape Architects or Architects on here that have applied for a 189 since 1st July 2018? From what we have gathered so far is that it is not an occupation that is in demand at all in Oz but it is on the MLTSSL and we have been waiting for ages. Maybe I am missing something. We only have 70 points so maybe not enough for an invite.

How,long have you been waiting? All NPRs at 70 points before December 8 have been cleared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CivCdn said:

How,long have you been waiting? All NPRs at 70 points before December 8 have been cleared.

Thank you for you reply.

Our agent submitted our EOI in October 18 for 190 as we did not have enough points for 189. We passed the English test with superior score to gain extra points to get us up to 70. Agent amended EOI on the 9th Jan to a 189. It seems that very few if any at all with 70 points got an invitation 11/2/19 round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hami said:

hi,I have a same situation as you (65 point) and l 've been assessed in landscape architecture too. on 4th October I submitted my eoi... for 190 and 189 

how long do you think it gets to receive an invitation for me?do you have any idea about waiting time? 

thank you for your answering

 

Hi, are you using the services of a MARA agent? Based on all the data released by DOHA there has been no invitations for 189 with 65 points. Even 70 pointers are struggling. It seems the future trend will be 75 points or higher will receive invitations. Have you passed the English test with superior score? if not then do that as you will gain 10 more points to take you up to 75 then you should definitely get an invite. Good luck i hope you get invited soon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's very bad news man .I give 70 scores in pte exam last month so maybe I start again to give +79.

I thought few candidate in this field and I could easily get an invitation with 65 point. its very bad...

if you want, I'm glad to have your e-mail address.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hami said:

It's very bad news man .I give 70 scores in pte exam last month so maybe I start again to give +79.

I thought few candidate in this field and I could easily get an invitation with 65 point. its very bad...

if you want, I'm glad to have your e-mail address.

 

From our personal perspectives it is very bad but unfortunately the way it works is that we do not choose Australia but Australia chooses us. Since the points increase in July many people have had their dream of living down under shattered but from their ( DOHA ) point of view by increasing the threshold they get better candidates so it makes the job market more competitive and they have insure that the labour pool is highly skilled. 

We did PTE 4 times to get the extra points so just study and do it and you will get an invite. 

Edited by JohnDoug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CivCdn said:

Did you receive a 190 nomination from NSW? Someone on immittacker at 70 points did.

Hi, yes we did receive nomination this morning. Just after I replied to your post our MARA agent called to say that we received an invitation. Was losing hope there for a second as we are not far off for losing points for age, turning 40 soon. Feels like an enormous weight has been lifted off our shoulders. Absolutely ecstatic at the moment.  

Edited by JohnDoug
  • Congratulations 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/02/2019 at 18:32, hami said:

hi,I have a same situation as you (65 point) and l 've been assessed in landscape architecture too. on 4th October I submitted my eoi... for 190 and 189 

how long do you think it gets to receive an invitation for me?do you have any idea about waiting time? 

thank you for your answering

 

Hi Hami, 

A bit off topic but have you done your masters in LA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes. in beheshti,tehran, Iran. with high score

is it important to give invitation?

Edited by hami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hami said:

yes. in beheshti,tehran, Iran. with high score

is it important to give invitation?

Yes, you have a better chance with a masters degree. But very important is superior English and as said before you will most certainly get an invitation with the 10 extra points to take you up to 75. How many times have you taken PTE?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 time.😶. End of the next month I do it .yes, it's better.

Edited by hami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, hami said:

1 time.😶. End of the next month I do it .yes, it's better.

For most people ( including native English speakers ) the first time will only get them a proficient score. It is worth going the extra mile and getting the extra 10 points with a superior score. It might just make all the difference 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

congratulations....I wish you get your visa as soon as possible...😁😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×