Spreadsheet crew does Shipping

Katiebobbles

Hi Everyone!

So nice we are all on this survivor group now haha! Having a whirlwind few weeks at present. Just back from activating my visa in Aus, had an interview whilst over there and thought nothing of it but have been offered the job to start on 5th August - eek! We were planning on moving over in January 2020 but decided there isn't really anything stopping us heading back. 

I feel I can have a bit of a outpouring in this group as we are all going through the same thing, such a great help. I've got to get our house on the market, sort shipping and also sort the cat out (the thought of her scared in the hold of the plane before being in quarantine makes me feel sick to my stomach right now!). We also applied for my husband's british citizenship so need to look at rules surrounding how long he can be out of the country for whilst this is being processed as takes up to 6 months. Can't even think about saying bye to family right now...

Anyway vent over...

This thread is really helpful. We have a 2 bed house that has fitted wardrobes, so just need to ship over 2 beds, 2 sofas, a coffee table, 2 big lamps and all standard belongings. Can anyone advise if this sounds like something Move Cube could accommodate or would I need a 20ft container?

GUTTED to hear about the alcohol rule, we have some wedding wine and champagne plus a really special bottle of tawny port that we were saving for a special occasion!! Maybe I stick this in my checked in luggage?!

Lovely to hear everyone is progressing nicely, fingers crossed those of you waiting for  a house sale have some luck very soon 🙂

Hey@LottyC .. congrats on the grant and job offer that's amazing ....
It's so strange isn't it .... all that when will the grant come gets replaced by oh cr@p we actually have to move and the enormity of that.....
Best thing I have ever seen is someone set up a spare room with tape the size of the move cube and they tried to fit what they wanted in the space ... sorry cant be more help ....
Where ru heading???
Congrats again
X

Hi @Jon the Hat

Fingers crossed our sale goes through this month. Top tip- we used an online agent but paid for our own property photographer- best £240 we've ever spent- the house looked amazing in the pictures.

Just a thought that hadn't ever occurred to me until I heard/ stole the idea off someone else! 

Edited by LJB
Error

We have great photos done by a pro also, and using a normal agent with negotiated fee.  Not sure whether worth it, but there has been a perfectly nice house on Purple Bricks for a year not far away...
Yeh we got the photos done professionally too ... second time round.... they were tonnes better .....
All crossed the market picks up for you soon

Thanks @Katiebobbles, yes just as you overcome one type of stress another kicks in! We feel the move is pretty serendipitous now as we were about to put the house on the market and my cousin’s brother-in-law came for a look and wants to buy it as a private sale - don’t want to count our chickens just yet though...

Hadn’t even thought about setting out the cube space. From the dimensions it feels like it doesn’t give much room but I’ll deinitely give it a try! 🙂

We’re heading to Warrnambool, end of great ocean road. It is a lot different to Leeds but with Melbourne only 3 hours away, we’ll be able to get a big city fix when we want it. How about you?

Edited by LottyC

Anyone heard anything good or bad about The Moving Partnership? They’ve given a decent quote for a shared container (we’re in no rush as have a furnished unit owned by friends to move into) but always good to hear feedback. Will share on the other group as well..

1 hour ago, LottyC said:

Anyone heard anything good or bad about The Moving Partnership? They’ve given a decent quote for a shared container (we’re in no rush as have a furnished unit owned by friends to move into) but always good to hear feedback. Will share on the other group as well..

Never heard of them.

• 3 weeks later...

We've had 3 quotes now for the partial shipping of our 3 bed house (we're going to keep it and rent it out). London > Sydney. All quotes in the region of £2K for a shared 20' container (John Mason, Pickfords and Bournes). We have opted for John Mason in the end. Seeing as I plan to make the most of our office printer, what useful documents would people recommend keeping back from being loaded into a big metal box, heading out to sea.... for a long time... print outs of our visas, driving licences and various ID? Any other ideas, most welcome! 

10 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

How are plans going team?  We are still trying to sell so no movement our end.  I blame Jeremy Corbyn.

Were sold subject to contracts so all go, my business in process of being sold too, tickets booked for 6th September and container coming 19th August 🤪 so much going on it's hard to keep up.... hope you sell soon 😖 market seems to be picking up although there's still a lot of uncertainty out there 😶 

Fingers crossed for you.

Congrats on the sstc ... we r there too ..... crte on July 1st and fly 2 weeks later..... cant believe we are finally here .... seems like its been forever we have been waiting
@JonTheHat hope you get a bite soon .... is does seem to be moving a bit now .... could u switch agents maybe???

Were sold subject to contracts so all go, my business in process of being sold too, tickets booked for 6th September and container coming 19th August [emoji2957] so much going on it's hard to keep up.... hope you sell soon [emoji37] market seems to be picking up although there's still a lot of uncertainty out there [emoji55] 
Fingers crossed for you.

17 minutes ago, Katiebobbles said:

Congrats on the sstc ... we r there too ..... crte on July 1st and fly 2 weeks later..... cant believe we are finally here .... seems like its been forever we have been waiting
@JonTheHat hope you get a bite soon .... is does seem to be moving a bit now .... could u switch agents maybe???

Exciting times Katie your so close now, they've had some rough weather so far this winter and it's only just started 😏 even snow where they don't generally get it 😱 

Where are you heading Perth ?? 

Exciting times Katie your so close now, they've had some rough weather so far this winter and it's only just started [emoji57] even snow where they don't generally get it [emoji33] 

No brisbane .... its cold but no snow ... hoping the sun will re-appear before we get there!!!!! Super exciting ..... just cant believe its really here!!!

10 hours ago, Katiebobbles said:
10 hours ago, Kung-Fu Koala said:
Exciting times Katie your so close now, they've had some rough weather so far this winter and it's only just started emoji57.png even snow where they don't generally get it emoji33.png 

No brisbane .... its cold but no snow ... hoping the sun will re-appear before we get there!!!!! Super exciting ..... just cant believe its really here!!!

Lovely area, only a few weeks now 🤗 I'm excited and were 12 weeks away so I can imagine how you feel. Process seems to take so long and then all of a sudden that's it time to go. 

So hard leaving all the family and friends but much easier now to communicate,  Skype - Duo - WhatsApp

41 minutes ago, Kung-Fu Koala said:

Process seems to take so long and then all of a sudden that's it time to go. 

So true. There was definitely a moment when it all suddenly became very real. We've got the movers booked next Monday and flights booked in early July.

Lovely area, only a few weeks now [emoji847] I'm excited and were 12 weeks away so I can imagine how you feel. Process seems to take so long and then all of a sudden that's it time to go. 
So hard leaving all the family and friends but much easier now to communicate,  Skype - Duo - WhatsApp
How exciting ..... where ru heading
Hey@five yeh super soon .... hope ur more organised than me!!!!!

32 minutes ago, Katiebobbles said:

How exciting ..... where ru heading
Hey@five yeh super soon .... hope ur more organised than me!!!!!

Melbourne. We actually seem pretty organised at the moment, which makes me wonder what we've forgotten! The decluttering process has been going on for a couple of years though, so I think that's helped enormously. The amount of stuff you collect over the years is quite shocking.