Duel citizen passport confusion

Dartmoorqueen

So me and my partner have decided to move back to England as we aren’t enjoying to much out here and it’s basically just not for us. He has come out on a permanent residency visa so he just needs to use his English passport but I’m slightly confused as how I’m to go about it. 

Im not sure which passport to book my ticket with, which passport to show at different times and I wanted to know if anyone has had any trouble travelling with two passports and what I should excpect because if heard it’s pretty stressful. 

Thank you in advance :)

Not stressful at all. For travelling to the UK put your UK passport details on the airline booking. Leave Australia with your Australian passport, enter UK with your UK passport. Simple. 

Anytime you return to Australia you put the Australian details on the airline booking and enter with the Australian passport. You should always leave and enter Australia on your Australian passport. 

Just a thought many people move move back without considering they may return. It can be worth looking into RRV for your husband or even citizenship if possible. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, calNgary said:

Personally i (and hubby / kids) have only ever used my Aussie passport to leave Aus and enter the Uk, then vice versa when returning. I've never been stopped or questioned at either end.

Cal x

Yes but you were visiting the UK  then not returning to live. Best to enter on UK passports for that as your Ais passport will be stamped with a visit visa. 

Uk isn’t as fussy as Australia regarding this as many countries can enter without getting a visa beforehand. Not the case with Australia. You must have a visa or Australian passport to enter. 

We travel on our Australian passports now to save taking both, but we are returning to Australia not settling in the UK. 

• Like 2

On 30/01/2019 at 15:45, Dartmoorqueen said:

So me and my partner have decided to move back to England as we aren’t enjoying to much out here and it’s basically just not for us. He has come out on a permanent residency visa so he just needs to use his English passport but I’m slightly confused as how I’m to go about it. 

Im not sure which passport to book my ticket with, which passport to show at different times and I wanted to know if anyone has had any trouble travelling with two passports and what I should excpect because if heard it’s pretty stressful. 

Thank you in advance 🙂

From your other post you claim to have been here less than a year, what passport did you come here on?  do you have an Australian passport? then you must have entered on it so you have to leave on it, then obviously use your uk one to re enter UK. Don’t really see your problem, unless you have had an Australian passport issued since you came or do you have another passport from another country which would explain what you are confused about,  post what passports you have and we will try to help you.

Also I’m sorry but reference your other post complaining about the heat, there are about 9 months of the year that the weather is lovely here.

Edited by ramot

I’m so sorry I was confused iv not travelled much? I just wanted to be sure. And I am pretty sure I’m allowed to have an opinion on if I like the heat or not. Also I’d like to point out on that other post I was specificilly talking about Queensland Sydney’s weather was lovely I said I wasn’t trying to offend any one honestly don’t know why I started this account everyone is being so rude about my opinion I wasn’t trying to hurt anyone’s feelings. 

51 minutes ago, Dartmoorqueen said:

I’m so sorry I was confused iv not travelled much? I just wanted to be sure. And I am pretty sure I’m allowed to have an opinion on if I like the heat or not. Also I’d like to point out on that other post I was specificilly talking about Queensland Sydney’s weather was lovely I said I wasn’t trying to offend any one honestly don’t know why I started this account everyone is being so rude about my opinion I wasn’t trying to hurt anyone’s feelings. 

Don’t take it personally! Some folk get their knickers in a knot when anyone complains about the “perfect” weather. Each to their own! I can’t stand the heat either! 

Passports are easy - leave Australia on an Aussie one then put it in your bag and use your U.K. one for the rest of the trip. Don’t enter U.K. on your foreign passport because they’ll slap you with a 6 month visitor visa and that can lead to a bureaucratic snaggle at some point. I can’t recall inputting any passport detail when booking flights.   Bon Voyage!

Edited by Quoll

1 hour ago, Dartmoorqueen said:

Didn’t mean to upset you,  but I live on the Sunshine Coast and just couldn’t agree with you about the weather, but I realise you haven’t lived here very long, so might not have experienced the different seasons here. Australia isn’t for everyone, 

I found it a bit difficult to understand your passport worries, as it was assumed your other passport was Australian and that you had travelled using both when you came. Hope you are sorted now, and good luck for your return to UK.