Nursing in Australia

Kriss

Please can someome help me. My partner was not the main applicant so she didnt do an ielts. She is english and has a Bsc nursing degree and is registered with the nursing and midwifey Council in England. Can she register in australia without ielts. She has a spouse visa. 

This is a copy of the new AHPRA registration standards for March 1st 2019. So if your wife is educated only from the UK, I think she does not need to do the IELTS.

What must I do?

If you are applying for initial registration you must demonstrate your English language competency in one of the following ways:

1.    English is your primary language and:

a.     you have attended and satisfactorily completed at least six years of primary and secondary education taught and assessed solely in English in a recognised country, including at least two years between years 7 and 12, and

b.     your tertiary qualification in the relevant professional discipline, which you are relying on to support your eligibility for registration under the National Law was taught and assessed solely in English in a recognised country and:

i.        in the case of a registered nurse and/ or midwife, you must provide evidence of having successfully completed at least a two (2) years full-time equivalent pre-registration program of study approved by the recognised nursing and/or midwifery regulatory body in a recognised country.

ii.        in the case of an enrolled nurse, you must provide evidence of having successfully completed at least a one year full-time equivalent pre-registration program of study approved by the recognised nursing and/or midwifery regulatory body in a recognised country.

2.   Registered nurses and midwives

If you are applying for registration as a registered nurse and/or midwife, you must provide evidence that you have successfully completed at least five (5) years (full-time equivalent) continuous education taught and assessed solely in English, in a recognised country, which includes tertiary qualifications in the relevant professional discipline which you are relying on to support your eligibility for registration under the National Law

The Board will only accept the successful completion of five (5) years (full-time equivalent) continuous education that is a combination of:

a)        tertiary and secondary education taught and assessed in English; or

b)        tertiary and vocational education taught and assessed in English; or

c)        combined tertiary, secondary and vocational education taught and assessed in English; or

d)       tertiary education taught and assessed in English

The last period of education must have been completed no more than five years prior to applying for registration.

Hi so my partner wants to register with AHPRA for a registered nurse from the uk. She has a spouse visa as I’m the main applicant. She can’t find the right form on the AHPRA web site. Degree was done in the uk and she is currency registered with MMC and we are still in English, moving to oz in April. Can anyone  help with which application form she needs or a link. 

This would be very much appreciated 

kriss