Partner visa - start date of 12 months living together?

tom1993

Hi everyone,

Just looking for an opinion on whether this is ok to use as our start date for living together;

I moved in with my partner in April 2018 and the only proof we have of this is her e mailing the agency asking if I can move in with her.

The agency replied back saying something along the lines of : “yes I have spoken with the landlord and your partner is allowed to live in the house as a permitted occupier”

However I didn’t pay rent until June as I was still locked into a lease at my old place. Then in August we opened a joint bank account and we have paid joint rent/groceries/meals etc from that ever since.

They didn’t put me on the lease so I guess the only evidence of me moving into the house is that e mail from the agency? Is that good enough evidence to use as the start date of us living together?

Your bank statements from that time showing the address, your driving license will show the address and will show date issued which should be just after you moved in, evidence of mail redirection. I think you’d need more than an email but you’d have proof of address change in other ways 

Edited by Tulip1

Thanks for all your input.

I think we will just wait until August when we have paid rent from our joint account for 12 months as we don’t have many documents with earlier dates on there, don’t want to risk wasting 7k over an few extra months.

• Like 1

Living together is not sufficient to satisfy immi that a de facto relationship exists, especially a genuine relationship.

It is possible to satisfy the 'genuine de facto relationship; criterion without having lived together at all -this strategy has worked, but. is not recommended

Living together is not sufficient to satisfy immi that a de facto relationship exists, especially a genuine relationship.
It is possible to satisfy the 'genuine de facto relationship; criterion without having lived together at all -this strategy has worked, but. is not recommended

Yes I understand, from what I have read though the living together for 12 months is the main minimum requirement?

We have loads of holidays together/travel, pics with families, joint account, savings account together, Christmas cards, presents, receipts, cards and much more.

I think we may write our wills soon to add to the evidence.