You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Mel.b

Dog failing rabies test

Has anyone’s dog failed their rabies test after being vaccinated? Just got the results back from the vets and Cooper hasn’t passed his 😫 apparently big dogs, male dogs and dogs under 12mths are most likely to fail and Cooper fits 2/3 of these (big & male). Fortunatly i have enough time (just!) to get him redone, wait 3 weeks to re-test and then start the 180 day countdown for our planned export date.

We dont have any time constraints but yes our puppy failed the first blood test. We had him re-vaccinated a few days ago and our vet assures us he will pass this time but I have read many occasions where it can take 3 attempts or more

Our dog also fits two of those three criteria (male and under 12 Months) so I won't be holding my breath!

:evilface_frowning_s

Well he's had his vaccination again  a few days ok, so fingers crossed. If he fails again then I'm really screwed. 😧

Completly devistated - just had word back from my vets that Cooper has not passed his second vaccination 😢😢😢 his level now is 0.44. I’m completly screwed as i have flights booked for Aug and now he can’t come until mid Oct at the earliest. I really wish i had been aware prior to starting the vaccination process that this could happen. 

Does anyone know if the vets can administer a double dose of vaccination? I feel that his first level must have been so low and he’s a big dog (50kg) that this should have been considered.