489 Visa Medical

db100

Hi,

Earlier this month I submitted my visa application for a 489, sponsored by South Australia.  Having submitted and paid, I now have a link on my immi account profile to generate the letter with HAP ID to arrange a medical.  Should I do this now or is it better to wait for CO contact to request these?

I applied for my SA 489 in late October, had the medical mid November and got a grant mid Jan - very soon after a CO was assigned.

You have to enter Australia 12 months after the medical and/or Police check was issued. You run the risk of running out of time but it might pay off.

It doesn't speed up the process, but can cause issues if there are delays in processing. Hence, I recommend you wait till requested. 
I disagree with this based on my experience. If I hadn't of uploaded it up front when they assigned my CO and reviewed my case they would have requested it instead of granting the visa.

31 minutes ago, JetBlast said:
4 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:
It doesn't speed up the process, but can cause issues if there are delays in processing. Hence, I recommend you wait till requested. 

I disagree with this based on my experience. If I hadn't of uploaded it up front when they assigned my CO and reviewed my case they would have requested it instead of granting the visa.

Yes your right, it probably saves you a few weeks, but can significantly reduce the amount of time in which you have to make your first entry.  For some, this means an additional validation trip and undue expense.

6 minutes ago, ali said:

Yes your right, it probably saves you a few weeks, but can significantly reduce the amount of time in which you have to make your first entry.  For some, this means an additional validation trip and undue expense.

Agreed. 

The reason I did mine so soon was simply time. I didn't want to do it before Christmas and my schedule is quite full at the moment so didn't want another full day to fit in.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys, just looking for some advise. I had recently applied for 489 regional. As far as I know some people moved to a different area then the EOI was, still regional but different one.
Any idea?
What are you asking please?

If you don't meeting the conditions of your 489 and come to apply for an 887 there is a very high chance it won't be granted and will need to lease Australia when the 4 year 489 expires.

2 hours ago, JetBlast said:

What are you asking please?

If you don't meeting the conditions of your 489 and come to apply for an 887 there is a very high chance it won't be granted and will need to lease Australia when the 4 year 489 expires.

Yes I know....I mean, I have an invitation for murray (nsw). What about after grant the visa I go to another regional area different from murray but still regional

Rick

1 hour ago, JetBlast said:
1 hour ago, Rick92 said:
Yes I know....I mean, I have an invitation for murray (nsw). What about after grant the visa I go to another regional area different from murray but still regional
Rick

No you can't do that.

You will need to proceed to the state under the condition of the visa 489 that was granted to you. 

On 30/01/2019 at 06:09, JetBlast said:

Agreed. 

The reason I did mine so soon was simply time. I didn't want to do it before Christmas and my schedule is quite full at the moment so didn't want another full day to fit in.

Just asking, so...

for example, Police check and Medical Assessment was done on Feb 2019 and Visa was issued on Mar 2019.

The deadline to enter Australia for activating the visa is 12 months from Feb 2019 or Mar 2019?

17 hours ago, Joesline said:

Just asking, so...

for example, Police check and Medical Assessment was done on Feb 2019 and Visa was issued on Mar 2019.

The deadline to enter Australia for activating the visa is 12 months from Feb 2019 or Mar 2019?

From the February usually.  My police check and medicals were done in the may and we were granted in the July.  Our first entry had to be made by Mid May … (12 months from the medical which was the earliest) - so that gave us 10 months to validate our visa.  Had we front loaded (we'd applied in the December), we'd have only had 5 months to validate

On 15/02/2019 at 08:15, Rick92 said:

Rick

The question it will boil down to is: “Did you have an intention of moving to Murray NSW at time of your application/your arrival?” 

If one applied to a region knowing full well they wouldn’t live there, then that’s not good. Also not fair to those who don’t just apply to an area other than the one they desire, for the sole reason of  getting into the country.

Edited by CivCdn