Don't know where to begin

Cathy77

Hi, just wondered if anyone could give me some advice? Want to look into emigrating to oz from UK and have looked on government websites etc but really don't know where to begin. My brother lives in Sydney. I lived there for just under a year 12 years ago. Really feel like now is the time to make the move. I'm a little on the old side so I know it won't be easy but it's now or never. Does anyone have any advice on what my first steps should be please? A few people have mentioned contacting an agent. Any recommendations? Any help would be great. Thanks

1 minute ago, Cathy77 said:

Hi, just wondered if anyone could give me some advice? Want to look into emigrating to oz from UK and have looked on government websites etc but really don't know where to begin. My brother lives in Sydney. I lived there for just under a year 12 years ago. Really feel like now is the time to make the move. I'm a little on the old side so I know it won't be easy but it's now or never. Does anyone have any advice on what my first steps should be please? A few people have mentioned contacting an agent. Any recommendations? Any help would be great. Thanks

What visa did you have when you lived here?

What skills do you have/what is yur job?

How old are you?

Not much call for primary teachers especially not in the places that people actually want to live as there are thousands of out of work young Aussie teachers who are going to be cheaper than an experienced foreigner (more experience=more pay=more stress on a self managed school). Check out which states might still be sponsoring primary teachers but usually there's either a specific second language requirement or a regional requirement and shine of those regions can't keep teachers for very good reasons.

Might be better to just use your lovely long holidays for visits.

18 hours ago, Cathy77 said:

Just had the year visa. I worked there, teaching. I'm 41. 

Yes, it is now or never. Once you get to 45, it's too late to get a skilled visa - and bear in mind, a visa application can take many months to process. 

I'd say you need to engage a good migration agent to work out your best option.  Yes, it's a cost, but you don't have much time so you can't afford to dither.

There are several good agents on these forums.

Edited by Marisawright

• 5 weeks later...
On 26/01/2019 at 20:01, Cathy77 said:

I`ve moved to Sydney 3 years ago and when i was planning emigration i didn`t think about where ill work. And in 2016 that whas kinda hard to find job for emigrant, im not sure if the situation is the right now. But first of all u need to think about money and your career`s future. For the first time my advice is to save a lot of money to live, before u will find something, ofcourse you may use some services to get loans , but forget about bank loans 100%.  And the second problem is to find good and better u will find cheap place to live for the first time. Thats great if your brother may help u with finding good job and living. Good luck;)

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removing reference to external site.