Creepy crawlies

Nandini Millar

Hello all [emoji2]it's me again. With the thought of moving to Brisbane soon too many thoughts are coming to my mind. Everytime when I read news about [emoji216] snakes found in toilet I couldn't imagine how would I react to it either I faint or the snake might faint from my scream and fear haha [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848] but please tell me how do I make sure to avoid such stressful situation and are there any ways of telling snakes we (humans) are coming to the toilet and they might want to leave [emoji2955][emoji54] I need to educate my 2 little kids about safety precautions. Do we make noise on the door or play with light switch [emoji23][emoji23] I am scared and confused. Everytime I read news about such situations I even check my toilet in England [emoji849][emoji849][emoji848][emoji848][emoji57][emoji13][emoji13]

2 hours ago, Nandini Millar said:

Hello all emoji2.pngit's me again. With the thought of moving to Brisbane soon too many thoughts are coming to my mind. Everytime when I read news about emoji216.png snakes found in toilet I couldn't imagine how would I react to it either I faint or the snake might faint from my scream and fear haha emoji848.pngemoji848.pngemoji848.png but please tell me how do I make sure to avoid such stressful situation and are there any ways of telling snakes we (humans) are coming to the toilet and they might want to leave emoji2955.pngemoji54.png I need to educate my 2 little kids about safety precautions. Do we make noise on the door or play with light switch emoji23.pngemoji23.png I am scared and confused. Everytime I read news about such situations I even check my toilet in England emoji849.pngemoji849.pngemoji848.pngemoji848.pngemoji57.pngemoji13.pngemoji13.png

Most houses in Australia have two toilets. One for the snakes and one for people. Just make sure your kids use the correct one.

• Haha 3

You probably have a much greater chance of being struck by lightning than finding a snake in the toilet.  However, I have prepared this for new Aussies:

Always keep the toilet lid down

Check inside toilet before sitting on it

If snake in toilet, quickly close lid

Have on speed dial on your phone the number of the nearest Reptile Rescue service

Ring rescuer

Rent/buy a house with 2 toilets because, if you wanted to go before, you will want to go even more now - and certainly before rescuer arrives.  😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, starlight7 said:

Snakes won't bother you if you don't bother them. They are not that common in the suburbs- that is why they make headlines when they actually do appear.  

The worst snake you will find in a toilet is a trouser snake.

They needed to be treated with care.

You probably have a much greater chance of being struck by lightning than finding a snake in the toilet.  However, I have prepared this for new Aussies:
Always keep the toilet lid down
Check inside toilet before sitting on it
If snake in toilet, quickly close lid
Have on speed dial on your phone the number of the nearest Reptile Rescue service
Ring rescuer
Rent/buy a house with 2 toilets because, if you wanted to go before, you will want to go even more now - and certainly before rescuer arrives.  [emoji3]

Thank you so much for your advice. I am pretty sure the first thing I am going to do when I get to Australia is get the phone number of the reptile rescuer [emoji4]