You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Perthbum

Trump calls for more global warming while Australia sizzles in record-breaking heatwave

16 hours ago, newjez said:

Global warming or not, within the next hundred years, in our desperate attempts to feed our ever growing population, we are going to damage this earth sufficiently to cause a major decrease in human numbers. Our children will see mass starvation and starvation wars. Strategic food production will become a thing. My generation probably won't see it, but my children and their children may need to kill for their country to protect the food on their plate. National self sufficiency will become an important thing over the next fifty years. And apparently, we are going to kill all the insects.

15 hours ago, simmo said:

rubbish!

Stunning counter argument there @simmo, really demonstrated your grasp of the issue most eloquently!

🙄

• Like 1

Does it sound bad if I say that deniers seem to be the less intelligent factory workers cleaners  and Tory voters type people while the ones who know its happening are the scientist top management and top pub management type people.

• Haha 2

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

7 minutes ago, Perthbum said:

Does it sound bad if I say that deniers seem to be the less intelligent factory workers cleaners  and Tory voters type people while the ones who know its happening are the scientist top management and top pub management type people.

You and your sweeping statements PB.  😐

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Can't see how the emancipation of women correlates with population growth. Unless they are all going to go Lesbian.

Simply put when women are given control over their own bodies and the population in general make more informed choices then they choose to have fewer children.

This also goes hand in glove with greater social provision so that men & women do not view their children as their sole means of support in old age.  Also need a reduction in the influence of archaic religious ideologies which promote reproduction above wellbeing. 

This has been proven in western-style democracies.

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.

27 minutes ago, Gbye grey sky said:

Simply put when women are given control over their own bodies and the population in general make more informed choices then they choose to have fewer children.

This also goes hand in glove with greater social provision so that men & women do not view their children as their sole means of support in old age.  Also need a reduction in the influence of archaic religious ideologies which promote reproduction above wellbeing. 

This has been proven in western-style democracies.

If it was left to blokes I reckon there would be far less children running round. I would have settled for no kids, thought we were having a great time. Wife got broody, had one, emigrated, financially had to start again so I assumed she would agree with me when I kept saying we couldn't afford another. No chance. 5 year gap but she was insistent.

Wouldn't be without them now. Kept us young, great fun with them growing up. Obviously tough times too. When I hear stories about how some of our friends kids have given them grief I realise we are pretty lucky.

Africa and a lot of the underdeveloped world a different story though. They kick them out like there's no tomorrow. No thought to overpopulation, lack of food, thousands of kids already starving. Don't mention birth control.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Perthbum said:

I wouldn't have thought your average factory worker/ cleaner would have been a Tory voter. Maybe times have really changed in the UK?

55 minutes ago, Paul1Perth said:

If it was left to blokes I reckon there would be far less children running round. I would have settled for no kids, thought we were having a great time. Wife got broody, had one, emigrated, financially had to start again so I assumed she would agree with me when I kept saying we couldn't afford another. No chance. 5 year gap but she was insistent.

Wouldn't be without them now. Kept us young, great fun with them growing up. Obviously tough times too. When I hear stories about how some of our friends kids have given them grief I realise we are pretty lucky.

Africa and a lot of the underdeveloped world a different story though. They kick them out like there's no tomorrow. No thought to overpopulation, lack of food, thousands of kids already starving. Don't mention birth control.

Exactly.  That is my point.  Lack of education leads to a lack of awareness of other options.  A woman’s role in many societies is still primarily as a vessel for a man’s seed and to nurture his offspring.

Not solely in Africa and the underdeveloped world.  The Catholic Church for example still has a massive influence in the developed world and they are still fighting hard against all forms of birth control.  It also underpins their objections to homosexuality as it defies the word of their god to ‘go forth and multiply’.

Incidentally my wife was also the advocate for having a child.  I was content as I was (though, like you, have no regrets) however we only had the one and our situation allows us to make informed choices as you both did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Timeline: 309/100 Sent 7/8/13, Money Taken 9/8/13, CO appointed 3/9/13. Med 3/12/13. Police check 4/12/13. VISA GRANTED 8/4/14, Subclass100. Recce August 2014. Arrived 30 July 2015.