simmo

🍊 Juicing 🥝

Anyone else into juicing?  I am, I have 2x oranges (skin on) 1x apple and celery.  Really gets you going.

Who else is juicing what recipes do you use?

• Like 1

Come on guys, Simmo likes to juice, just because he will probably take the pith out of you if you answer is no reason  to ignore the grapefruit.

• Haha 1

Drinking rum before 11am does not make you an alcoholic, it makes you pirate..

I avoid fruit juices.  I used to think they were healthy until I went to work at an office which offered free, fresh juices.  I got into the habit of starting the day with a fresh juice of some kind.  One year later, I had gained several kilos - and the only thing I'd changed about my diet was the juices. 

A dietitian told me that the fashion for juicing is dangerous, because juices don't fill you up.  So although you're drinking extra calories in the juice, it won't make you eat less. 

You may think there's not many calories in fruit, but your 2 oranges/1 apple would be at least 150 calories.  That's an extra 1,000 calories every single week.  Seven weeks of that and you've gained over a kilo. 

If I'm going to "spend" 150 calories on a drink, I'd prefer wine, thanks.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband granted UK spouse visa March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

My new novel, A Dance With Danger, is due out August 2022

On 25/01/2019 at 10:55, Marisawright said:

A dietitian told me that the fashion for juicing is dangerous,

Healthiest thing I have ever done in my life.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, BeachBabe2022 said:

Healthiest thing I have ever done in my life.

That is a worry.

Make most of the juice vegetable, eg celery, carrot etc with a small amount of fruit for taste would be better.

It is far better to eat your fruit than drink it. You can happily eat an apple or an orange or a grapefruit, if you have a big juice it is equivalent to 6 oranges or so.

Edited by Parley
  • Like 1

Buy a man eat fish. The Day, Teach Man, to lifetime.      - Joe Biden.

2 minutes ago, Parley said:

That is a worry.

Make most of the juice vegetable, eg celery, carrot etc with a small amount of fruit for taste would be better.

It is far better to eat your fruit than drink it. You can happily eat an apple or an orange or a grapefruit, if you have a big juice it is equivalent to 6 oranges or so.

Why is that a worry?

Your assumptions are actually more worrying.....

I eat plenty of fruit and vegetables every day - more than the average person I would think.

But my preference is for juicing

Why?

Because I have personally found it to be LIFE CHANGING FOR THE BETTER for me personally

I have completely changed my health around simply by juicing. Gone are the medications (that the doctor told me I would be on for life) and this is all from juicing

So again, I will say, juicing is the healthiest thing I have ever done in my life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeachBabe2022 said:

Why is that a worry?

Your assumptions are actually more worrying.....

I eat plenty of fruit and vegetables every day - more than the average person I would think.

But my preference is for juicing

Why?

Because I have personally found it to be LIFE CHANGING FOR THE BETTER for me personally

I have completely changed my health around simply by juicing. Gone are the medications (that the doctor told me I would be on for life) and this is all from juicing

So again, I will say, juicing is the healthiest thing I have ever done in my life.

Which juicer did you select and why?  Interested as it’s been a decade or two since I owned one.