Grant after ex contacted

Westy123

On 23/01/2019 at 23:39, Westy123 said:

Can people give me any idea on how long generally you get a grant after Australia house has contact your ex for permission or is it how long is a piece of string answer, can anyone give me there time frames slowly going crazy

Some context may elicit some response to your question.

On 23/01/2019 at 23:39, Westy123 said:

Can people give me any idea on how long generally you get a grant after Australia house has contact your ex for permission or is it how long is a piece of string answer, can anyone give me there time frames slowly going crazy

Did you not get written permission from your ex before you applied for the visa?  That's what you are supposed to do.  

Did your ex supply written consent after they phoned him?

Some context may elicit some response to your question.

Sorry my daughter from my first marriage her father had to fill in forms to give permission for her to leave, towards the end of the Visa process Australia house call the father to give permission check I haven’t paid him off and that he’s still happy for her to go. He had the call last Saturday I just wondered if anyone else has been in the same situation and how long after they received there grant

3 hours ago, Westy123 said:

Sorry my daughter from my first marriage her father had to fill in forms to give permission for her to leave, towards the end of the Visa process Australia house call the father to give permission check I haven’t paid him off and that he’s still happy for her to go. He had the call last Saturday I just wondered if anyone else has been in the same situation and how long after they received there grant

In many years on immigration forums I can safely say its fairly unusual to have the absent parent contacted if they have completed all the forms. There isn't going to be a standard timeline. 

I just think they are tightening up on everything now. Just because they didn’t do so before doesn’t mean they won’t enforce checks now. It may well be they have uncovered fraudulent papers in some cases and are now more wary. Good I say. This is an important area of law and if not policed it could allow some unscrupulous parents to remove children regardless of the other parent. Imagine how you would feel if your kids were taken Half way round the world by an ex partner, even if they don’t have the majority care responsibilities. It happens  

• Like 1

In many years on immigration forums I can safely say its fairly unusual to have the absent parent contacted if they have completed all the forms. There isn't going to be a standard timeline. 

Everyone I have spoken to has had there ex contacted even if there was a court order they still make the call if the child is under 18

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/01/2019 at 05:41, Nemesis said:

I am also in the same situation my husbands ex was contacted (unsuccessfully as she was away on holiday 🙄) but we had a solicitor over see the agreement, she’s signed EVERYTHING which needed to be signed and we provided all the correct copies of passports ect of hers.. but STILL they check, not sure when they will recheck to get the confirmation we need... TIK TOC TIK TOC

• 4 weeks later...

@Samlakin have you had any updates?

I had another contact last week asking for updated contact details for my ex as they had tried to get in touch with him without success (knew this would  happen 😩)

So resent the same info including an email address which wasn’t originally asked for on form 1229.

I’m hoping they manage to get a hold of him this week. Anyone else know the timeframe for this whole part of the process? What happens if they can’t get in contact with him? My agent hasn’t been much help recently which is quite frustrating.

What are the reasons for your entry date to be extended as our agent did say sometimes they will give a later entry date anyone know??

Now on day 266 😢

Edited by Emma_M