Finding a sponsor

18 hours ago, Rachel Overton said:

The organisation I am using is Global Migrate who have offices in many countries and charge a fortune for their services. Sadly at the time of applying I had no knowledge of which is the best company to approach.

im confident I am hitting the selection criteria, but I completely understand about the costs to the employer etc. all I can do is keep trying and if it doesn’t work out I will have to go back to the Uk. I just hope that’s not the case as I moved here to be near my sister who has cancer. Keeping everything crossed it works out. Thanks for your replies x

Just curious, if you have only been granted a visitor visa, what have Global Migrate charged you a fortune for?

I only ask so other aspiring migrants can be aware of the pitfalls out there.

• Like 1

They charged £2000 + VAT to send my qualifications off to be checked and approved for skilled sponsor visa, advice in CV,  then they were supposed to do recruitment and gain me employment. The recruitment turned out to just send my cv and covering letter to potential employers which is a waste of time. Difficulty is now fighting them for a refund as I imagine their contract will be water tight. 

18 minutes ago, Rachel Overton said:

They charged £2000 + VAT to send my qualifications off to be checked and approved for skilled sponsor visa, advice in CV,  then they were supposed to do recruitment and gain me employment. The recruitment turned out to just send my cv and covering letter to potential employers which is a waste of time. Difficulty is now fighting them for a refund as I imagine their contract will be water tight. 

Did you pay on a credit card? If you did is there the chance of a claim under section 75 of the consumer credit act if they have not provided the service you expected. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/01/2019 at 07:05, Marisawright said:

If you find an employer to sponsor you, it will be for 2 to 4 years - and that's all.   So if you are hoping to stay permanently, it's a total waste of time.

Depending on which list - If it is the MTL then she can either apply for PR after 3 years or ENS 186 Direct stream or the visa can be renewed after the 4 years which can be done without limit. So not a total waste of time.

On 24/01/2019 at 07:04, VERYSTORMY said:

Depending on which list your occupation is on. It would be a maximum of two or four years. Though note, those are the maximums.

If it is on the Medium / Long the only maximum is per visa i.e. it can only be granted for up to 4 years. There is no maximum on how many times the visa can be renewed.

1 hour ago, mallan82450 said:

If it is on the Medium / Long the only maximum is per visa i.e. it can only be granted for up to 4 years. There is no maximum on how many times the visa can be renewed.

"If" the applicant still qualifies and the sponsor still qualifies. In which case though, in the absence of pr, they will still be returning at some point. Also, the Max is not necessarily what is granted. It can be from 1 day. 

1 hour ago, mallan82450 said:

Depending on which list - If it is the MTL then she can either apply for PR after 3 years or ENS 186 Direct stream or the visa can be renewed after the 4 years which can be done without limit. So not a total waste of time.

As things stand today. But, do not underestimate how much immigration is changing. The system is getting constant reviews. Here are few of the just recent ones:

The lists abolished and new lists brought in

The 457 visa abolished and the 482 brought in

Pathways to PR for many temp visa holders removed - until recently anyone regardless of list could potentially gain PR. 

Over 200 occupations removed

Immigration is a very hot potato politically in Australia,Mitch the main political parties trying to outdo each other in making / promising cuts to it. The 482 (old 457) is particularly contentious. I have had to walk through crowds protesting my presence there as I was on a 457. I would say major further changes to make it much harder to get a 482 and for 482 to gain PR are inevitable.