You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

maxgoh222

(Help!) 482 Visa, Singapore to Australia

Hey guys, I recently got a formal offer from a large company for a role in Australia as a Software Engineer.

I was told that I will be sponsored under the 482 Visa. I have went to research on the visa requirements and found that I have met most of the requirements.

The main problem right now is that, I do not have a Bachelor’s degree as well as any sort of vendor certification relevant to my job. Aside from that, I have 3 years of relevant working experience as well as a diploma in the relevant role.

I would really appreciate some insight or advice on what I can do here. The recruiter seems really clueless on the immigration process and I’m not sure if my chances are doomed here as I do not have any sort of qualification.

Thanks for reading.

As I understand it, if the requirements specify you need a bachelors degree then no amount of experience and/or other qualifications will waiver that I’m afraid. 

Depending on your age and meeting other requirements you could work for 6 months (if they’ll let you) on a working holiday visa. If they’re happy to employ you going down this route won’t matter if you hold the skills or experience because it’s not built into the visa. 

This wont lead to PR and you would have to go home at the end of it though.

Might not work if you have a family etc.

Edited by Wonderingaloud
Extra info added

Due to escalating bills and budgetary cuts in the NHS, unfortunately, the light at the end of the tunnel has had to be switched off.

On 23/01/2019 at 04:13, maxgoh222 said:

The recruiter seems really clueless on the immigration process and I’m not sure if my chances are doomed here as I do not have any sort of qualification.

That's absolutely not their job and, if they are in Australia, they are breaking the law if they offer any immigration advice. Your prospective employer will likely have their own Registered Migration Agent who handles these matters. If not seek informed independent advice from an RMA.

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. 

Hi maxgoh222,

In General, to be able to meet the eligibility criteria for a 482 visa for a Software Engineers you need to hold the relevant qualification plus two years of post qualification experience.

The Software Engineer occupation is part of occupations in the Skill Level 1 in Anzsco, which means that the qualification needed for this occupation is a bachelor degree or higher. 

In your case,  because you don't hold a Bachelor degree, you would have to demonstrate at least five years of relevant experience to substitute the formal qualification.

Unfortunately, because you only hold three years of relevant experience at the moment, I don't think you will be able to grant the 482 visa yet. I would suggest continuing work and gaining more relevant experience.

Moran Shultz

Registered Migration Agent

MARN 1795282 

• Like 1

Hi Fellow members,

What is the current processing time for TSS 482 Medium?

Thanks