45 yr old osteopath - can I get a visa?

Matt abbott

2 hours ago, Matt abbott said:

As a U.K. citizen I’m keen to move to Oz and work as an osteopath. Can anyone help with some advice as to how I might be able to get a visa at the age of 45 and what the best way of going about this might be?

Many thanks,

Matt

The only way you would be able to go is of you have a job offer before. I think having a job offered to you eliminates age limit but best to find out from a MARA registered agent as I might well be wrong.

2 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Unfortunately 45 is the cut off age for a visa

I don't think that is correct information. If you are sponsored by an employer then you can come in under the TSS, no? (I don't profess to know which stream he would fall under).

Either one he wouldn't be eligible for PR as one must be under the age of 45.

You could, if you can find a job offer get a TSS visa, which is employer sponsored. However, these are hard to get as employer sponsorship is now expensive for the employer and the visa takes many months. 

It is only a temporary visa and you would have no option to later gain PR. It also comes with a number of significant issues. 

4 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

You could, if you can find a job offer get a TSS visa, which is employer sponsored. However, these are hard to get as employer sponsorship is now expensive for the employer and the visa takes many months. 

It is only a temporary visa and you would have no option to later gain PR. It also comes with a number of significant issues. 

Again that isnt correct information. It depends on what stream they are in i.e. short or medium/long. If its medium/long and the skill is still on the list by the time they can apply for PR then there is an option, not guranteed but still an option.

Still, not applicable to the OP as they wouldnt meet the age criteria.

Stop scare mongering and give ALL the facts. Good and bad.

46 minutes ago, mallan82450 said:

Again that isnt correct information. It depends on what stream they are in i.e. short or medium/long. If its medium/long and the skill is still on the list by the time they can apply for PR then there is an option, not guranteed but still an option.

So verystormy saying to the OP they have no further option to gain PR is correct then as they are too old.  You talk about options, someone of this age doesnt have any so how could what verystormy says  be wrong. You sound rude.

12 hours ago, Matt abbott said:

As a U.K. citizen I’m keen to move to Oz and work as an osteopath. Can anyone help with some advice as to how I might be able to get a visa at the age of 45 and what the best way of going about this might be?

Many thanks,

Matt

For a temporary working visa, age is not an issue.

Your age would be a limiting factor for PR however.

The subclass 186/187 does have an age exemption in very limited circumstances for high income earners, medical practitioners, academics and scientists.

9 hours ago, mallan82450 said:

Which bit isn't correct in my reply to the OP?