How long have you been waiting for RRV?

mandymark

No I’m afraid we are a couple of weeks shy of a whole year waiting!! I’m starting to wonder if they just hope the applications go away all by themselves!! It is a bit ridiculous when it’s only valid a year when they give it you (if they give it). 

Sorry you’re also in this position but good to know I’m not alone. 

I did send a couple of emails to the RRV one and then I also sent an attachment photo just to see if it would prompt anyone but sadly No....

i will post if I hear good or bad

good luck

• 4 weeks later...

Also still waiting for my RRV decision.  

Applied in Nov-18 and submitted the additional detail for request for more information in Feb-19.

I grew up in Australia and my parents are citizens living there. I have spent the past 10+ years in London and have been able to renew without any issues during this time.

My plans are to return to Australia but it’s really hard to plan that move back and close down life here whilst the visa request is in limbo. Can anyone please advise on the risk of being granted only 3 months? 

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck Sharry - let us know if you hear anything. Hope it’s good news. 

I’m now a few weeks short of the 1 year mark for when I submitted the original application.

8 months when I replied back to the request for more information - which I suspect took me to the back of the queue again.

I keep checking most days but still under Further Assessment. 

• 5 weeks later...

I am in a whole mess around this.

Have a family holiday booked from 10th Dec to 8th Jan in Brisbane.  My agent advised when we were about to book that due to the length of time an RRV would take I would be better just going back on an e651 tourist visa.  Now sounds like going back may completely remove my permanent residency status?  He thinks it wont and says its quite common when perm residents who have travel period expired need to go back on very short notice.

However now I am sitting with an e651 stuck at 'In Progress' despite giving them everything  they came back and asked for.  It looks like its not going to change anytime soon and my holiday will be ruined.

Why cant visa processing places in Oz not operate outside office hours? Why cant you ever not be able to actually speak to someone who can help?

The whole thing is putting me off going back .. not that I did (permanently) anyway but my partner is desperate to go and live there.  The volume of work must be immense so why cant they provide a more humane system rather than sitting staring at your email 24 hours a day.

Whats the longest anyone has ever waited on an e651?  maybe thats a question for another thread

Cheers

BB

5 hours ago, Brissybear said:

Have a family holiday booked from 10th Dec to 8th Jan in Brisbane.  My agent advised when we were about to book that due to the length of time an RRV would take I would be better just going back on an e651 tourist visa.  Now sounds like going back may completely remove my permanent residency status?  ...

The whole thing is putting me off going back .. not that I did (permanently) anyway but my partner is desperate to go and live there.  The volume of work must be immense so why cant they provide a more humane system rather than sitting staring at your email 24 hours a day.

Getting a tourist visa won't affect your permanent residency.   

You're right, the volume of work is immense and that's why it takes so long - they're not sitting on their hands.  There have been newspaper articles about the dreadful morale in the Immigration department and how they're snowed under.   The current Australian Immigration Minister is anti-immigration so it doesn't surprise me that there's a go-slow on everything but skilled migration.

25 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Getting a tourist visa won't affect your permanent residency.   

You're right, the volume of work is immense and that's why it takes so long - they're not sitting on their hands.  There have been newspaper articles about the dreadful morale in the Immigration department and how they're snowed under.   The current Australian Immigration Minister is anti-immigration so it doesn't surprise me that there's a go-slow on everything but skilled migration.

I can imagine the pressure they are under. I first submitted on the 21st Nov. Then uploaded extra info on 25th. I stupidly uploaded a pleading cover note today but cant help feel that I've pushed an extra layer if beauracrasy onto my application.

Would it be really unusual to have to wait from the 21st to past the 10th december for a visa of this kind?

31 minutes ago, Brissybear said:

I can imagine the pressure they are under. I first submitted on the 21st Nov. Then uploaded extra info on 25th. I stupidly uploaded a pleading cover note today but cant help feel that I've pushed an extra layer if beauracrasy onto my application.

Would it be really unusual to have to wait from the 21st to past the 10th december for a visa of this kind?

Yes it is pretty unusual, most are auto-granted and 90%+ are processed within 48 hours. If you have an agent they should be helping you with this?

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

Good to know. 

1 hour ago, paulhand said:

Good to know. 

8 hours ago, Brissybear said:

Have a family holiday booked from 10th Dec to 8th Jan in Brisbane.  My agent advised when we were about to book that due to the length of time an RRV would take I would be better just going back on an e651 tourist visa.  Now sounds like going back may completely remove my permanent residency status?  He thinks it wont and says its quite common when perm residents who have travel period expired need to go back on very short notice.

However now I am sitting with an e651 stuck at 'In Progress' despite giving them everything  they came back and asked for.  It looks like its not going to change anytime soon and my holiday will be ruined.

Why cant visa processing places in Oz not operate outside office hours? Why cant you ever not be able to actually speak to someone who can help?

Whats the longest anyone has ever waited on an e651?  maybe thats a question for another thread

Cheers

BB

Glad you’re all sorted, you’ll have a lovely trip I’m sure. 

I on on the other hand are now 14 months and still waiting!!

I’ve pretty much ignored it now, what a waste of time, effort and money is what I am currently feeling. 

Hey ho.... limbo 

Sharry 

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/12/2019 at 08:32, Sharry said:

Glad you’re all sorted, you’ll have a lovely trip I’m sure. 

I on on the other hand are now 14 months and still waiting!!

I’ve pretty much ignored it now, what a waste of time, effort and money is what I am currently feeling. 

Hey ho.... limbo 

Sharry 

Hi Sharry,

May I know your application is still in “Receive” status?

Hi,

my application says ‘further assessment’ it was received some months ago. 

It simply says when I click on the further assessment the following;

This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further supporting documentation is required.’

It’s taking its time!!

good luck with everyone else

Sharry 

23 minutes ago, Sharry said:

Hi,

my application says ‘further assessment’ it was received some months ago. 

It simply says when I click on the further assessment the following;

This application is currently being assessed. The department may contact the applicant if further supporting documentation is required.’

It’s taking its time!!

good luck with everyone else

Sharry 

Thanks for your sharing.

My application status currently under receive status for four months already and I didn’t receive update from Immigration Dept 

• 2 months later...

So good morning everyone who has been following my thread for many months. 

We have just got back from Australia for a second visit on a tourist visa (1st Feb 19, 2nd Feb 20). 

The visa timeline for an RRV is as follows;

granted initial visa way back in 1995!!

back and forth for a few years then had a gap for a few years due to family illness and death of Father. 

Oct 2018 Applied for RRV 155 

Dec 2018, Immi requests more info, submitted that week. 

Left awaiting outcome for months.

I did email that RRV email someone mentioned but it was basic stat reply, I also called (premium number) but they couldn’t advise either, again a waste of time and money. 

So after this trip I felt enough was enough and I’d nothing to lose so filed a complaint via their website ‘compliments, comments  & Complaints’ or something to that title. 

This was yesterday, I stated how I was left in limbo, paid for a service but not received the service etc etc....

this morning!!! Ta Dar....... VISA GRANT!!!

in my inbox was a reply to my complaint stating they would look into it and if I wanted to add anything to get in touch then a few hours later an Immi Grant and number!! Checked my Immi account and it is there a Visa 155 valid for a year!!

Complaint resolved if you ask me!!!

good luck everyone xx

Sharry 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sharry said:

We have just got back from Australia for a second visit on a tourist visa (1st Feb 19, 2nd Feb 20). 

The visa timeline for an RRV is as follows;

granted initial visa way back in 1995!!

back and forth for a few years then had a gap for a few years due to family illness and death of Father. 

Oct 2018 Applied for RRV 155 

Dec 2018, Immi requests more info, submitted that week. 

Left awaiting outcome for months.

this morning!!! Ta Dar....... VISA GRANT!!!

in my inbox was a reply to my complaint stating they would look into it and if I wanted to add anything to get in touch then a few hours later an Immi Grant and number!! Checked my Immi account and it is there a Visa 155 valid for a year!!

Congratulations on getting the RRV finally against all odds!     

As you know, if you don't meet the residency requirements then it's entirely discretionary whether you get an RRV or not, so you've been lucky IMO, long wait or not.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Congratulations on getting the RRV finally against all odds!     

As you know, if you don't meet the residency requirements then it's entirely discretionary whether you get an RRV or not, so you've been lucky IMO, long wait or not.

Absolutely but just thought I’d share as there may be others in this predicament. 

Nobody likes to complain really I just felt scammed out of a couple of hundred quid. 

Nice result though, think I’ll not follow up on the complaint. 😆

Sharry x