How long have you been waiting for RRV?

mandymark

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 12:48, Sheral Singh said:

Normally it takes 6 to 9 months to get the RRV. But ya you should be ready for any change in timing depending on various factors. 

I really don't understand why they state their estimated processing time as between 2 and 67 days although "Applications that do not meet the residency requirement will take longer to finalise than the published processing times advertised above.  Processing timeframes for these applications can be up to 12 weeks" - ours will be 21 weeks on Sunday!  Why state it can be up to 12 weeks?

45 minutes ago, mandymark said:

I really don't understand why they state their estimated processing time as between 2 and 67 days although "Applications that do not meet the residency requirement will take longer to finalise than the published processing times advertised above.  Processing timeframes for these applications can be up to 12 weeks" - ours will be 21 weeks on Sunday!  Why state it can be up to 12 weeks?

2 days is for the approximately 80% of applications that meet the residence requirement. 

On 21/03/2019 at 14:12, mandymark said:

That has bothered many aspired immigrants. As said, 2 days are for those who exactly meet the requirements and nothing is needed to improve upon the same. It's really unpredictable,. 

Hope for the best and hope you receive it soon. 

Hi - its not the '2 days' that bothers me, its what they say about processing timeframes for those that do not meet the residency requirement which I do fully appreciate this is the category that we fit into....up to 12 weeks - why quote this as a maximum when we have now waited 21 weeks without any update from them? 

My son applied (less than 2 years) in November 2018 and got a one year RRV in January 2019. He is working in Australia with savings and a lease and both parents and brother are citizens living in Australia. So ticked the boxes with good evidence supplied.

I am guessing that people applying from overseas with weaker evidence require more consideration and get passed on for further assessment. 

12 hours ago, mandymark said:

Hi - its not the '2 days' that bothers me, its what they say about processing timeframes for those that do not meet the residency requirement which I do fully appreciate this is the category that we fit into....up to 12 weeks - why quote this as a maximum when we have now waited 21 weeks without any update from them? 

That's not an estimation of how long it will take to process future applications, that's a report on how long it has taken them to process the previous ones.  So it's a backwards look at how long ago 75% or 90% of the applications they have just finalized were submitted.

• 1 month later...
On 21/01/2019 at 11:52, mandymark said:

Myself and husband applied for a RRV on 28th October 2018 which is now 84 days ago.  I understand that the processing time varies, particularly as neither of us have spent 2yrs within Australia, but as it has now gone over the published timeframe, I just wanted to hear from anyone else still waiting or have had their RRV granted recently.  I may be able to gauge how much longer it is likely to take.  Thanks in advance.

Hi, 

I applied in October 2018 too and still waiting. In December I got a request for more info but I didn’t have anything extra to offer them so repeated the same info (tbh I don’t think they read it properly as it was clearly there). 

Mine too says post June 2018 which wasn’t there before but that doesn’t worry me. 

I can’t believe it’s taking so long, I have a job offer but I’m not likely going to be in that position long as it’s teaching I’m wanting to be applying for but can’t do that without valid residency visa!! Oh what a nightmare waiting is. 

Have you had any news?

8 hours ago, Sharry said:

Hi, 

I applied in October 2018 too and still waiting. In December I got a request for more info but I didn’t have anything extra to offer them so repeated the same info (tbh I don’t think they read it properly as it was clearly there). 

Did it occur to you that maybe what you’d already provided didn’t constitute “strong ties” and that’s why they asked?

Edited by Marisawright

7 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Did it occur to you that maybe what you’d already provided didn’t constitute “strong ties” and that’s why they asked?

Ha ha yeah but what they wanted I’d already provided and they are all the ties I have, job offer from previous employer and family citizenship info etc.... that was in December and no one has declined it or asked for more info. 

To be honest the electronic form for attaching documents is not a great system as it doesn’t allow you to separate ties from compelling reasons so I think that is why they just asked again. 

Anyway still waiting and wanted to know if anyone else was in the same boat, it’s so frustrating when it says 12 wk. 

10 minutes ago, Sharry said:

To be honest the electronic form for attaching documents is not a great system as it doesn’t allow you to separate ties from compelling reasons so I think that is why they just asked again. 

They process many tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of these a year, if the form didn't suit their needs you can be absolutely sure they would have changed it...

I’m sure they have as when I went to add the info again there was then a separate section which wasn’t there on the original. Anyway I’m still wondering if anyone is in the same situation waiting for so long. Thanks

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, paulhand said:

The upload slots for the RRV do change after the application is submitted. 

That makes sense to how mine was then. 

Cant believe I submitted the application on 11th Oct 2018 and no news, even from December when I added the extra it’s still ages!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone can give some guidance. We are outside Australia, based in Asia.

I have OZ citizenship and so do all our kids. My wife's PR has lapsed and we applied for an RRV. Last time we did one it took about 5 working days in 2017. My wife hasn't set foot in Australia since our last trip there in 2017.

We are due to travel there at the end of June for a month and applied a month in advance, which I thought would be sufficent. We supplied all the necessary info which has passed the 'substantial ties' hurdles in the past (ie kids and my Aust passports, wedding certificates, property ownership etc).

Now I am reading that wait times are extremely long.

Just wondering in circumstances such as ours, are the RRV granting taking very long? Or we have we left it a bit late?

54 minutes ago, samran said:

Just wondering if anyone can give some guidance. We are outside Australia, based in Asia.

I have OZ citizenship and so do all our kids. My wife's PR has lapsed and we applied for an RRV. Last time we did one it took about 5 working days in 2017. My wife hasn't set foot in Australia since our last trip there in 2017.

We are due to travel there at the end of June for a month and applied a month in advance, which I thought would be sufficent. We supplied all the necessary info which has passed the 'substantial ties' hurdles in the past (ie kids and my Aust passports, wedding certificates, property ownership etc).

Just wondering in circumstances such as ours, are the RRV granting taking very long? Or we have we left it a bit late?

So if her RRV has expired again, I'm guessing she only got a year last time?  I can see why Immigration is taking its time about the application, because in spite of the fact that you're citizens, it doesn't seem as though she has any intention of living in Australia permanently.   

2 hours ago, samran said:

RRV processing times are significantly longer now than they were in 2017 and processing times for applications that do not meet the residence requirement (like your wife's) can take "up to 12 weeks" according to the Department.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Marisawright said:

So if her RRV has expired again, I'm guessing she only got a year last time?  I can see why Immigration is taking its time about the application, because in spite of the fact that you're citizens, it doesn't seem as though she has any intention of living in Australia permanently.   

21 hours ago, paulhand said:

RRV processing times are significantly longer now than they were in 2017 and processing times for applications that do not meet the residence requirement (like your wife's) can take "up to 12 weeks" according to the Department.

Many thanks both, we will just play it by ear then. My wife is a Kiwi so there won’t be any issues going back for our visit, but when she had lived there is was a PR in the latter stages but stars didn’t align for citizenship at the time. 

She meets all the criteria for strong links so it will be granted at some point and we will have cause to use it.

we do have the intention of moving back - a genuine one with our super and property and all other finances based there -  just that my work keeps me in Asia for the time being.

Just as an update, we emailed the RRV email address stating we were travelling shortly (showing tickets) and basically in the space of a few hours the 1 year RRV was approved. As said, very close association with OZ and legit reasons for being overseas. 

Two week turn around all in all. 

Hi Samran that’s great news, I may have to email them myself just to know one way or another as we went for a holiday in Feb but plan now to go back Feb 20 if they approve it!!

thanks for the update, it’s always good to hear. 

Sharry 

• Like 1

On 08/06/2019 at 08:38, samran said:

Just as an update, we emailed the RRV email address stating we were travelling shortly (showing tickets) and basically in the space of a few hours the 1 year RRV was approved. As said, very close association with OZ and legit reasons for being overseas. 

Two week turn around all in all. 

Good result ...

• 4 weeks later...
On 08/06/2019 at 10:10, Sharry said:

Hi Samran that’s great news, I may have to email them myself just to know one way or another as we went for a holiday in Feb but plan now to go back Feb 20 if they approve it!!

thanks for the update, it’s always good to hear. 

Sharry 

Any new about your RRV Sharry? We applied in March this year and have not heard anything at all. I check everyday to see if anything has changed on the application status but nothing as yet. Always reassuring when we hear of others success - fingers crossed for you!

On 07/07/2019 at 22:11, clare27 said:

Any new about your RRV Sharry? We applied in March this year and have not heard anything at all. I check everyday to see if anything has changed on the application status but nothing as yet. Always reassuring when we hear of others success - fingers crossed for you!

1 hour ago, Ross1988216 said:

One of my clients waited around 6 months.  Whilst others take 2 weeks.  Really inconsistent and frustrating at the same time.

Hi, no such luck yet still pending!!!

its been 9 months to date for a 12 month visa!! Seems absurd eh but we shall just enjoy the British summer and hope for news soon. 

I will post our outcome as soon as we get one. 

Thanks Sharry

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/07/2019 at 14:13, Sharry said:

Hi, no such luck yet still pending!!!

its been 9 months to date for a 12 month visa!! Seems absurd eh but we shall just enjoy the British summer and hope for news soon. 

I will post our outcome as soon as we get one. 

Thanks Sharry

Hi Sharry - We are still waiting to here about our RRV and was wondering if you have heard yet? I have phoned them three times and emailed the address I was given and heard nothing. I have had only automatic replies from the email and no personal responses. When I have phoned them they have told me that the department doesn't have to respond if they do not have anything specific to request or ask etc so it is just a waiting game. I can only assume that they have not got to my application at all or are unsure whether to grant it or not as in their eyes it is a borderline application due to the length of absence. I hope that you have had more luck than us

thanks, Clare

Hi Clare,

no no still no news, it was October 11th so that’s almost 10mth which for a 1 year RRV is slow to say the least but it’s not a no, yet. 

I’m thinking of trying to add another info sheet to see if that prompts someone to look and decide, worth a shot I think. 

Sharry