Expression of interest

Aarti L

Hi all. I'm really new at this I'm applying for an expression of interest for the skulls independent visa. On the form, it is asking for my education. I have a PGCE for my teaching qualification. It is a postgraduate but not a masters. Which heading would I put it under? Thank you 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I’m also in the process of getting everything together for EOI. I am a teacher of the hearing impaired in the UK applying for a 189 visa. It looks like I have to the IELTs academic test and get me skills assessed with AITSL, so I have emailed previous unis for transcripts etc and am arranging a skills test. Could anyone recommend a migrant agent that they’ve used to help? Thanks

I’m currently going through the process for a 189 visa and I’ve gone with Immigration2oz and so far I’m really pleased with them. They've been really responsive to my emails.

I contacted some migration agents recommended on here and didn’t hear back from them. 

Good Luck 

1 hour ago, Aarti L said:

Hi

I'm just in the process of doing my skills assessment. Waiting for transcripts. Just to make sure... I'm a UK citizen.. have been all my life, I don't need a skills test do I? Please could someone conform. Thank you  

Why would living in UK make any difference? Everyone needs their skills assessed in some way, just follow the process for your skill. Sometimes it’s practical sometimes an assessment of your qualifications.

On 04/02/2019 at 17:45, Aarti L said:

Also my undergraduate university have said they no longer have my degree transcripts as it was over 10 years ago. What can I do? 

I was told this too by my uni as it had been 20 years. The immigration team told me a copy of the course booklet would suffice along with a letter from the uni stating that the transcript is no longer available but that the course covered...

Hope that helps, good luck 

29 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

I was told this too by my uni as it had been 20 years. The immigration team told me a copy of the course booklet would suffice along with a letter from the uni stating that the transcript is no longer available but that the course covered...

Hope that helps, good luck 

Thank you that really helps

Hi all. Quick question I have been reading and if you are a UK citizen you don't need to take an English test however i read somewhere that to gain more points it is advisable to do so. Is this true and also which English test is better to take. Thank you

14 hours ago, Aarti L said:

Hi all. Quick question I have been reading and if you are a UK citizen you don't need to take an English test however i read somewhere that to gain more points it is advisable to do so. Is this true and also which English test is better to take. Thank you

As a British citizen you don't need to do english test, but if you want to increase your points then you should definitely do it. You will get 20 points if you manage to score 8 each in IELTS or  79 each in pte. Skilled migration is very competitive process and higher the points you have better the chances are. I will definitely recommend doing PTE exam.

21 hours ago, Aarti L said:

I took the ielts test as needed the 20 points. Not sure if it's compulsory but I'd have got nowhere near the 70 points without it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All, 

We lodged our EOI and state sponsorship request to South Australia 6 weeks ago, does anyone who has been through this process know how long we will be waiting about? So eager to find out if we get accepted! This is for the 190 visa ! Thanks All 

10 hours ago, Mrs_Ob said:

Hi All, 

We lodged our EOI and state sponsorship request to South Australia 6 weeks ago, does anyone who has been through this process know how long we will be waiting about? So eager to find out if we get accepted! This is for the 190 visa ! Thanks All 

It depends on what anzsco code you submitted under, your English score and how many other people have submitted for the same score and the same ANZSCO code