Living in the Northern Territory

Alan DJ Hardy

1 hour ago, Alan DJ Hardy said:

Hi

where would the best area be to move to in the Northern Territory. I currently live in England with my wife and 2 children. 

Not being funny but do you know anything about the NT? Huge areas of it are desert or outback, many other areas are huge canyons, gorges, rivers and amazing scenery but not really liveable 

What do you do for work?

G'day mate, depends on your attitude to life. If you go to work, come back at the end of the day and switch on the tv...then no. If you like a bit of adventure in the outdoors... quite possibly a good thing. The Darwin is a very cosmopolitan small city with a very pleasant climate from May to September, but very hot and humid with big rains the rest of the time. The NT has the things the scribes before me have written about, but they missed the adventure bit...And it has that in spades!

Have to admit, moving from anywhere in the UK to the NT is a daunting task.

Personally, I love the place and have been going almost every year for over 50 years, mainly for the adventure.fishing.gifcamera.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/01/2019 at 23:35, Alan DJ Hardy said:

Hi

where would the best area be to move to in the Northern Territory. I currently live in England with my wife and 2 children. 

Look at Darwin and Alice. Darwin is a beautiful small city, and Alice is more like a large town. Both have their good points. I love the Top End, but I'd recommend you do a reccie before you decide to put your eggs all in the one basket. Not all people understand or appreciate NT. I find it fascinating and stunningly beautiful but I love the outback and the quiet life.  Darwin is a fabulous place but its not everyone's cup of tea. You can't compare it to anywhere else as its fairly unique due to it's geography. A reccie is definitely the way to go, and lots of research. 

• Thanks 1