AASW SOCIAL WORK ASSESSMENT

RoisinDonnelly

On 27/02/2019 at 20:44, RoisinDonnelly said:

Hi, so they recieved mine in 6 Feb 2019 - done preassessment check on 7 Feb 2019, they took the payment & said on the preassessment it looked I had all the correct information - they advised 30+ weeks. Have you submitted yours yet? I will keep you updated on my process. But no word since start of Feb 

Hi can I ask how much people have paid altogether to have the aasw skills assessment ?  Thanks

• 3 months later...

yes applied on 04th  march ,  , if u apply in feb and u saying for nov , then it is 36 weeks + . , but now their website also says : 20-28 weeks , i think it should come early 

• International Qualifications Assessments (IQA) and Skilled Employment (SE) applications – 20-28 weeks

• 3 weeks later...

hi , any of our friends out here , have you received your skill assessment who have applied in dec 2018 or jan 2019 . some one in my network called AASW last week and he was updated by them that they working on applications submitted in end of dec 2018

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all,  I’m going to make an application for a 189 visa but I’m right at the start of the process but I’m confused about 190/ 491 state nomination, I read a lot of people advising to apply for 190 for extra points plus I’ve seen people saying they’re making offshore applications but from everything I read it looks like I’d need to be living in Australia to have any hope of state nomination, is this right? I only have 65 points on 189 so from what I’ve read I’m not in a strong position to get accepted with that amount so state nomination would give more points especially in regards to the 491 as I’m looking at WA and state nomination gives an additional 15! 

Secondly, did anyone have their work experience assessed by AASW too, I’m wondering if family support work would count towards work experience (after I completed my BSc in Social Work) 

Any info appreciated! 

• 1 month later...