AASW SOCIAL WORK ASSESSMENT

RoisinDonnelly

Just now, RoisinDonnelly said:

Aw thanks for your quick response! Oh goodness that is quite a while alright, it will learn me patience! Do you know roughly how long after that the visa can be approved/declined after your EOI? 

Thanks 

I don’t. It will probably depend on which visa you are pursuing. If you search AASW in the search box on here, there are some threads involving social workers that you could join. They would be able to offer a bit more information as well. Are you looking at state sponsored or independent skilled? Not sure what lists social work is on.

Maybe they have sped up with the skills assessment now!!! 🤞

I’m not much use to you, sorry. I’m a nurse who migrated a while ago and now back in the UK. 😁

Good luck!

4 minutes ago, RoisinDonnelly said:

Ohh right right I see! Yes I must try and smoking some of those threads, my search engine isn’t great at the moment. 

I hope it’s speedy however I doubt so. 

Im looking state sponsorship as it will hopefully give me 5 extra points - fingers crossed 

Good luck. The visa process is very different to when I went through it. They are making it more difficult all the time it seems. There will be some social workers around to support you through I’m sure! 😀

• 2 weeks later...

I only have BSc Honors Degree Level - it will give me 15 points. I also need to get near full marks in my English as I only have 1.5 years experience as a Social Worker, therefore I get zero points for experience as my experience is only in the UK. I completed the AASW assessment myself and did not use an agent. I only sent mine last Monday and the Royal Mail said it arrived today. however money is still in my bank and no confirmation email yet. Will you get extra marks for your masters? 

No. I don't get extra points for the Masters. I will need to do the English Test as well as I will have no experience of social work practice. I have 15 years experience of working in homelessness though so not sure if this counts as the experience they are looking for to register. I am registered with the SSSC.

What kind of social work experience do you have? Where is Oz are you hoping to settle?

So in relation to the employment purposes it outlines in AASW you need to have 3+ years experience outside of Australia to earn points - I have 6.5 years of being a care worker for the NHS and I did not include this as it is not a ‘Social Work’ role. Therefore I will not get any points for experience. Are you able to claim for your homelessness experience? If so that is fabulous it will get you exceptional points. I’m really afraid I will not get enough points to complete an expression of interest, it all boils down to my English exam really 😞 

• 2 weeks later...