Worry about 485 application and question about OVHC

ohmoomtang

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, wander around to research for a few days then decide to register and post questions regarding my 485 application.

I'm on Student Visa 500, will expire on 21 March 2019, studied in Sydney for 2 years and currently waiting for 485 (Post-Study) visa application outcome. My timeline is below. 

14 September 2018 - Received AFP NPC Complete Disclosure (I applied before because at that time I don't know whether I'll continue staying in Australia or not, just want to make sure that I'll have everything ready. As well, I'm not purposing for PR, just want to obtain experience with 485 then going back home)
1 November 2018 - Got my job offer
2 November 2018 - File "My Health Declaration" to obtain HAP ID in advance for medical assessment
16 November 2018 - Finish my final exam
21 November 2018 - Have a medical assessment at Bupa, Wynyard
26 November 2018 - Start working full-time in the company (My course out of session so I am able to work full-time with my Student Visa)
12 December 2018 - Final result is out and the university release completion letter which stated that I've completed all requirement and award a degree at the same date (12 December 2018)
16 December 2018 - Took a General IELTS as my current one is expired
20 December 2018 Morning - IELTS Result is out (Overall 6.5 - L7.5, R7.0, W6.0, S6.0), go to get my TRF at IDP Sydney Central
20 December 2018 Afternoon - File a 485 visa application by myself without an agent.

Attached following documents on 20 Dec

• Passport info page
  • My Photo
  • IELTS TRF Form (Scanned)
  • AFP NPC Certificate (Scanned)
  • Transcript from University Online System (realise later that I need an official copy, then made it later)
  • Completion Letter from University Online System (no CRICOS code detail, request university to have another one later)
  • Student Card
  • Temporary OSHC certificate from Allianz

21 December 2018 - attached more document

• Previous entry stamp to Australia stamped on 27 September 2016 (I study English foundation course before my Master)
  • CoE for my graduated Master
  • Driver License (From my country to show birthday evidence  - no translate as it accommodates both my native language and English language)

22 December 2018 - attached more document

• Form 80 (realise later that they need it)
  • ID Card (From my country to show birthday evidence  - no translate as it accommodates both my native language and English language)

28 December 2018 - attached more document

• Completion letter with CRICOS code in the letter

3 January 2019 - attached more document

• Official OSHC certificate from Allianz (Just found an option in iPhone app to generate an official one while in website provide only temporary one)

8 January 2019 - attached more document

• Official transcript (Need to wait for the university to operate as normal after long shutdown period)

According to the timeline, will my application consider as a valid one and any chance to get refusal because of some minor mistake? 

As I search around all other forums, look like many ones make a minor mistake and got refusal. 

I'm wondering why as well for some mistake such as file an application before completion date because in my instance, the system not able to accept the future date.

Also, wondering about OVHC, as my OSHC still valid and my student visa still valid till 21 March 2019. And DHA website said that

Overseas student health cover
Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is acceptable health insurance if you are still on a student visa when you submit or send your application for a subclass 485 visa.

However, OSHC will not be acceptable evidence of adequate health cover if you no longer hold a student visa.

If you are applying for this visa while you are covered by OSHC, you will need to have adequate health cover (other than your OSHC) either immediately after your OSHC ends or before we make a decision, whichever comes first.

If we decide on your application before your OSHC ends, we will contact you to ask you to obtain non-OSHC cover before we decide it.

At the time of lodgement, I attached my OSHC certificate with the application as DHA website said it acceptable. 

However, I am wondering whether do I need OVHC at that time of lodgement as I didn't have mine one yet? 

I plan to purchase it when CO request me or by next month before my student visa expire as DHA website mentioned.

In conclusion, my questions are

1.Is my application consider as a valid one? Any chance of refusal?
2.Do I need OVHC at that time of lodgement as DHA website said OSHC still acceptable if my student visa still valid?

Thanks very much.

24 minutes ago, ohmoomtang said:

Do I need OVHC at that time of lodgement as DHA website said OSHC still acceptable if my student visa still valid?

No - but put it in place before your OSHC expires.

25 minutes ago, ohmoomtang said:

Is my application consider as a valid one? Any chance of refusal?

If you received notification of the grant of a bridging visa, then you have made a valid application and your application will be assessed. It's not really possible to comment on the outcome of your application.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ohmoomtang said:

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, wander around to research for a few days then decide to register and post questions regarding my 485 application.

I'm on Student Visa 500, will expire on 21 March 2019, studied in Sydney for 2 years and currently waiting for 485 (Post-Study) visa application outcome. My timeline is below. 

14 September 2018 - Received AFP NPC Complete Disclosure (I applied before because at that time I don't know whether I'll continue staying in Australia or not, just want to make sure that I'll have everything ready. As well, I'm not purposing for PR, just want to obtain experience with 485 then going back home)
1 November 2018 - Got my job offer
2 November 2018 - File "My Health Declaration" to obtain HAP ID in advance for medical assessment
16 November 2018 - Finish my final exam
21 November 2018 - Have a medical assessment at Bupa, Wynyard
26 November 2018 - Start working full-time in the company (My course out of session so I am able to work full-time with my Student Visa)
12 December 2018 - Final result is out and the university release completion letter which stated that I've completed all requirement and award a degree at the same date (12 December 2018)
16 December 2018 - Took a General IELTS as my current one is expired
20 December 2018 Morning - IELTS Result is out (Overall 6.5 - L7.5, R7.0, W6.0, S6.0), go to get my TRF at IDP Sydney Central
20 December 2018 Afternoon - File a 485 visa application by myself without an agent.

Attached following documents on 20 Dec

• Passport info page
  • My Photo
  • IELTS TRF Form (Scanned)
  • AFP NPC Certificate (Scanned)
  • Transcript from University Online System (realise later that I need an official copy, then made it later)
  • Completion Letter from University Online System (no CRICOS code detail, request university to have another one later)
  • Student Card
  • Temporary OSHC certificate from Allianz

21 December 2018 - attached more document

• Previous entry stamp to Australia stamped on 27 September 2016 (I study English foundation course before my Master)
  • CoE for my graduated Master
  • Driver License (From my country to show birthday evidence  - no translate as it accommodates both my native language and English language)

22 December 2018 - attached more document

• Form 80 (realise later that they need it)
  • ID Card (From my country to show birthday evidence  - no translate as it accommodates both my native language and English language)

28 December 2018 - attached more document

• Completion letter with CRICOS code in the letter

3 January 2019 - attached more document

• Official OSHC certificate from Allianz (Just found an option in iPhone app to generate an official one while in website provide only temporary one)

8 January 2019 - attached more document

• Official transcript (Need to wait for the university to operate as normal after long shutdown period)

According to the timeline, will my application consider as a valid one and any chance to get refusal because of some minor mistake? 

As I search around all other forums, look like many ones make a minor mistake and got refusal. 

I'm wondering why as well for some mistake such as file an application before completion date because in my instance, the system not able to accept the future date.

Also, wondering about OVHC, as my OSHC still valid and my student visa still valid till 21 March 2019. And DHA website said that

At the time of lodgement, I attached my OSHC certificate with the application as DHA website said it acceptable. 

However, I am wondering whether do I need OVHC at that time of lodgement as I didn't have mine one yet? 

I plan to purchase it when CO request me or by next month before my student visa expire as DHA website mentioned.

In conclusion, my questions are

1.Is my application consider as a valid one? Any chance of refusal?
2.Do I need OVHC at that time of lodgement as DHA website said OSHC still acceptable if my student visa still valid?

Thanks very much.

Just buy an OVHC now and submit the certificate to avoid any delays. All of the OVHC providers let you choose the start date and won't charge until then. In my case i had couple of month left on my student visa, so i put the start date on my OVHC the day my student visa was expiring. Insurance company will email you certificate straightaway which you have to submit to immiaccount

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey everyone! I realize this was a year ago but adding to this thread, I'm wondering how you input your OVHC information into your visa application. It asks for an end date but the policy is open-ended. However the visa application needs a "policy end date" so I'm not sure how to fill this out unless I pay for 4 years of insurance up front which I just can't afford. I've uploaded my certificate which shows there is no end date but there is no option to put this information within the health insurance section of the actual application. It only accepts numbers/dates and will not allow it to remain empty. Thanks for your time!

Kaitlyn

• 1 year later...

I applied for Temporary Graduate Visa 485 on 15th December, 2021 while I still had student visa and OSHC till 15th March, 2022. 

My consultancy bought me a OVHC starting from 15th December, 2021. I got a letter in 17th December, 2021 stating my bridging visa is approved but it will be active after my student visa expires in 15th March, 2022. I have paid over $800 in an OVHC which only got activated when my bridging visa activated in 15th March, 2022.

When I asked the OVHC insurance provider what is the point of having two insurance policies at the same time when my OVHC is only effective when my bridging visa got activated, they suggested me to change the start date of the insurance to 16th March, 2022 when my bridging visa actually activated and told me it won't have any consequence on my Temporary Graduate Visa decision. 

But, but, but my migration agent keeps telling me that I shouldn't change the start date because it will hamper my application and tries to divert the topic. I tried to discuss this with other agents in the same consultancy but none of them replies my mail. So what was the point of me paying hundreds of dollars in OVHC while I already had OSHC? All this time, I feel like my migration agent didn't give me the full picture of this. Did my migration agent cheated on this matter in order to gain referral commission?

There really isn't any need to copy the same text onto multiple threads, if someone has any view on the statement you made they will make it on the original post.

My view is that if you don't trust your agent you should fire them, but you should make your own mind up and not ask a bunch of keyboard warriors (like me) to make the decision for you

I thought I could get better suggestion in this thread since it is related to my situation. Irony, how you thought of replying here instead of the original one to prove a point. I now really believe that it's no good asking for any views with a bunch of keyboard warriors. Thanks!

8 hours ago, AnitaAnne said:

I thought I could get better suggestion in this thread since it is related to my situation. Irony, how you thought of replying here instead of the original one to prove a point. I now really believe that it's no good asking for any views with a bunch of keyboard warriors. Thanks!

I think your query is perhaps beyond the remit of most PIO members, and hope you can sort it out. My son was an international student a long time ago, and  the rules changed constantly then, so I understand your concern to get clarity to ensure you keep within the visa conditions, but also not pay more than needed.

I assure you we aren’t all keyboard warriors on PIO. we are not experts,just ordinary members who try to help. I have been a member for a long time, I have seen thousands and thousands of posters helped, not just with immigration concerns, but also useful advice given for all sorts of queries that arise for new immigrants.  I know I have been very grateful for advice and help. So please keep posting, even if no one could help this time. 

Wish you all the best

Edited by ramot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ramot said:

I think your query is perhaps beyond the remit of most PIO members, and hope you can sort it out. My son was an international student a long time ago, and  the rules changed constantly then, so I understand your concern to get clarity to ensure you keep within the visa conditions, but also not pay more than needed.

I assure you we aren’t all keyboard warriors on PIO. we are not experts,just ordinary members who try to help. I have been a member for a long time, I have seen thousands and thousands of posters helped, not just with immigration concerns, but also useful advice given for all sorts of queries that arise for new immigrants.  I know I have been very grateful for advice and help. So please keep posting, even if no one could help this time. 

Wish you all the best

Thank you so much for your words. Really means a lot. I know I might seem desperate asking for answers in multiple threads but having to live with financial constraints really makes one monitor all the incoming and outgoings of finances. I hope to get some answers of my questions soon. 

• 2 weeks later...